2 pumps (corsair h100i gtx) from 1 cpu_fan header?

Hey guys, can i run 2 corsair h100i gtx's from just 1 cpu_fan header using a Y-splitter?

I ask because i am very unsure of how much wattage or whatever the corsair h100i's pull as they are not directly connected to the psu anymore, they get their power from the motherboard unless you connect the pump to the psu ofcourse.

I will be using the following motherboard: Asus ROG Maximus VIII Impact Mini-ITX

The manual indicates the motherboards CPU-Fan Header can handle up to a maximum of 1A or 12W.

I am using 2 aio's for cooling cpu + gpu.

One of my h100i gtx will be doing a push/pull config meaning 4 fans.

The other h100i gtx will be using 2 fans.

So 2 x corsair h100i gtx's + 6 fans total.

1) If the answer to the above is "NO", what are my options?

2) Is it true that if you connect a corsair AIO liquid pump to a psu directly it'll run on 100% sped 24/7 compared to attaching it to a cpu_fan header?

3) Can i connect the other pump to a chassis fan header?  (I don't know if this is safe to do so/recommended or not exactly).

Your advice would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks!

Wait... 2 240mm AIO's in a MITX case? You can run the pump's PWM with the header, just make sure to use SATA power for the units.

Hey guys, can i run 2 corsair h100i gtx's from just 1 cpu_fan header using a Y-splitter?

I ask because i am very unsure of how much wattage or whatever the corsair h100i's pull as they are not directly connected to the psu anymore, they get their power from the motherboard unless you connect the pump to the psu ofcourse.

I will be using the following motherboard: Asus ROG Maximus VIII Impact Mini-ITX

The manual indicates the motherboards CPU-Fan Header can handle up to a maximum of 1A or 12W.

I am using 2 aio's for cooling cpu + gpu.

One of my h100i gtx will be doing a push/pull config meaning 4 fans.

The other h100i gtx will be using 2 fans.

So 2 x corsair h100i gtx's + 6 fans total.

1) If the answer to the above is "NO", what are my options?

2) Is it true that if you connect a corsair AIO liquid pump to a psu directly it'll run on 100% sped 24/7 compared to attaching it to a cpu_fan header?

3) Can i connect the other pump to a chassis fan header?  (I don't know if this is safe to do so/recommended or not exactly).

Your advice would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks!

You could use an adapter from either SATA or Molex.

COMPUTER: Mobile Battlestation  |  CPU: INTEL I7-8700k |  Motherboard: Asus z370-i Strix Gaming  | GPU: EVGA GTX 1080 FTW ACX 3.0 | Cooler: Scythe Big Shuriken 2 Rev. b |  PSU: Corsair SF600 | HDD: Samsung 860 evo 1tb

You could use an adapter from either SATA or Molex.

Sorry, i don't really understand what you mean.

The corsair h100i gtx connects the pump & the fans all with just one 3-pin connection.

Wait... 2 240mm AIO's in a MITX case? You can run the pump's PWM with the header, just make sure to use SATA power for the units.

How? the corsair h100i gtx's power & it's fans are all powered through just one 3-pin connector which goes to the cpu_fan header

Sorry, i don't really understand what you mean.

The corsair h100i gtx connects the pump & the fans all with just one 3-pin connection.

Sorry for the confusion. I thought you had two connections and you were asking if you could get a y-splitter to run it. I wouldn't if that was the case, but if they combined it, it must work.

COMPUTER: Mobile Battlestation  |  CPU: INTEL I7-8700k |  Motherboard: Asus z370-i Strix Gaming  | GPU: EVGA GTX 1080 FTW ACX 3.0 | Cooler: Scythe Big Shuriken 2 Rev. b |  PSU: Corsair SF600 | HDD: Samsung 860 evo 1tb

How? the corsair h100i gtx's power & it's fans are all powered through just one 3-pin connector which goes to the cpu_fan header

The H100i uses SATA, I simply assumed that the GTX uses the same power method.

The H100i uses SATA, I simply assumed that the GTX uses the same power method.

Sadly it doesn't

Sadly it doesn't

OP could get two clearance H100i's...

OP could get two clearance H100i's...

From where? I live in Canada.

From where? I live in Canada.

They're discontinued so maybe some retailers such as Newegg or NCIX are trying to liquidate their last stocks.

They're discontinued so maybe some retailers such as Newegg or NCIX are trying to liquidate their last stocks.

Tried, can't find any.

Found this though:  http://imagescl.cyberguys.com/images/prod_images/p3317a.jpg

But again, it would make the pump run on full speed 24/7 using a molex instead of plugging the h100i gtx into the motherboard.

That raises the question:  Are pump speeds really controlled? or do they always run at 100% speed? because if they could be/were controlled then wouldn't the h100i gtx have a 4-pin instead of a 3-pin connection to the motherboard? 

Tried, can't find any.

Found this though:  http://imagescl.cyberguys.com/images/prod_images/p3317a.jpg

But again, it would make the pump run on full speed 24/7 using a molex instead of plugging the h100i gtx into the motherboard.

That raises the question:  Are pump speeds really controlled? or do they always run at 100% speed? because if they could be/were controlled then wouldn't the h100i gtx have a 4-pin instead of a 3-pin connection to the motherboard? 

Eh they are usually 100%, some go lower but it's not like it will change with temps, it's simply circulating the water at a constant rate

Eh they are usually 100%, some go lower but it's not like it will change with temps, it's simply circulating the water at a constant rate

Aren't pump's at 100% loud as hell?

Aren't pump's at 100% loud as hell?

My H100i makes a terrible whining noise that is causing me to replace it with a Dark Rock Pro 3 soon.

My H100i makes a terrible whining noise that is causing me to replace it with a Dark Rock Pro 3 soon.

That sucks!

That sucks!

If I were you I'd just get an air cooler and a GPU with a built in AIO.

They're made to be run 100%. I always connect my AIO to molex because the pumps aren't very strong, running them lower is not recommended.

CPU: Intel i7 4770k 4.3ghz MOBO: Asus Z87 Sabertooth RAM: 2x8GB RipJaws 1866mhz GPU: 2x GTX780ti SLI 1.2ghz SSD: 960GB 2x Intel 730 RAID0 CASE: Fractal Design Define S COOLING: Custom EK watercooling loop