Game Stutter With High End Pc

Hi there. I am having trouble on playing heroes of the storm, I get this stutter effect, like not smooth at all but the fps counter is at flickering 60-59 constant, so there is no actual fps drop althought there is, it happens after minion spawn, and is ammplified when there are battles, it happens on training ai too, but not in try mode. here is the forum post: http://eu.battle.net/heroes/en/forum/topic/17288699994?page=1#0

Blizzard live support could not help, they checked my dxdiag and msinfo to find no issue, everything that I was told did not help, it happens regardless of in game settings, out of game settings/nvidia settings, regardless of components which are far more copable of running it, regardless of anything really, temp, formatted many times, antivirus, background processes, you name it. I am asking for this issue for more than a year now. No one has ever found the cause.

Connection was found to be okay. Contacted ISP, everything is okay.

My specs:

Gtx 980

Mobo: dell precision t3600

Cpu: intel xeon e5-1620 3.6ghz.

Ram: 8gb. 4x2gb sticks.

Thanks

Disable V-Sync.

Shark Rampage V: AMD FX-4350 @ 4.5GHz(1.404 Volts) / Hyper 212 Evo / Gigabyte 750Ti (1405MHz Core,3200MHz Memory @ stock voltage) / Kington HyperX Fury 8 Gigs 1866MHz Dual channel / ASUS M5A97 R2.0 / WD Caviar Blue 1TB 7200 RPM / 850Evo 250GB / XFX TS 550w 80+ Bronze Sharkoon VG4-W

Disable V-Sync.

makes it worse, did not work.

already said its regardless of settings anyway. 

Hi there. I am having trouble on playing heroes of the storm, I get this stutter effect, like not smooth at all but the fps counter is at flickering 60-59 constant, so there is no actual fps drop althought there is, it happens after minion spawn, and is ammplified when there are battles, it happens on training ai too, but not in try mode. here is the forum post: http://eu.battle.net/heroes/en/forum/topic/17288699994?page=1#0

Blizzard live support could not help, they checked my dxdiag and msinfo to find no issue, everything that I was told did not help, it happens regardless of in game settings, out of game settings/nvidia settings, regardless of components which are far more copable of running it, regardless of anything really, temp, formatted many times, antivirus, background processes, you name it. I am asking for this issue for more than a year now. No one has ever found the cause.

Connection was found to be okay. Contacted ISP, everything is okay.

My specs:

Gtx 980

Mobo: dell precision t3600

Cpu: intel xeon e5-1620 3.6ghz.

Ram: 8gb. 4x2gb sticks.

Thanks

I just gave you your first like. You're welcome!  :D

AMD Ryzen 7 3700X | ASUS X570 Crosshair VIII Dark Hero | EVGA GeForce GTX 1080 Ti SC2 HYBRID | 32GB DDR4-3600

What monitor do you have?

My Rig:

Xeon E5 1680 V2 @ 4.5GHz - Asus Rampage IV Extreme X79 Mobo - 64GB DDR3 1600MHz - 8 x 8GB Corsair Vengeance Low Profile - CAS 10-10-10-27 - AMD Radeon RX 6700XT Sapphire Pulse 12GB - DeepCool E-Shield E-ATX Tempered Glass Case - 1 x 1TB Crucial P1 NVMe SSD - BeQuiet Straight Power 11 850W Gold+ Quad rail - Fractal Design Celsius S36 & 6 x 120mm silent fans - Lenovo KBBH21 - Corsair Glaive RGB Pro - Windows 10 Pro 64-Bit

Monitors - 3 x Acer Nitro 23.8" 1080p 75Hz IPS 1ms Freesync Panels = AMD Eyefinity @ 75Hz

Dell U2412M(Digital) it says

Ok, well it definitely is not your monitor. Are you in any way at all able to access another desktop to try your GPU in?

My Rig:

Xeon E5 1680 V2 @ 4.5GHz - Asus Rampage IV Extreme X79 Mobo - 64GB DDR3 1600MHz - 8 x 8GB Corsair Vengeance Low Profile - CAS 10-10-10-27 - AMD Radeon RX 6700XT Sapphire Pulse 12GB - DeepCool E-Shield E-ATX Tempered Glass Case - 1 x 1TB Crucial P1 NVMe SSD - BeQuiet Straight Power 11 850W Gold+ Quad rail - Fractal Design Celsius S36 & 6 x 120mm silent fans - Lenovo KBBH21 - Corsair Glaive RGB Pro - Windows 10 Pro 64-Bit

Monitors - 3 x Acer Nitro 23.8" 1080p 75Hz IPS 1ms Freesync Panels = AMD Eyefinity @ 75Hz

Ok, well it definitely is not your monitor. Are you in any way at all able to access another desktop to try your GPU in?

no. It is fine, I changed like 2 of those but no effect

no. It is fine, I changed like 2 of those but no effect

Changed two of what? Monitor or GPU?

