60 fps @1080p for next 5 years

Hi guys, this is my first post in the forum. This is the build i am going for

CPU                       : Intel Core i7-6700 3.4GHz Quad-Core Processor  ($352.98 @ Newegg) 
CPU Cooler             : Cooler Master Hyper 212X 82.9 CFM CPU Cooler 
Thermal Compound  : Arctic Silver 5 High-Density Polysynthetic Silver 3.5g Thermal Paste  ($4.59 @ Amazon) 
Motherboard            : MSI B150A Gaming Pro ATX LGA1151 Motherboard  ($119.99 @ Amazon) 
Memory                   : G.Skill Ripjaws V Series 16GB (2 x 8GB) DDR4-2400 Memory  ($98.96 @ Amazon) 
Storage                   : Corsair Force LS 240GB 2.5" Solid State Drive 
Video Card              : Asus Radeon R9 390 8GB Video Card  ($314.99 @ Micro Center) 
Power Supply          : Corsair CX 600W 80+ Bronze Certified Semi-Modular ATX Power Supply  ($65.98 @ Newegg) 
Case Fan                : Cooler Master SickleFlow 69.7 CFM 120mm  Fan  ($5.99 @ Micro Center) x8
Monitor                   : ASUS VX229H ($269.95)
Total                       : $1275.36
Generated by PCPartPicker 2016-01-08 13:38 EST-0500
But I am having a hard time deciding to get an r9 390x by paying 10 grand more or just keep the 390. And I will be using a custom built case and storage drive from my current build. Also should i get an unlocked processor as it will cost around 2.5k in my country. also suggest me similar or better builds within the budget.
Thank you

Go for an XFX PSU

Don't start a post without pc specs.

Drop the ASUS card and opt for an XFX, Sapphire, PowerColor, or MSI one.

I'd go Haswell since you're keeping the build for so long. Upgrading won't be a possibility five years from now for Haswell or Skylake.

Intel Core i7-6700K | Corsair H105 | Asus Z170I PRO GAMING | G.Skill TridentZ Series 16GB | 950 PRO 512GB M.2

Asus GeForce GTX 980 Ti 6GB STRIX OC | BitFenix Prodigy (Black/Red) | XFX PRO Black Edition 850W

My BuildPCPartPicker | CoC

Go for an XFX PSU

Or almost any other PSU.

XFX isn't the only company on the planet that makes PSUs.

What's the problem with the old DCU2 cooler?

Edit: Oh he wants to use the DCU3 Strix. But still I don't see a problem.

Edited by Senzelian

Or almost any other PSU.

XFX isn't the only company on the planet that makes PSUs.

What's the problem with the old DCU2 cooler?

Edit: Oh he wants to use the DCU3 Strix. But still I don't see a problem.

Lol, any will do yeah

I'd go Haswell since you're keeping the build for so long. Upgrading won't be a possibility five years from now for Haswell or Skylake.

but ddr4 most likely will be. as well as higher value DDR4 sticks on the cheaper side as i'm pretty sure he's gonna be adding ram in those 5 years.

skylake's IPC is something worth considering as well.

aside from that the usual stuff: asus isnt known for the greatest amd gpus, that cx most likely isnt gonna make it 5 years easily, you have WAAAAAY too many fans, a few of your parts dont have pricing on them.

Get a 4790k, Get a Z97 board, Get high-speed DDR3 instead of DDR4, switch out that PSU for a 650w EVGA G2 or an XFX, Get the Sapphire or MSI R9 390 instead of the ASUS, that's my biggest recommendations.

"If you ain't first, you're last"

but ddr4 most likely will be. as well as higher value DDR4 sticks on the cheaper side as i'm pretty sure he's gonna be adding ram in those 5 years.

skylake's IPC is something worth considering as well.

The actual performance gap between a 4790k and 6700k is very small, so small that i can't currently justify the $100+ premium over Haswell.

How so?? Skylake is the newest chipset, Haswell is dying, Haswell E will be replaced at the end of this year with Skylake E, if planning for 5 years, 1151 is the way to go

Ryzen Ram Guide

My Project Logs   Iced Blood    Temporal Snow    Temporal Snow Ryzen Refresh

CPU - Ryzen 1700 @ 4Ghz  Motherboard - Gigabyte AX370 Aorus Gaming 5   Ram - 16Gb GSkill Trident Z RGB 3200  GPU - Palit 1080GTX Gamerock Premium  Storage - Samsung XP941 256GB, Crucial MX300 525GB, Seagate Barracuda 1TB   PSU - Fractal Design Newton R3 1000W  Case - INWIN 303 White Display - Asus PG278Q Gsync 144hz 1440P

How so?? Skylake is the newest chipset, Haswell is dying, Haswell E will be replaced at the end of this year with Skylake E, if planning for 5 years, 1151 is the way to go

There are upgrade paths for Skylake now, but in five years? Nope. It'll be a whole new set of sockets.

