Replace/flash BIOS on OEM motherboard?

So I have a friggin overbuilt LGA775 motherboard from an HP workstation. It looks to have a pretty good chipset on it (the chipset has a damn IHS) but the stock bios has no tinkering options in terms of overclocking. Does anyone know if there is a custom BIOS for the HP XW4600? How would it be flashed? If I need to buy a blank chip, program it with a programmer and solder it to thr board, thats fine. I just kinda want to unlock the potential of the stock 3ghz CPU and maybe put my spare ND-H14 on it for the lolz

None that I know of and from some google search I can't find anything, you might have some luck using software such as SetFSP http://www13.plala.or.jp/setfsb/ or if you are willing to spend money might as well just pick up a faster clocked Xeon or something. That motherboard is built like a tank so using it for a reliable purpose might be cool or even folding like I sort of remember you doing a while back :)

A shadowy flight into the dangerous world of a man who does not exist.

Core 4 Quad Not Extreme, only available on LGA 557 at your local Circuit City

So I have a friggin overbuilt LGA775 motherboard from an HP workstation. It looks to have a pretty good chipset on it (the chipset has a damn IHS) but the stock bios has no tinkering options in terms of overclocking. Does anyone know if there is a custom BIOS for the HP XW4600? How would it be flashed? If I need to buy a blank chip, program it with a programmer and solder it to thr board, thats fine. I just kinda want to unlock the potential of the stock 3ghz CPU and maybe put my spare ND-H14 on it for the lolz

Modding a workstation would be like turning a work truck into a Camaro. The Intel X38 chipset in that board DOES support overclocking, however I'm not sure about BIOS limitations.

Q

Modding a workstation would be like turning a work truck into a Camaro. The Intel X38 chipset in that board DOES support overclocking, however I'm not sure about BIOS limitations.

Absolutely nothing in the bios that I can see. Might have to be a BSEL mod or something