Where do I plug in case fans?

DaltonM
Go to solution Solved by bking,

My old case uses molex fans. Do motherboards usually have enough to run 2-3 case fans?

Looks like connectors 2,3 & 17 on the MB diagram (check your Quick Installation guide) are available for case fans.

Connector 4 is for your CPU cooler.

They seem to have the same plug as my CPU cooler. What I am wondering is where I am supposed to plug these in? 

I'm considering these fans: Cooler Master 120mm 4 pack

In this case: Raijintek Styx

With this motherboard: Asrock Z97M Pro4

My old case uses molex fans. Do motherboards usually have enough to run 2-3 case fans?

Thanks! I really thought this would require no thought, but I just want to be sure before I spend the money :)

If your MOBO doesn't have enough fan headers, you can use a splitter.

Intel Core i7-6700K | Corsair H105 | Asus Z170I PRO GAMING | G.Skill TridentZ Series 16GB | 950 PRO 512GB M.2

Asus GeForce GTX 980 Ti 6GB STRIX OC | BitFenix Prodigy (Black/Red) | XFX PRO Black Edition 850W

My BuildPCPartPicker | CoC

System fan headers, or cpu fan headers is where mine are plugged in. Except the cpu fan

Spoiler

[CPU] - Intel Core i5-4590  

[Motherboard] - MSI B85-G43 GAMING 

[RAM] - Kingston HyperX Beast (2x4GB) 1866Mhz... CPU only supports 1600Mhz

[SSD] - A-Data SP600 128GB SSD

[HDD]- 1Tb Seagate Barracuda

[GPU] - EVGA GTX 1060 6GB SSC

[Case] - Corsair SPEC-03 White 

[PSU] - Rosewill 450W 80+Bronze

The mobo looks to have only four fan connectors, CPU fan included. Take a look in the motherboard manual to find them and to be able to tell, which is which. It has a lot of other useful info too.

I mean this by no offense at all, but since this is the level of questions you have at heart, you should really watch/read a tutorial or two. This is simplest of the simple stuff, in my opinion.

There's fan headers scattered throughout your motherboard. If there's not enough of them, you can buy molex fan splitters that power usually 4 fans for like $5

I'm a fucking AMD kawaii weeaboo desu I have seen the light

i5 6600k EVGA 980 FTW Z170A PC Mate 1TB WD Blue240GB SSD Plus NZXT S340 | EVGA 600b  | Dedotated 8GB

Looks like connectors 2,3 & 17 on the MB diagram (check your Quick Installation guide) are available for case fans.

Connector 4 is for your CPU cooler.

The mobo looks to have only four fan connectors, CPU fan included. Take a look in the motherboard manual to find them and to be able to tell, which is which. It has a lot of other useful info too.

I mean this by no offense at all, but since this is the level of questions you have at heart, you should really watch/read a tutorial or two. This is simplest of the simple stuff, in my opinion.

No offense taken lol. I know about MHz, refresh rates, nanometer processes and all that, I am avid PC enthusiast but the more I thought about this fan thing (my cases only ever had one fan expect the one I used for a month) the more I doubted myself lol

Thanks guys! I will purchase with confidence knowing my computer will cooled properly :)