Hardline Watercool checklist

Specs:

- i5-4690K

- MSI Z97 PCMate

- Sapphire R9 380 Nitro

- FD Define S

I already researched about watercooling, but I'm still confused on what parts to get for a hardline cooling. I don't plan to use a heat gun instead, I'll be using 90-degree compression fittings.

Here's my proposed specs for the loop. I'd like to ask if there's something missing within the specs that I'll be getting.

- CPU block 

- 3/8 ID x 1/2 OD tubes (4-pack will do)

- 20x 3/8 ID x 1/2 OD fittings (Would this fit with the tubings?)

- 240mm 360mm rad

- R-P combo

- <Looking for an Amazon link for an R9 380 block. I need help>

Loop: Res-Pump -> GPU -> CPU -> Rad -> Res-Pump

EDIT 1: 240mm to 360mm rad

EDIT 2: Changing links to Amazon, CPU block to XSPC

Spoiler

why spend all that money tho? youd be bettoff getting better hardware. You need more radiators if you want to OC. Around 240mm per part that you want to overclock. Use EK Configurator to find out if the gpu is compatible

"God created war so that Americans would learn geography"

Loop order doesn't actually matter. If anything it yields a 1 degree difference. But if you want the cleanest loop, imagine going around in a circle with your components.

As for if the fittings would fit in the rad, yes it will as long as you have G 1/4 BSPP threads as that type of thread is pretty standard for almost all watercooling gear.

RIGZ

Spoiler

Starlight (Current): AMD Ryzen 9 3900X 12-core CPU | EVGA GeForce RTX 2080 Ti Black Edition | Gigabyte X570 Aorus Ultra | Full Custom Loop | 32GB (4x8GB) Dominator Platinum SE Blackout #338/500 | 1TB + 2TB M.2 NVMe PCIe 4.0 SSDs, 480GB SATA 2.5" SSD, 8TB 7200 RPM NAS HDD | EVGA NU Audio | Corsair 900D | Corsair AX1200i | Corsair ML120 2-pack 5x + ML140 2-pack

The Storm (Retired): Intel Core i7-5930K | Asus ROG STRIX GeForce GTX 1080 Ti | Asus ROG RAMPAGE V EDITION 10 | EKWB EK-KIT P360 with Hardware Labs Black Ice SR2 Multiport 480 | 32GB (4x8GB) Dominator Platinum SE Blackout #338/500 | 480GB SATA 2.5" SSD + 3TB 5400 RPM NAS HDD + 8TB 7200 RPM NAS HDD | Corsair 900D | Corsair AX1200i + Black/Blue CableMod cables | Corsair ML120 2-pack 2x + NB-BlackSilentPro PL-2 x3

STRONK COOLZ 9000

Spoiler

EK-Quantum Momentum X570 Aorus Master monoblock | EK-FC RTX 2080 + Ti Classic RGB Waterblock and Backplate | EK-XRES 140 D5 PWM Pump/Res Combo | 2x Hardware Labs Black Ice SR2 480 MP and 1x SR2 240 MP | 10X Corsair ML120 PWM fans | A mixture of EK-KIT fittings and EK-Torque STC fittings and adapters | Mayhems 10/13mm clear tubing | Mayhems X1 Eco UV Blue coolant | Bitspower G1/4 Temperature Probe Fitting

DESK TOIS

Spoiler

Glorious Modular Mechanical Keyboard | Glorious Model D Featherweight Mouse | 2x BenQ PD3200Q 32" 1440p IPS displays + BenQ BL3200PT 32" 1440p VA display | Mackie ProFX10v3 USB Mixer + Marantz MPM-1000 Mic | Sennheiser HD 598 SE Headphones | 2x ADAM Audio T5V 5" Powered Studio Monitors + ADAM Audio T10S Powered Studio Subwoofer | Logitech G920 Driving Force Steering Wheel and Pedal Kit + Driving Force Shifter | Logitech C922x 720p 60FPS Webcam | Xbox One Wireless Controller

QUOTES

Spoiler

"So because they didn't give you the results you want, they're biased? You realize that makes you biased, right?" - @App4that

"Brand loyalty/fanboyism is stupid." - Unknown person on these forums

"Assuming kills" - @Moondrelor

"That's not to say that Nvidia is always better, or that AMD isn't worth owning. But the fact remains that this forum is AMD biased." - @App4that

"I'd imagine there's exceptions to this trend - but just going on mine and my acquaintances' purchase history, we've found that budget cards often require you to turn off certain features to get slick performance, even though those technologies are previous gen and should be having a negligible impact" - ace42

"2K" is not 2560 x 1440 

why spend all that money tho? youd be bettoff getting better hardware. You need more radiators if you want to OC. Around 240mm per part that you want to overclock. Use EK Configurator to find out if the gpu is compatible

I dont plan to OC the 380. I want to cool it better than the usual air cooling. Plus, it wouldn't be good if I only hardline the CPU loop

Spoiler

I dont plan to OC the 380. I want to cool it better than the usual air cooling. Plus, it wouldn't be good if I only hardline the CPU loop

What about the cpu?

