Should I replace my H100i?

Go to solution Solved by KE2012,

I had exactly the same thing happen to my H60 and it was absoloutely fine, even after it fully cracked. But if your worried get in touch with Corsair, they might RMA it for you.

When I was installing my new GTX980 yesterday, I noticed what appears to be some cracks in the rubber that keeps the tubing of my H100i in place (or so I think), as in the images below:

post-44096-0-52934500-1452372226_thumb.jpost-44096-0-43872700-1452372238_thumb.j

(The cracks are a bit worse than in the picture, it was in a hard to reach angle for my camera.)

Now I'm wondering whether it would be safe to keep using this cooler. Can anyone give any advice about it? I've been using the H100i for about 3 years I think, without having any issues except for the LED's not working properly.

I also don't know whether it's still covered by the warranty, I'll have to do some research for that. Most of the products in my country are covered for only 2 years though.

Mine has been like that for 3 years and its perfectly fine

The barbs on the inside are what keep the tubing on, and they are EXTREMELY tight

NEW PC build: Blank Heaven   minimalist white and black PC     Old S340 build log "White Heaven"        The "LIGHTCANON" flashlight build log        Project AntiRoll (prototype)        Custom speaker project

Spoiler

Ryzen 3950X | AMD Vega Frontier Edition | ASUS X570 Pro WS | Corsair Vengeance LPX 64GB | NZXT H500 | Seasonic Prime Fanless TX-700 | Custom loop | Coolermaster SK630 White | Logitech MX Master 2S | Samsung 980 Pro 1TB + 970 Pro 512GB | Samsung 58" 4k TV | Scarlett 2i4 | 2x AT2020

if your worrying use duct tape, duct tape would probably keep it together

I spent $2500 on building my PC and all i do with it is play no games atm & watch anime at 1080p(finally) watch YT and write essays...  nothing, it just sits there collecting dust...

Builds:

The Toaster Project! Northern Bee!

The original LAN PC build log! (Old, dead and replaced by The Toaster Project & 5.0)

Spoiler

"Here is some advice that might have gotten lost somewhere along the way in your life. 

#1. Treat others as you would like to be treated.

#2. It's best to keep your mouth shut; and appear to be stupid, rather than open it and remove all doubt.

#3. There is nothing "wrong" with being wrong. Learning from a mistake can be more valuable than not making one in the first place.

Follow these simple rules in life, and I promise you, things magically get easier. " - MageTank 31-10-2016

if your worrying use duct tape, duct tape would probably keep it together

You can also get duct tape/gorilla tape in black.

Like the above users said, it's not going to leak because of those rubber bands cracking.

4790k 4.9GHz @ 1.375v, HD 7970, 850 EVO SSD's, Corsair 750D Airflow Edition, SeaSonic 860w Platinum.

keep an eye on the tubing in that area. mine started getting tiny fractures and started to ooze coolant. had to get rid of it. went back to air. trying to fix it created more problems.

You can also get duct tape/gorilla tape in black.

Like the above users said, it's not going to leak because of those rubber bands cracking.

but you can get awesome duct tape with camo and shit too :D

I spent $2500 on building my PC and all i do with it is play no games atm & watch anime at 1080p(finally) watch YT and write essays...  nothing, it just sits there collecting dust...

Builds:

The Toaster Project! Northern Bee!

The original LAN PC build log! (Old, dead and replaced by The Toaster Project & 5.0)

Spoiler

"Here is some advice that might have gotten lost somewhere along the way in your life. 

#1. Treat others as you would like to be treated.

#2. It's best to keep your mouth shut; and appear to be stupid, rather than open it and remove all doubt.

#3. There is nothing "wrong" with being wrong. Learning from a mistake can be more valuable than not making one in the first place.

Follow these simple rules in life, and I promise you, things magically get easier. " - MageTank 31-10-2016

Wouldn't worry about it. Also, IIRC if they leak corsair will pay for the damage.

"It's a taxi, it has a FARE METER."

Thanks for the help everyone! I'll just inspect the fittings every now and then and keep it like this as long as it doesn't start leaking and my CPU temperatures don't start to suddenly rise. But it's good to hear that it isn't much of a risk.