Intel Core i7-6700K | Corsair H105 | Asus Z170I PRO GAMING | G.Skill TridentZ Series 16GB | 950 PRO 512GB M.2

Asus GeForce GTX 980 Ti 6GB STRIX OC | BitFenix Prodigy (Black/Red) | XFX PRO Black Edition 850W

The actual performance gap between a 4790k and 6700k is very small, so small that i can't currently justify the $100+ premium over Haswell.

well, i didnt expect the usa stores to still be that stupid on prices...

here the difference is around €50, and i'd honestly just do it to have the latest platform to head into 5 years of no change.

There are upgrade paths for Skylake now, but in five years? Nope. It'll be a whole new set of sockets.

At least if he goes Skylake now it will have a chance of grabbing a newer processor down the line and the ram will be usable in a new build on a newer socket, going haswell now for anything other than budget reasons is just plain stupid

Ryzen Ram Guide

CPU - Ryzen 1700 @ 4Ghz  Motherboard - Gigabyte AX370 Aorus Gaming 5   Ram - 16Gb GSkill Trident Z RGB 3200  GPU - Palit 1080GTX Gamerock Premium  Storage - Samsung XP941 256GB, Crucial MX300 525GB, Seagate Barracuda 1TB   PSU - Fractal Design Newton R3 1000W  Case - INWIN 303 White Display - Asus PG278Q Gsync 144hz 1440P

Question is will he need to change cpu in 5 years.

Question is will he need to change cpu in 5 years.

Probably.

Im not sure a 390 would offer 60fps in games in 5 years aswell without some major settings being dropped. I reckon it is possible to get a processor to last 5 years 2500k is already 5 years old (just) and the 3770k is coming up for its 4th later this year, it is certainly possible to get a proc to last 5 years, it just depends on the jumps between now and then

Ryzen Ram Guide

Go for an XFX PSU

sadly xfx is not an option in my country. only reputable psu brands that are available is seasonic,cm,tt and corsair

to get a 6700k ill need to pay a premium of ~30 $ not hundred

Get the Sapphire or MSI R9 390 instead of the ASUS, that's my biggest recommendations.

how about gigabyte one?

i'm pretty sure he's gonna be adding ram in those 5 years.

aside from that the usual stuff: asus isnt known for the greatest amd gpus, that cx most likely isnt gonna make it 5 years easily, you have WAAAAAY too many fans,a few of your parts dont have pricing on them.

you are right about adding ram over the years. and maybe ill get a gigabyte or sapphire gpu. hell  i may even defect to team green. that cx will be replaced by the end of the year. and the fans well they are being re used from my current build. 

two of them dont have pricing cooler and ssd . well they will cost around 140$ total 100 for ssd and 40 for cooler

sadly xfx is not an option in my country. only reputable psu brands that are available is seasonic,cm,tt and corsair

to get a 6700k ill need to pay a premium of ~30 $ not hundred

In that case, get the 6700/k

how about gigabyte one?

No, especially not a Gigabyte R9 390.

Probably the worst 390, sadly.

But i mean it's your money, so do what you want.

No, especially not a Gigabyte R9 390.

Probably the worst 390, sadly.

well its ill go for a sapphire one then. msi one is not available here

Go seasonic then

Go seasonic then

so for which one i should go? This or the Other one?

fyi both have a same price tag here. 

Get a Z170 MoBo

Any PSU that is not CX or any other chinese brand. I reccomend Thermaltake, XFX or if you like Corsair than RM series

Athlon X2 for only 27.31$   Best part lists at different price points   Windows 1.01 running natively on an Eee PC

My rig:

Spoiler

Celeronator (new main rig)

CPU: Intel Celeron (duh) N2840 2.16GHz Dual Core

RAM: 4GB DDR3 1333MHz

HDD: Seagate 500GB

GPU: Intel HD Graphics 3000 Series

Spoiler

Frankenhertz (ex main rig)

CPU: Intel Atom N2600 1.6GHz Dual Core

RAM: 1GB DDR3-800

HDD: HGST 320GB

GPU: Intel Graphics Media Accelerator (GMA) 3600

Get a Z170 MoBo

Any PSU that is not CX or any other chinese brand. I reccomend Thermaltake, XFX or if you like Corsair than RM series

if i can shell out some extra money or get a loan i will. and no i really dont have brand preference in any gadgets that i use. always going for the best bang for my buck.