What CPU is the equivalent with 20 or 30 bucks margin for a AMD FX-8530?

Hello, I have an AMD FX-8530,because when i bought my pc I only was thinking abou GHZ power than other things, and after whatching this video ( https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bcVBqwlnmlM) "CPU shopping tips as fast as posible" I think about that I could had bought a better cpu with 170 $. 

I have to say that I'm very happy with this cpu, I'm coming from an Intel core duo E7500 2,93Ghz and this cpu was crap., and i were looking for a change. Looking prices i seemed that intel are soo much expensive comparing the same Ghz's "But what i could think about if I was an idiot!"

I know Intel make better Cpus I know, more efficient and powerfull with less Ghz, so What Cpu is equivalent to FX-8530? 

I mean, There's any Intel arroud that can beat this 4 GHZ (4 cores 8 threads) CPU with similar price but no same ghz?

Rigs I've Built

The Striker i5 4590 @ 3.7 ||  MSI GTX 980 Armor X2 || Corsair RMX 750 || Team Elite Plus 8 GB || Define S || MSI Z97S SLI Krait

The Office PC i3 4160 @ 3.6 || Intel 4600 || EVGA 500B || G.Skill 8 GB || Cooler Master N200 || ASRock H97M Pro4

The Friend PC G3258 @ 4.3 || Sapphire R9 280X Tri-X || EVGA 600B || 8 GB Dell Ram || Cooler Master N200 || ASRock H97M- iTX/ac

The Mom Gaming PC A10-7890K @ 4.4 || iGPU + ASUS R7 250 ||  8 GB Klevv DDR3-2800 Mhz

Well, at least you're learning.

When finding an equivalent to a CPU, under what context and scenario(s) do you mean?  Gaming, rendering, single-threaded workloads, multi-threaded workloads...  Each CPU has their own strengths and weaknesses.  Your CPU might step aside to an Intel for games, however will give those in it's price range a run for their money when it comes to, say, rendering.

[witty signature]

An i5-2500K at 4GHz is about equivalent to the FX-8350 in multi-threaded programs, and much stronger in single-threaded ones. With CPUs on sale today, probably the i5-4690K left at stock settings would be the closest.

Are you sure? Cause my 8350 @4,5 beats an i7-3770 in cinebench by quite a bit. An 8350 can outperform an 4690k in some cases. It's rare, but it's confirmed. Single-threaded I agree completely, but multi-threaded, disagree

CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 5800X3D GPU: AMD Radeon RX 6900 XT 16GB GDDR6 Motherboard: MSI PRESTIGE X570 CREATION
AIO: Corsair H150i Pro RAM: Corsair Dominator Platinum RGB 32GB 3600MHz DDR4 Case: Lian Li PC-O11 Dynamic PSU: Corsair RM850x White

Are you sure? Cause my 8350 @4,5 beats an i7-3770 in cinebench by quite a bit. An 8350 can outperform an 4690k in some cases. It's rare, but it's confirmed. Single-threaded I agree completely, but multi-threaded, disagree

The i5 did lose by quite a bit in Cinebench, but

basically my own testing showed why synthetic benchmarks like Cinebench aren't very useful. I tested a lot of games, most of which could use all 8 cores. I also tested real world multi-threaded programs like video rendering in premiere pro, which uses all 8 cores at 100%. The i5-2500K at 4GHz beat the FX-8350 in every single game, single and multi-threaded, the only thing it lost in was rendering, and it still got 95% the performace of the FX in that. The only thing it lost significantly in was the Cinebench multi-core test, which apparently doesn't represent much in reality.

A i5 4460 out performs it in gaming in all games, even ones that can use 8 cores, and a Xeon 1231/i7 gives it a beatdown in all tasks, even the FX 9590 gets its ass handed to it by them.

The i5 did lose by quite a bit in Cinebench, but basically my own testing showed why sythetic benchmarks like Cinebench aren't very useful. I tested a lot of games, most of which could use all 8 cores. I also tested real world multi-threaded programs like video rendering in premiere pro, which uses all 8 cores at 100%. The i5-2500K at 4GHz beat the FX-8350 in every single game, single and multi-threaded, the only thing it lost in was rendering, and it still got 95% the performace of the FX in that. The only thing it lost significantly in was the Cinebench multi-core test, which apparently doesn't represent much in reality.

I can see that in games the 2500K beat it in GTA5 as well 

Well, at least you're learning.

