[Videocardz.com] More AMD Volcanic Islands Leaks

Videocardz.com has managed to snap a picture at one of the AMD add-in-board partners which revealed some very interesting information.

AMD-9000-series-leak.jpg

• Two GPU variants XT and Pro (this could be either Hawaii or other GPU)
  • Three memory configurations: 8x DDR5, 4x DDR5 and 8x DDR3
  • Maximum memory capacity of 4GB
  • Mid-October launch confirmation
  • The 13xxxxxx labels could potentially mean internal PCB model markings
  • Some PCB models could use both XT and PRO GPUs
  • The XT/PRO+{number1}:{number2} label could mean the overclocking level of the memory and the GPU respectively
  • Apparently one model (probably not the only one) will have two fans, but they need to order them first

Most of this info is either intuitive or has been revealed before, except one thing which is the 4GB of memory, this is quite surprising as we know from previous leaks that the flagship GPU (Hawaii) will have a 384bit buss interface exactly the same as the 7970 , what's interesting however is that unlike the 7970, the 384bit buss on the new Hawaii flagship can address 4GB of memory which suggests a newly designed memory hierarchy architecture for Volcanic Islands.

GDDR5*

"It pays to keep an open mind, but not so open your brain falls out." - Carl Sagan.

"I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you" - Edward I. Koch

Does the "Some PCB models could use both XT and PRO GPUs" mean like a 7950 on a 7970 pcb kinda thing ?

Stock coolers - The sound of bare minimum

Yes.

Should be good because it will reduce the compatibility problems with waterblocks or backplates. with nvidia card you always have to check compatibility, hopefully not with this kind of a setup. 

Should be good because it will reduce the compatibility problems with waterblocks or backplates. with nvidia card you always have to check compatibility, hopefully not with this kind of a setup. 

Yes, plus you can get beefier PCB designs on 9950s which can improve overclocking.

Yes, plus you can get beefier PCB designs on 9950s which can improve overclocking.

Better value of a cheaper card. I like it. After all this talk though probably not going to buy a new gpu :/ I have a motorbike to sell as a backup though. But the new amd cards are looking good this far