Have you ever facepalmed at something tech related?

Kendrick

So once my teacher showed us a video and the lady said the only part that changes each year in a pc is a little shape in the corner. apparently it changes every year o-o

Also, my friend wanted to get into PC Gaming and I recommended a beast pcpartpicker pc but instead he bought an alienware with razer peripherals and a 360 controller...

Once a computer science teacher I had told us there were 4 bits in a byte....

When people think building a PC is insanely difficult....

About 99% of this thread: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/34813-experiences-with-non-techies/

And when people think alienware makes the absolute best PCs out there, and that there is no superior PC....

And Acer's build quality, and HP's cooling (on lower end stuff at least)....

Specs: CPU - Intel i7 8700K @ 5GHz | GPU - Gigabyte GTX 970 G1 Gaming | Motherboard - ASUS Strix Z370-G WIFI AC | RAM - XPG Gammix DDR4-3000MHz 32GB (2x16GB) | Main Drive - Samsung 850 Evo 500GB M.2 | Other Drives - 7TB/3 Drives | CPU Cooler - Corsair H100i Pro | Case - Fractal Design Define C Mini TG | Power Supply - EVGA G3 850W

So once my teacher showed us a video and the lady said the only part that changes each year in a pc is a little shape in the corner. apparently it changes every year o-o

Also, my friend wanted to get into PC Gaming and I recommended a beast pcpartpicker pc but instead he bought an alienware with razer peripherals and a 360 controller...

your friend is the typical i wanna be a gamer but have no idea what im doing crowd. LOL "gamer phase"

I've had someone tell me that they needed a floppy disk reader on there computer but insisted that they need an top of the line i7 among other things for web browsing and showing slides.. Needless to say we gave him a Pentium and he never noticed a different.. Told us how well his i7 worked and that we should get one (lol)

TX10 Build Log: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/456229-tx10-build-log/

Case: TX10-D   Proccessor: i7-5820k   MotherBoard: Asrockx99 Extreme4   Ram: Crucial Ballistix Sport 16GB (DDR4-2400)   GPU: Asus Strix OC 980ti   Storage: 850pro 500gb, 850pro 500gb, 850pro 256gb, WD black 16tb total, Silicon Power S60 120GB   PSU: Seasonic snow silent 1050   Monitors: Three of Asus VG248QE 144Hz 24.0"

Go check out the thread called "experiences with nontechies"

/thread

oh sorry

Your friend. You don't need him. You are better than him. Leave him. Now.

your friend is the typical i wanna be a gamer but have no idea what im doing crowd. LOL "gamer phase"

I've had someone tell me that they needed a floppy disk reader on there computer but insisted that they need an top of the line i7 among other things for web browsing and showing slides.. Needless to say we gave him a Pentium and he never noticed a different.. Told us how well his i7 worked and that we should get one (lol)

tbf Microsoft powerpoint is very gpu and cpu intensive.

If you look closely you can see some tearing in those slides. Look closely. Closerr... closerr... Thhat's better

Your friend. You don't need him. You are better than him. Leave him. Now.

i unplugged his computer before i left a sleepover and he couldent figure it out for 2 weeks...... once he found out it was me he got mad and rip our friendship o-o

When Linus used graphics cards as a counterweight on that server build.
Or I just think about myself when I killed a motherboard. Its ghost still haunts me...

Gaming PCs:
Intel i7 4790k, EVGA GTX 980ti, NZXT H440
Intel i5 7600k, Asus GTX 970 DC Mini, Silverstone SG13B
HTPC: AMD Phenom II X6 1045t, EVGA GTX 770 FTW, Fractal Node 604

i unplugged his computer before i left a sleepover and he couldent figure it out for 2 weeks...... once he found out it was me he got mad and rip our friendship o-o

Should have told him Razer computers unplug themselves when you're not looking.

