unreliable guns

player285

There really aren't many modern unreliable guns. 

I know the SIG Mosquito has a reputation for being pretty spotty. 

Interestingly my most "Unreliable" gun is my only revolver, a ruger GP100 in .357mag. It has had it's timing get off twice.

I pretty much expect a modern gun to be extremely reliable. I have had a handful of failure to extracts in my Beretta 92FS, never had an issue with my XDm 5.25, Glock 19, Sig P226, AR-15's etc.

CPU: i9-13900k MOBO: Asus Strix Z790-E RAM: 64GB GSkill  CPU Cooler: Corsair H170i

GPU: Asus Strix RTX-4090 Case: Fractal Torrent PSU: Corsair HX-1000i Storage: 2TB Samsung 990 Pro

British SA80-A2.. always jamming.

CONSOLE KILLER: Pentium III 700mhz . 512MB RAM . 3DFX VOODOO 3 SLi

Some of the Chauchat rifles from WWI were total garbage. The basic Chauchat design was actually fine for the period, but different chamberings and all that became a total mess. The US troops that were issued .30-06 chambered Chauchat rifles immediately discarded them because they were totally useless.

I know the glock is one the most reliable guns, but what about the most unreliable gun?

The desert eagle is notorious for jamming.

i7 7700k @ 4.9ghz | Asus Maximus IX Hero | G.skill 32gb @ 3200 | Gtx 1080 classified | In win 909 | Samsung 960 pro 1tb | WD caviar blue 1tb x3 | Dell u3417w | Corsair H115i | Ducky premier dk9008p (mx reds) | Logitech g900 | Sennheiser hd 800s w/ hdvd 800 | Audioengine a5+ w/ s8

Interestingly my most "Unreliable" gun is my only revolver, a ruger GP100 in .357mag. It has had it's timing get off twice.

well thats not good.

the most unreliable gun I have messed with would be an sks that doesn't seem to like modern ammo

My JB-welded PVC potato cannon.

I still have that PVC pipe denatured alcohol cannon in storage... the pipe's most likely going to explode the next time I try to fire it...

I thought of this because i live in singapore and my father was telling me about his time in national service for army, and how the m16 was always jamming...

But that was in like the 1990s

I still have that PVC pipe denatured alcohol cannon in storage... the pipe's most likely going to explode the next time I try to fire it...

Mine isn't necessarily all the way built yet... I need to find an igniter for a barbecue and then stick that in there, then everything will be fine...

well thats not good.

the most unreliable gun I have messed with would be an sks that doesn't seem to like modern ammo

Yep. I sent it back to the factory twice for it.

It's been several years now, and it has been running just fine since. Plus they threw in a trigger job for the trouble.

Yeah, there are more examples of less reliable guns when you go back 50+ years, for sure. 

CPU: i9-13900k MOBO: Asus Strix Z790-E RAM: 64GB GSkill  CPU Cooler: Corsair H170i

GPU: Asus Strix RTX-4090 Case: Fractal Torrent PSU: Corsair HX-1000i Storage: 2TB Samsung 990 Pro

The most unreliable ones are most likely the oldest ones, both oldest ones in service (weapons that have been recycled for several decades without replacing), and oldest ones in existence (older firearms, like flintlocks).

I doubt anything that has been made after 1970's or 1980's would be "unreliable" per say. There can be manufacturing defects that can happen with every product, but those are just the rare exceptions.

Never trust my advice. Only take any and all advice from me with a grain of salt. Just a heads up.

maybe, it was clear they were implied but it just read so well like that lol

made me chuckle haha

I know MP-40's did pretty poorly once winter rolled around on the eastern front, so lots of german soldiers picked up PPSH's instead. 

tdM2q.jpg

ZiP .22 is one that springs to mind. 

Haven't tested one myself but yeah

411553986_1.jpg

====>The car thread<====>Dark Souls thread<====>Placeholder<====
"Life is like a raging river, Its gonna get rough downstream. And people's gonna piss in it" 

"Who discovered we could get milk from cows, and what did he THINK he was doing at the time?"

I know MP-40's did pretty poorly once winter rolled around on the eastern front, so lots of german soldiers picked up PPSH's instead. 

Yeah and look how that turned out for them :P

ZiP .22 is one that springs to mind. 

Haven't tested one myself but yeah

411553986_1.jpg
ummm ya I would never want to use that it seems so badly designed lol

ummm ya I would never want to use that it seems so badly designed lol

No kidding

Keep in mind that resetting the striker with a live round in the chamber means putting your fingers/hands right at the muzzle (hopefully it wasn’t just a hangfire!). Clearing jams requires the same digit-endangerment. There is no provision for locking the bolt back.

http://www.thetruthaboutguns.com/2013/04/jeremy-s/gun-review-usfa-zip-22lr/

====>The car thread<====>Dark Souls thread<====>Placeholder<====
"Life is like a raging river, Its gonna get rough downstream. And people's gonna piss in it" 

"Who discovered we could get milk from cows, and what did he THINK he was doing at the time?"