Also, you could go to a friend with a PC and ask them if you could troubleshoot your GPU in their PC... There are always ways of getting round things...

My Rig:

Changed two of what? Monitor or GPU?

Also, you could go to a friend with a PC and ask them if you could troubleshoot your GPU in their PC... There are always ways of getting round things...

you asked for gpu, I replied for it.

you asked for gpu, I replied for it.

Sorry woops, anyway so could you ask a friend?

My Rig:

Sorry woops, anyway so could you ask a friend?

no I cannot, we do with what we have. The game runs diffrently for each pc so there is no point on going to another pc and testing anything since the game itself will run differently as stated. To test my gpu on another pc it cannot be done and there is no need to, I suspect it to be the fx that when they appear it starts the issue but I am not sure and it is unlikely. I did not have this issue with witcher 3 ultra.

no I cannot, we do with what we have. The game runs diffrently for each pc so there is no point on going to another pc and testing anything since the game itself will run differently as stated. To test my gpu on another pc it cannot be done and there is no need to, I suspect it to be the fx that when they appear it starts the issue but I am not sure and it is unlikely. I did not have this issue with witcher 3 ultra.

There is definitely a need to test it on another PC, just cuz you think they play differently, it wont happen with the same GPU in games. Also, PC's only run differently in games if they have a different GPU in them. Sure you may get a bottleneck from your CPU or whatever and you may get lower FPS, but it is likely you wont get the stuttering.

My Rig:

There is definitely a need to test it on another PC, just cuz you think they play differently, it wont happen with the same GPU in games. Also, PC's only run differently in games if they have a different GPU in them. Sure you may get a bottleneck from your CPU or whatever and you may get lower FPS, but it is likely you wont get the stuttering.

ok then its cpu, not gpu, since I swapped gpus, next.

also swapped motherboards 3 times from guarantee.

Here it is my gameplay: 

First is try mode second is ai training, the first one has almost no problem and the second one has stuttering. You will notice it especially on camera movement.

dont watch it embed , go to youtube.

Here it is my gameplay: 

First is try mode second is ai training, the first one has almost no problem and the second one has stuttering. You will notice it especially on camera movement.

dont watch it embed , go to youtube.

You make it sound like your studdering so terribly bad, but it's honestly not that bad...

Not to mention Xeon's aren't meant for gaming...

Try putting your graphics card in someone else's computer with an i5 or something.

If that's resolves your issue then, ya. You know what's going on at that point.

You make it sound like your studdering so terribly bad, but it's honestly not that bad...

Not to mention Xeon's aren't meant for gaming...

Try putting your graphics card in someone else's computer with an i5 or something.

If that's resolves your issue then, ya. You know what's going on at that point.

xeons are more reliable, and not bad for gaming , werent made for games but for more intense tasks, not for less intensive tasks.

The stutter is bad for an rts game, if I had a computer made of scraps then yes it wouldnt be that bad.

xeons are more reliable, and not bad for gaming , werent made for games but for more intense tasks, not for less intensive tasks.

The stutter is bad for an rts game, if I had a computer made of scraps then yes it wouldnt be that bad.

Do you think that HotS is CPU intensive? lol. 

You're asking for help, and all I see from you is denying all help.

Do you think that HotS is CPU intensive? lol. 

You're asking for help, and all I see from you is denying all help.

... seriously, I dont care what you think of me, denying or not. I am here in the forums asking what is the cause of this, not accepting whatever I hear is normal. I can go to forums and answer questions as well and make people think I am an expert, so for this not not happen people can deny my suggestions. But this is not the case here, the problem is that I have already done that. When I say, I did this I know that, it means that Someone already clarified this and it is not the problem, the fact that I have xeon instead of i7 has nothing to do with the problem. I experience something that other people do not. Even an cpu intensive game has no issues when ran with a xeon. I have issues with this game mostly that is why I address it as such. Now if you see aggression or whatever on my threads or denial of help it is clearly psychological preview, you cant see me so you make assumptions. What I say is that the game I try to run doesnt run for me properly while others run it fine, so I try to find the cause and try to monitor it mostly, with no success, on what I can try, there are tons of things I could do , it is true, but I need to minimize this to one thing at a time, since there is not real time in attempting fixes, especially those already done, or the common fixes, the ones that the game support itself posts in trying out. Background processes, antivirus, format etc. I will deny those as you say because There is no point on saying that I will do them, because I already did, its a waste of time, if I eliminate possibilities, there is no point in doing so again. I asked for clarification on xeons and i7s for gaming, there is no critical diffrence. Its like, buy xeon if you need it , and i7 for just gaming, since I work with rendering too, I need xeon more, thus the pc was prebuilt to support it. If someone was to just buy a game pc they would buy a i7 or i5. 