When finding an equivalent to a CPU, under what context and scenario(s) do you mean? Gaming, rendering, single-threaded workloads, multi-threaded workloads... Each CPU has their own strengths and weaknesses. Your CPU might step aside to an Intel for games, however will give those in it's price range a run for their money when it comes to, say, rendering.

I'm only searching a cpu better, in all aspects, i mean, high quality, more speed at single and multicore, more fps, all i fact, as I can see there's are like 2 or 3 models of i5 that beat 8530 in some cases, this only means that with less power intel equip their cpu with better technology and make their cpu more powerfull than others.

Thanks for all oyur replys you're helping me a lot to have more knowleage about it.

Thanks

Yep, just what I found, thanks for reply I though That cpu is exactly the solution for my question

I can see that in games the 2500K beat it in GTA5 as well

Yes, in some games i% 2500K beats fx-8530, but don't beat another I5 model, so I think I5 4450 or 4690K are a little more expensive but a lot more powerfull.

What do you think about?

Yep, just what I found, thanks for reply I though That cpu is exactly the solution for my question

Just an FYI as well, with the i5 4460 ignore the recommended CPU in most games. In FO4 my i5 4440 performs just as well as my 4790K for example.

"We also blind small animals with cosmetics.
We do not sell cosmetics. We just blind animals."

"Please don't mistake us for Equifax. Those fuckers are evil"

This PSA brought to you by Equifacks.
PMSL

Just an FYI as well, with the i5 4460 ignore the recommended CPU in most games. In FO4 my i5 4440 performs just as well as my 4790K for example.

Thanks! but both run as well in olny fo4 or in all other functions? Cause in some games or programs it can run better o worst, but in general which would be more powerfull in general?

Thanks! but both run as well in olny fo4 or in all other functions? Cause in some games or programs it can run better o worst, but in general which would be more powerfull in general?

i7 is better at things like rendering. In gaming you won't notice ( unless you play Arma. It's badly optimized, so extra horsepower helps here ).

CPU-delided i5-4670k@4.6Ghz 1.42v R.I.P (2013-2015) MOBO-Asus Maximus VI Gene GPU-Gigabyte GTX 970 G1 Gaming@1582Mhz core/3744Mhz memory COOLING-Corsair H60 RAM-1x8Gb Crucial ballistix tactical tracer@2133Mhz 11-12-12-26  DRIVES-Kingston V300 60Gb, OCZ trion 100 120Gb, WD Red 1Tb
2nd  fastest i5 4670k in GPUPI for CPU - 100M

i7 is better at things like rendering. In gaming you won't notice ( unless you play Arma. It's badly optimized, so extra horsepower helps here ).

Times have changed and more developers are able to utilize more than 4 cores. From a personal experience, Dying Light and Fallout 4 are able to utilize all 8 threads on my 2700K at around 40-70% usage per thread. However an i5 is still able to deliver the best price to performance on modern titles.

http://www.pcper.com/reviews/Systems/Quad-Core-Gaming-Hardware-Roundup/BioShock-Infinite-and-Civilization-Beyond-Earth

https://youtu.be/EhaB1dqYv_I?t=1m50s

Times have changed and more developers are able to utilize more than 4 cores. From a personal experience, Dying Light and Fallout 4 are able to utilize all 8 threads on my 2700K at around 40-70% usage per thread. However an i5 is still able to deliver the best price to performance on modern titles.

http://www.pcper.com/reviews/Systems/Quad-Core-Gaming-Hardware-Roundup/BioShock-Infinite-and-Civilization-Beyond-Earth

https://youtu.be/EhaB1dqYv_I?t=1m50s

Games do get more optimized, but in general he won't notice and if his GPU is not high-end, then he would notice even less.

CPU-delided i5-4670k@4.6Ghz 1.42v R.I.P (2013-2015) MOBO-Asus Maximus VI Gene GPU-Gigabyte GTX 970 G1 Gaming@1582Mhz core/3744Mhz memory COOLING-Corsair H60 RAM-1x8Gb Crucial ballistix tactical tracer@2133Mhz 11-12-12-26  DRIVES-Kingston V300 60Gb, OCZ trion 100 120Gb, WD Red 1Tb
2nd  fastest i5 4670k in GPUPI for CPU - 100M

An i5-2500K at 4GHz is about equivalent to the FX-8350 in multi-threaded programs, and much stronger in single-threaded ones. With CPUs on sale today, probably the i5-4690K left at stock settings would be the closest.

Thanks Glenwing for the info, i5-4690K would be the perfect to my needs. Thanks