Should have told him Razer computers unplug themselves when you're not looking.

they actually break themselves when ur not looking tho

Here in China ppl think (a lot of ppl) that WIFI signal somehow spreads radiation. And IT WILL GIVE YOU CANCER. 

And about wifi router: the more antenna it has, the more powerful it is. 

If it is not broken, let's fix till it is. 

points to case/tower

"This is the CPU"

This was literally in our old C.Sc. text book. 

HP Pavilion p007tx (i5 4210u, gt840m, 8GB DDR3 memory and a 1 TB HDD that makes cool sounds when booting up) 

Since my laptop can't run modern games too well I use a PS4

points to case/tower

"This is the CPU"

This was literally in our old C.Sc. text book. 

lol.

people in india.

Intel Core i3 2100 @ 3.10GHz - Intel Stock Cooler - Zotac Geforce GT 610 2GB Synergy Edition

Intel DH61WW - Corsair® Value Select 4GBx1 DDR3 1600 MHz - Antec BP-300P PSU

WD Green 1TB - Seagate 2.5" HDD 1TB - Seagate Barracuda 500GB - Antec X1 E.

In my college, the animation department head said that "iMac or Mac systems has the best display and its helpful in the whole animation industry". what a dick.

And they're not even 10 bit panels and the color was not really that great (important thing for content creators), I'm talking about the old CINEMA LED display.

Then I explained a whole thing to all the students and staffs about what are the disadvantages of the Apple displays and there are great displays out there with less price.

They thought that "If it is apple, it's best".. fuck!

I felt warmer inside after a whole 2 hour explanation.

Intel Core i3 2100 @ 3.10GHz - Intel Stock Cooler - Zotac Geforce GT 610 2GB Synergy Edition

In my college, the animation department head said that "iMac or Mac systems has the best display and its helpful in the whole animation industry". what a dick.

And they're not even 10 bit panels and the color was not really that great (important thing for content creators), I'm talking about the old CINEMA LED display.

Then I explained a whole thing to all the students and staffs about what are the disadvantages of the Apple displays and there are great displays out there with less price.

They thought that "If it is apple, it's best".. fuck!

I felt warmer inside after a whole 2 hour explanation.

You are a hero

APPLE makes me facepalm because literally few types of person buys the shit, either not informed of other choices, use it as a fashion accessory, or need to use some APPLE only software, and and twice for good measure... fashion accessory.

CONSOLE KILLER: Pentium III 700mhz . 512MB RAM . 3DFX VOODOO 3 SLi

You are a hero

1bae09fb2ecdd32e63311526238fb66456ffd699

:P

APPLE makes me facepalm because literally few types of person buys the shit, either not informed of other choices, use it as a fashion accessory, or need to use some APPLE only software, and and twice for good measure... fashion accessory.

^^ 100 % True!

My computer science teacher, "Don't worry class we gunna make the same kinda application in five different computer langagues!  Herpa derp!  Don't worry it's the same calculators in Java!  VB!  Raptor!  Python!  Ruby!"  This is why I trolled him with code.

I don't get it?

--

:P

It was tumblr humour. Tumblr exaggeration. Wasn't trying to be sarcastic arrogant or demeaning in any way.

It's this old guy who uses outdated methods to make redundant programs rather than teaching us anything else or anything useful in modern development.  He teaches you the same outdated methods in 5 different languages, and my school didn't know any better.  Rather than making him learn new methods they prefer him to use the most barbaric useless methods for what he wants you to do rather than anything that will be useful in the real world.  It's stupid, so I passed his class while also trolling him with code that he was too stupid to realize was nothing more than endless loops.  I had it setup in a way that would force him to close out Eclipse to stop the compiling.

"what he wants you to do rather than anything that will be useful in the real world"

Sums up the whole education system haha

"I passed his class while also trolling him with code that he was too stupid to realize was nothing more than endless loops.  I had it setup in a way that would force him to close out Eclipse to stop the compiling"

I admire you. You're a heroine.