USED CPU - what to check?

Hello, there's a high chance of me trading my i5 4690k + money for i7-4790k cpu.

I was wondering, which programs should I use to check if the cpu is in a good condition? The potential trader/seller is saying that his i7 is 1 year old and hasn't been overclocked yet since he had no need to do it.

Also, what happens to the CPU if you overclock it and use it for a while, although, it doesn't have a stable overclock? My friend said that the CPU would start to degrade and it wouldn't keep it's speed (in this case 4.0 for non-oc'ed i7) all the time but would have dips.

CPUZ and do a quick benchmark on Cinebench

i7-6700k  Cooling: Deepcool Captain 240EX White GPU: GTX 1080Ti EVGA FTW3 Mobo: AsRock Z170 Extreme4 Case: Phanteks P400s TG Special Black/White PSU: EVGA 850w GQ Ram: 64GB (3200Mhz 16x4 Corsair Vengeance RGB) Storage 1x 1TB Seagate Barracuda 240GBSandisk SSDPlus, 480GB OCZ Trion 150, 1TB Crucial NVMe
(Rest of Specs on Profile)

Even if a part has a 100% stable overclock, it's possible it degrades a lot faster and it's perfectly possible the overclock isn't stable anymore after a while.

I had it with a ram stick, was perfectly stable, but failed after 6 months - 1 year.

Went back to stock and it was fine. It's still going in another system btw and still stable.

And it rarely happens it degrades to a point it can't even run anymore at stock settings.

If you want my attention, quote meh! D: or just stick an @samcool55 in your post :3

Spying on everyone to fight against terrorism is like shooting a mosquito with a cannon

AIDA64 for 10-20 minutes

Echelon Mk 2.11 

Spoiler
  • Processor: Intel Core i5-6500
  • Cooler: Cryorig H7 (With a 120 mm Thermaltake Riing RGB)
  • Motherboard: MSI B150M Bazooka Plus
  • Memory: 16 (2x8) GB DDR4 Kingston HyperX Fury (Black)
  • Video Card: Sapphire NITRO R9 390 (Stock)
  • Storage:  1 TB Western Digital Blue
  • Power Supply: 520 W Seasonic M12II Evo (with custom extensions and cable combs)
  • Casing: NZXT S340 Elite (Matte Black)
  • Fans: 2x 120 mm & 3x 140 mm Thermaltake Riing RGB
  • Display: 22 " LG Flatron L227WTG-PF LCD (OCed to 76 Hz)
  • Keyboard: Logitech K120
  • Mouse: Logitech G402 Hyperion Fury
  • Mousepad: SteelSeries QcK
  • Operating System: Windows 10 Pro (64-bit)