So its not bad that I have xeon processor.

So yeah, the stutter is bad while in game if there is a lot going on and I need to respond, if you drive in real life and there was a chance that you could lag, then you wouldn't drive because it would be dangerous and risky.

... seriously, I dont care what you think of me, denying or not. I am here in the forums asking what is the cause of this, not accepting whatever I hear is normal. I can go to forums and answer questions as well and make people think I am an expert, so for this not not happen people can deny my suggestions. But this is not the case here, the problem is that I have already done that. When I say, I did this I know that, it means that Someone already clarified this and it is not the problem, the fact that I have xeon instead of i7 has nothing to do with the problem. I experience something that other people do not. Even an cpu intensive game has no issues when ran with a xeon. I have issues with this game mostly that is why I address it as such. Now if you see aggression or whatever on my threads or denial of help it is clearly psychological preview, you cant see me so you make assumptions. What I say is that the game I try to run doesnt run for me properly while others run it fine, so I try to find the cause and try to monitor it mostly, with no success, on what I can try, there are tons of things I could do , it is true, but I need to minimize this to one thing at a time, since there is not real time in attempting fixes, especially those already done, or the common fixes, the ones that the game support itself posts in trying out. Background processes, antivirus, format etc. I will deny those as you say because There is no point on saying that I will do them, because I already did, its a waste of time, if I eliminate possibilities, there is no point in doing so again. I asked for clarification on xeons and i7s for gaming, there is no critical diffrence. Its like, buy xeon if you need it , and i7 for just gaming, since I work with rendering too, I need xeon more, thus the pc was prebuilt to support it. If someone was to just buy a game pc they would buy a i7 or i5. 

So its not bad that I have xeon processor.

So yeah, the stutter is bad while in game if there is a lot going on and I need to respond, if you drive in real life and there was a chance that you could lag, then you wouldn't drive because it would be dangerous and risky.

Ok.

You can game with Xeons and Opterons, yes.  However, it depends on the optimization too.  If it is every game then there's a huge issue.

It could be that Xeon is bad, it could be driver related, it could be different hw like the motherboard's chipset not wanting to handle the given instructions, and it could be an optimization issue.  Calm down.  Also, are these games online by any chance?  Because that could be server lag too.

it is online, you can see more information about it here, its my post: http://eu.battle.net/heroes/en/forum/topic/17288699994?page=1#0

I was instructed by the live support of the game as well, although I did not get any help, only advises, the real help would be if they could somehow spot the issue, not raw guesses. I managed to do some tests thus far no idea what is causing it, The latest step is a bit misinformed, I use windows 10 now clean. I did all the fixes like ram leak fix and such as was suggested.

Try reinstalling you drivers. It's hard to pinpoint the issue like you want as this can be caused by many different things.  It's not just, "Oh it's this lil thing here. It's so obvious."  You have an issue that is caused by lots of things.  What I said is the different things that it most likely is.

1. Try reinstalling your drivers.  Driver booster might help.

2.  It could be lag aka there's a communication issue between you and the server.  So, it could be their server, your network equipment, or your wifi/LAN method on your computer.

3. It might not be optimized to run with a Xeon.

4.  Windows 10 doesn't like your hw as Windows 10 is infamous for currently having various issues with drivers.

that didnt really help out. For others it could be a solution though.

Maybe it's a bad PCI lane then.

here we go, thanks for the reply, what is that?

Let me first ask, how to identify and fix it? on device manager there is a pci bus device driver missing and my machine cannot find it, I will have to not depend on that as a fix since my last pre-upgrade build was not having this issue, probably. But had the fps drop effect as well.

Download Iobit's driver booster to locate it and install it.  It will get a fresh one from the mobo's maker unless you wanna do that manually, that works too.  It's the driver that communicates between the OS, the GPU, and the PCI/e lane that the GPU is in.

oh what, it is called pci serial port driver, my bad. So, driver booster downloaded me some glitchy drivers in the past so it would be difficult to proceed with it, I might need to find the specific driver suitable for it manually, but where? I mean, the device manager couldnt find any online by itself.

Again, useful information for others probably, for other systems it could help , this software I mean, but did not help for me.

What's the motherboard maker and model?  It's gunna be under that part's support page.

http://www.dell.com/support/home/us/en/19/product-support/product/precision-t3600/drivers/advanced

This the link.  Try to download the 3 under chipset.  Usually, chipset drivers contain the PCI drivers.

This was one of the first things I installed on my computer.