My Frustration with AMD Drivers.

mynameajeff

I downloaded the new AMD "Gaming" Drivers because I thought that it wouldn't effect anything at all, yanno just updating drivers.

That is where I was Terribly Wrong.

When I downloaded the drivers it loaded all my steam games into the stupid GUI they have and optimized my games.

I thought "Okay, well maybe my games will run at a higher performance because they are now optimized!"

Nope, every time i tried to load a game, the driver would crash and the game would not load.

i tried re installing drivers and that didn't work, i tried disabling the optimization and that didn't work

it took me re installing windows and putting old drivers on my card for it to finally work

I honestly cannot stand AMD, the only reason I have an AMD card was because I got it for a stupid cheap price.

(I am not trying to start an argument about AMD vs NVIDIA I am just sharing my experience with AMD please refrain from going fanboy on my ass)

Has anyone else had these issue's with the drivers? Let me know

RyanTheCanadian

Network Administration / Systems Management and Security / White Hat

My computer is the definition of scrapyard wars.

I'm pretty sure you could've fixed that without reinstalling, like, rolling back? And getting rid of Gaming Evolved. Nobody should install Gaming Evolved

Having problems with your fresh Windows 10 install? PM Me!
Windows 10- Want To Disable Telemetry, Disable Cortana, Disable Windows Updates? Look at my guide HERE
LTT Beginners Guide  | Community Standards | TN&R Posting Guidelines

No, the new ones I find great.

Spoiler

Main PC: CPU Xeon E3-1231 V3 - MB Asrock B85M Pro3 - RAM 16GB Kingston - GPU GTX 1070 Gainward Phoenix - PSU Corsair AX760i - Monitor  LG 22EA63 - Keyboard Corsair Strafe - Mouse Logitech G402 - Storage 2x3TB WD Green - 240GB OCZ SSD

Well my Geforce Experience is broken to the point where I have to kill the process and reopen it in order for it to come up from the taskbar, so Nvidia isn't much better.

Location: Kaunas, Lithuania, Europe, Earth, Solar System, Local Interstellar Cloud, Local Bubble, Gould Belt, Orion Arm, Milky Way, Milky Way subgroup, Local Group, Virgo Supercluster, Laniakea, Pisces–Cetus Supercluster Complex, Observable universe, Universe.

Spoiler

12700, B660M Mortar DDR4, 32GB 3200C16 Viper Steel, 2TB SN570, EVGA Supernova G6 850W, be quiet! 500FX, EVGA 3070Ti FTW3 Ultra.

when i updated drivers i cant run 2 monitiors anymore cuz muy games keep freezing. even heartstone freez

-snip-

Gaming

"Evolved"

RyanTheCanadian

Well my Geforce Experience is broken to the point where I have to kill the process and reopen it in order for it to come up from the taskbar, so Nvidia isn't much better.

Same here i DDU'd when i got my 580 and installed the latest driver naked except the HD audio.

I was never vocal about it as drivers are drivers, some though MUST be vocal.

CONSOLE KILLER: Pentium III 700mhz . 512MB RAM . 3DFX VOODOO 3 SLi

The app never optimized anything for me unless I clocked the button maybe you did something.

Intel 4670K /w TT water 2.0 performer, GTX 1070FE, Gigabyte Z87X-DH3, Corsair HX750, 16GB Mushkin 1333mhz, Fractal R4 Windowed, Varmilo mint TKL, Logitech m310, HP Pavilion 23bw, Logitech 2.1 Speakers

The app never optimized anything for me unless I clocked the button maybe you did something.

When I installed the drivers it loaded my library and "optimized them"

RyanTheCanadian

The app never optimized anything for me unless I clicked the button maybe you did something.

Intel 4670K /w TT water 2.0 performer, GTX 1070FE, Gigabyte Z87X-DH3, Corsair HX750, 16GB Mushkin 1333mhz, Fractal R4 Windowed, Varmilo mint TKL, Logitech m310, HP Pavilion 23bw, Logitech 2.1 Speakers

well, Nvidia does the same thing, if you accept. Read before accepting stuff.

