Ever wondered how cool your computer would be outside in the Winter?

Nite-Ninja

Well here you go.

Its about -8C with -22C wind chills here in Southern Wisconsin, not the coldest but its certainly not warm. The heater inside my truck has failed and its pleasently chilly in here. Some of you know that I built a computer designed to handle the harshness of the road, while still bolstering high end computer components. I have my rig in my profile for those who don't, and maybe tell my story somewhere on the forum.

If I wasn't under 3 layers of blankets, I'd say this is prime for some super overclocking challenges! Couldn't get much colder without throwing the computer up on the roof, with the panels open to the wind.

Now time to play some Grand Theft Auto 5 to warm things up in here.

post-220250-0-98019600-1452467188.png

post-220250-0-94886500-1452467381.png

Now do it with a 5960X.

Christian 

Use the following style specs in your sig to spread the LTT revolution!

Rig Specs:

Screeninator: Gigabyte GeForce GTX960

Powermathingy: Corsair CX600W

Stickiminator: 2x G.Skill ARES 4GB DDR3-1866

Procrastinator: AMD FX-8350 @4.1GHz 1.3V

Holdametalicizor: DIYPC Gamemax-BK

Noisoundacreator: Cyber Acoustics CA-3072 (loudamagargle) Onn Wireless FM Radio Headset (earamagargle)

Attachamathingy: ASRock 990FX Extreme9

Remembrerthing: Western Digital 1TB Blue, Western Digital 40GB Blue

Flat-Colorful-Thing: Acer K272HL

See-A-Move-O: Logitech Hyperion Fury G402

ButtonBoard: Cooler Master CMSTORM Devastator Blue

Talkamagargle: Blue Snowball Ice

Optimal for a GTX 590 and FX 9590 ey

i7-6700k  Cooling: Deepcool Captain 240EX White GPU: GTX 1080Ti EVGA FTW3 Mobo: AsRock Z170 Extreme4 Case: Phanteks P400s TG Special Black/White PSU: EVGA 850w GQ Ram: 64GB (3200Mhz 16x4 Corsair Vengeance RGB) Storage 1x 1TB Seagate Barracuda 240GBSandisk SSDPlus, 480GB OCZ Trion 150, 1TB Crucial NVMe
(Rest of Specs on Profile)

You have done my dream please kill yourself

edit: wait 1296mhz ram?

Thats that. If you need to get in touch chances are you can find someone that knows me that can get in touch.

You have done my dream please kill yourself

edit: wait 1296mhz ram?

probs 1300MHz but a few settings are off 

a

probs 1300MHz but a few settings are off 

according to his profile: 

16gb KLEVV Genuine 2400mhz (OC to 2933)

Thats that. If you need to get in touch chances are you can find someone that knows me that can get in touch.

a

according to his profile: 

16gb KLEVV Genuine 2400mhz (OC to 2933)

odd, even those numbers don't add up, even if you multiply 1296*2 it doesn't even come close to 2933...

Do we have a liar perhaps?

Only 4 ºC less max

290x at 20c..

I dialed settings back recently when I was working on the CPU overclock because Prime95 kept crashing on RAM tests, haven't bothered to update my profile since then, fixing.

1.43v on the 4970K? Jeez... I'm not comfortable tapping beyond 1.35v. I do have plenty of headroom however even without the heater fail winter outdoor air cooling, maybe I'll try to give it a little more.

Noticed you have the LG Ultrawide, what model is it? Mines the 34UM57 and i get flickers on my screen now and then. do you get them on yours?

My 290X' are connected using DP with freesync on and FRTC set to 75FPS.

Do you have to worry about the AIO cooler freezing? Just curious what they use for fluid in those.

Do you have to worry about the AIO cooler freezing? Just curious what they use for fluid in those.

most of the time its gylcol or some toxic mix in them anything under -10 temps on the fluid the pump probly would fail before the liquid starts to gel up

main rig

Spoiler

corsair 750d | evga 1000w g2 | Gigabyte x99 soc champ | 5820k 4.0GHz | 1tb wd blue | 250gb samsung 840 evo  | Crucial Ballistix Sport XT 16GB 8x2 DDR4-2400 | MSI GTX 970 x2 | monitor Acer B286HK 28" 4K | razor chroma blackwidow  | razor death adder chroma

CENTOS 7 SERVER (PLEX&docker stuff)

Spoiler

NZXT s220 | evga 500w 80+ | AMD FX 8320e | ASUS M5A78L-M/USB3 | 2x8gb non ecc ddr3 WD red 2TBx2 | seagate 160gb microcenter 8gb flashdrive OS

its much easier if you run water cooling as you can hang the rads out the window. 

Rig Specs:

AMD Threadripper 5990WX@4.8Ghz

Asus Zenith III Extreme

Asrock OC Formula 7970XTX Quadfire

G.Skill Ripheartout X OC 7000Mhz C28 DDR5 4X16GB  

Super Flower Power Leadex 2000W Psu's X2

Harrynowl's 775/771 OC and mod guide: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/232325-lga775-core2duo-core2quad-overclocking-guide/ http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/365998-mod-lga771-to-lga775-cpu-modification-tutorial/

ProKoN haswell/DC OC guide: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/41234-intel-haswell-4670k-4770k-overclocking-guide/

"desperate for just a bit more money to watercool, the titan x would be thankful" Carter -2016