Would it be worth it to watercool a system without the radiators in the system, much like whole room water cooling and get another case with radiators and a nas built in to it. That means you havent got any fans in your system and you don't need any hdd's but only ssd's because long term and massive files can be saved at your nas.

Would it work and would it be worth it for hardcore gaming?

As sinister said, you do want fans in your system, as there is going to be heat generated (for example in the vrms). This doesn't mean the system is going to be noisy, you can just have two fans at lower RPM that you wouldn't hear.

Also, how far would you have the other case? If it's in the same room you will be able to hear it. If it's in another room, then I think it's a cool idea.

Would it be worth it to watercool a system without the radiators in the system, much like whole room water cooling and get another case with radiators and a nas built in to it. That means you havent got any fans in your system and you don't need any hdd's but only ssd's because long term and massive files can be saved at your nas.

Would it work and would it be worth it for hardcore gaming?

You would need a stronger pump. Would it be worth it? Well that depends on how much you're anoyed by fans and noice in general. I would probably say no

The only way youd be able to have 0 fans is if you ran ALOT or rads outside the case with pumps to help move coolant. I would say at least 4-480mm rads per water block for fanless and thats still pushing it

With a D5 or DDC pump you could move the liquid across the room, no problem. Although at this point you may want to do what Linus did and just run your perhiperals across the room (monitor, mouse, keyboard etc) and have the computer far enough away you can't hear it. I would always have at least one case fan in the case to remove hot air from the motherboard.

Get one of these: http://shop.aquacomputer.de/index.php?cPath=7_31_2026

You can in theory get away with just 2x 180mm fans.

You don't need to spend that much money.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/25x30-Water-to-Air-Heat-Exchanger-with-1-Copper-ports-/141525651797?hash=item20f3961155:g:TXgAAMXQH-pRCtOh

Zip tie/hotglue/whatever some 240mm or 180mm fans.

@OP, my desktop is silent except for the PSU fan which doesn't run most of the time and the one mechanical hdd which also doesn't run a lot of the time.  It can be done but it's going to add at least $500 over the cost of a normal loop if you want it done right.

Workstation:  14700nonk || Asus Z790 ProArt Creator || MSI Gaming Trio 4090 Shunt || Crucial Pro Overclocking 32GB @ 5600 || Corsair AX1600i@240V || whole-house loop.

LANRig/GuestGamingBox: 9900nonK || Gigabyte Z390 Master || ASUS TUF 3090 650W shunt || Corsair SF600 || CPU+GPU watercooled 280 rad pull only || whole-house loop.

Server Router (Untangle): 13600k @ Stock || ASRock Z690 ITX || All 10Gbe || 2x8GB 3200 || PicoPSU 150W 24pin + AX1200i on CPU|| whole-house loop

Server Compute/Storage: 10850K @ 5.1Ghz || Gigabyte Z490 Ultra || EVGA FTW3 3090 1000W || LSI 9280i-24 port || 4TB Samsung 860 Evo, 5x10TB Seagate Enterprise Raid 6, 4x8TB Seagate Archive Backup ||  whole-house loop.

Laptop: HP Elitebook 840 G8 (Intel 1185G7) + 3080Ti Thunderbolt Dock, Razer Blade Stealth 13" 2017 (Intel 8550U)

You don't need to spend that much money.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/25x30-Water-to-Air-Heat-Exchanger-with-1-Copper-ports-/141525651797?hash=item20f3961155:g:TXgAAMXQH-pRCtOh

Zip tie/hotglue/whatever some 240mm or 180mm fans.

A smaller version of that need 3300CFM, based on the numbers provided.

Even the smallest one need 700CFM, which is a lot.

You can DIY it, but I doubt you will get good performance without noisy fans.

I speak my mind, sorry if thats a problem.

• 2 weeks later...