Location: Kaunas, Lithuania, Europe, Earth, Solar System, Local Interstellar Cloud, Local Bubble, Gould Belt, Orion Arm, Milky Way, Milky Way subgroup, Local Group, Virgo Supercluster, Laniakea, Pisces–Cetus Supercluster Complex, Observable universe, Universe.

Spoiler

12700, B660M Mortar DDR4, 32GB 3200C16 Viper Steel, 2TB SN570, EVGA Supernova G6 850W, be quiet! 500FX, EVGA 3070Ti FTW3 Ultra.

The driver doesn't optimize games, that's the Gaming Evolved app. That app is optional, and it doesn't optimize games unless you tell it to. So your criticism seems a bit misguided on that count. As for crashing, well that's unfortunate. I haven't run into any such issues, in fact at any point since I switched from Nvidia to AMD (several years ago).

well, Nvidia does the same thing, if you accept. Read before accepting stuff.

Really? 

I just installed the drivers

Also I fucked up when installing the drivers cause I didnt do a custom install (Cause I kind of did trust AMD) and it installed some raptr bullshit that records all the games  you play.

RyanTheCanadian

Really? 

I just installed the drivers

Also I fucked up when installing the drivers cause I didnt do a custom install (Cause I kind of did trust AMD) and it installed some raptr bullshit that records all the games  you play.

raptr is AMD's version of Shadowplay.

Spoiler

Gaming

"Evolved"

Even evolution knows when its made a mistake and its time to kill it off. --- a big reason behind me moving back to Nvidia from AMD was driver related issues (or lack of day-one drivers).

Intel I9-9900k (5Ghz) Asus ROG Maximus XI Formula | Corsair Vengeance 16GB DDR4-4133mhz | ASUS ROG Strix 2080Ti | EVGA Supernova G2 1050w 80+Gold | Samsung 950 Pro M.2 (512GB) + (1TB) | Full EK custom water loop |IN-WIN S-Frame (No. 263/500)

Even evolution knows when its made a mistake and its time to kill it off. --- a big reason behind me moving back to Nvidia from AMD was driver related issues (or lack of day-one drivers).

I could sell my card and get a used 980 

I don't know at this point, my R9 390 serves my well when the drivers aren't shit

RyanTheCanadian

You have to do a custom install on everything you download, including Windows 10, if you wear Tin Foil clothing

Having problems with your fresh Windows 10 install? PM Me!
Windows 10- Want To Disable Telemetry, Disable Cortana, Disable Windows Updates? Look at my guide HERE
LTT Beginners Guide  | Community Standards | TN&R Posting Guidelines

I could sell my card and get a used 980 

I don't know at this point, my R9 390 serves my well when the drivers aren't shit

Stop blaming the fucking drivers, you even admitted to fudging the install so....  less crap and move on.

Do it correctly next time.

CONSOLE KILLER: Pentium III 700mhz . 512MB RAM . 3DFX VOODOO 3 SLi

You really don't need special drivers for every new release like Nvidia wants you to believe. I've seen before and after performance examples with Nvidia's Game Ready Drivers and a lot of the time it does little to nothing to help performance. 

You have to do a custom install on everything you download, including Windows 10, if you wear Tin Foil clothing

I put too much trust in these companies lmao

I just watched that barnacles video about the spyware that windows 10 has built in and how to disable it so I just disabled it lmao

3211396764_4bd6fb6bb3.jpg

RyanTheCanadian

-Sniperino-

But the drivers are shit :^) They are the ones crashing not "Gaming Evolved"

RyanTheCanadian

I actually had fewer driver issues after switching from Nvidia to AMD. Worst thing on AMD was some artifacting I would get in Firefox while running Folding@Home. Scared the hell out of me for a while, but didn't actually indicate a problem or cause any other problems. Eventually it was fixed (took a while though).

But the drivers are shit :^) They are the ones crashing not "Gaming Evolved"

Nvidia's really aren't any better. Are you going to try reinstalling like people have recommended or are you just keep bitching and doing nothing?