Motherboard Bios Version Confusion

I am wanting to update my bios to the latest version as it is still at the very first bios version. I am wanting to do so as my cpu temp readings are very dodgy and i read here (http://www.pcgamer.com/how-to-overclock-amd-cpu-processor/) that early fm2 motherboard bios versions give inaccurate temperature readings. I am confused though as in this image on the right side of the page it says 'since bios version' and next  to my cpu (athlon 750k) it says f1 which is the first version. Does this mean that my cpu is only compatible with this bios version or can i still update my bios to the latest none beta bios safely? post-87049-0-08131000-1452529947_thumb.p 

Thanks for any help received.

CPU: Intel I5 4690K | GPU: Asus R9 280x | PSU: Evga 600w | RAM:8GB DDR3 | HDD: WD 1TB | HDD: WD 500GB | SSD: Sandisk 120GB 

It means that your CPU has been compatible since F1. Since then, the BIOS may have been updated to include support for newer CPUs, but won't have disabled support for your CPU. 

Much like Z87 boards that got BIOS updates to also work with Haswell-R

It means that your CPU has been compatible since F1. Since then, the BIOS may have been updated to include support for newer CPUs, but won't have disabled support for your CPU. 

Much like Z87 boards that got BIOS updates to also work with Haswell-R

So i am safe to update the bios to the latest? If so do you know of any good tutorials?

CPU: Intel I5 4690K | GPU: Asus R9 280x | PSU: Evga 600w | RAM:8GB DDR3 | HDD: WD 1TB | HDD: WD 500GB | SSD: Sandisk 120GB