And why not upgrade current hardware?

Never mind, looks like you got everything to me

Don't do drugs. Do hugs!

make sure you buy fittings and tubing from the same brand

otherwise you will have compatibility issues, even if they are technically the same ID/OD

NEW PC build: Blank Heaven   minimalist white and black PC     Old S340 build log "White Heaven"        The "LIGHTCANON" flashlight build log        Project AntiRoll (prototype)        Custom speaker project

Spoiler

Ryzen 3950X | AMD Vega Frontier Edition | ASUS X570 Pro WS | Corsair Vengeance LPX 64GB | NZXT H500 | Seasonic Prime Fanless TX-700 | Custom loop | Coolermaster SK630 White | Logitech MX Master 2S | Samsung 980 Pro 1TB + 970 Pro 512GB | Samsung 58" 4k TV | Scarlett 2i4 | 2x AT2020

Will do. 4.7 if given the best lottery chip

So you want the equivalent of a 360 rad... if you want to oc well

So you want the equivalent of a 360 rad... if you want to oc well

will change that.

anyways, is there any other site for gpu config? can't seem to find the EK Supremacy at amazon, only gives me CPU blocks

Spoiler

I'd just like to add these 2 things. 1 being a deburring tool for your tubes and the other being an insert that helps you bend without crimping. Both are not needed but will greatly help you. And a heat gun but those are like $20 at your local lowes

http://www.frozencpu.com/products/21932/ex-tub-2299/Hard_Tubing_Internal_and_External_Reamer_Deburring_Tool.html

http://www.frozencpu.com/products/20691/ex-tub-1905/PrimoChilll_38_ID_Rigid_Tube_Silicon_Bending_Insert_-_1_Foot_for_12_OD_Rigid_Acrylic_Tube.html This tool is for your specific tube size you listed above so if you change tubing then change this

Tsubasa (The 7680x1440 beast): CPU: Intel i7 8086k | Cooler: Fully Custom Rigid Loop MOBO: Asus Z370-I ITX | GPU: Nvidia Titan Xp Star Wars | RAM: 32Gb 2x16gb Gskill Trident Z RGB | SSD: Samsung 1TB 970 Evo Nvme, 2TB Micron Sata SSD | Case: Fractal Design Nano S | PSU: Corsair SF600 With Full custom cables  

I'd just like to add these 2 things. 1 being a deburring tool for your tubes and the other being an insert that helps you bend without crimping. Both are not needed but will greatly help you.

http://www.frozencpu.com/products/21932/ex-tub-2299/Hard_Tubing_Internal_and_External_Reamer_Deburring_Tool.html

http://www.frozencpu.com/products/20691/ex-tub-1905/PrimoChilll_38_ID_Rigid_Tube_Silicon_Bending_Insert_-_1_Foot_for_12_OD_Rigid_Acrylic_Tube.html

isnt frozencpu f'ed right now?

I'd just like to add these 2 things. 1 being a deburring tool for your tubes and the other being an insert that helps you bend without crimping. Both are not needed but will greatly help you. And a heat gun but those are like $20 at your local lowes

http://www.frozencpu.com/products/20691/ex-tub-1905/PrimoChilll_38_ID_Rigid_Tube_Silicon_Bending_Insert_-_1_Foot_for_12_OD_Rigid_Acrylic_Tube.html

I don't plan to use heat gun, i will be going with tons of right angle fittings for that

Spoiler

isnt frozencpu f'ed right now?

exactly, those are just reference links. I'll be buying off Amazon

Spoiler

I don't plan to use heat gun, i will be going with tons of right angle fittings for that

well thats 1 way to do it lol.

Tsubasa (The 7680x1440 beast): CPU: Intel i7 8086k | Cooler: Fully Custom Rigid Loop MOBO: Asus Z370-I ITX | GPU: Nvidia Titan Xp Star Wars | RAM: 32Gb 2x16gb Gskill Trident Z RGB | SSD: Samsung 1TB 970 Evo Nvme, 2TB Micron Sata SSD | Case: Fractal Design Nano S | PSU: Corsair SF600 With Full custom cables  

90s are hell on flow. When I was replacing my furnace which is vented with 3" PVC, each 90 in the vent line reduced the max allowable pipe length by over a foot, and those are sweep 90s that you find in plumbing, not a right angle fitting.

You can do it, just make sure you have enough pump to drive it.