CX750M coil whine?

orangecat

I am going to be picking this unit up on Thursday and i just looked on YouTube and the first few videos where about some serious coil whine. I then looked online and it turns out a bunch of people have this problem. i don't know if Corsair has fixed this issue yet but I need to know if its still an issue. I really like this unit it seems very nice and really powerful but that coil whine is not something I could handle. My current system has some coil whine but its near inaudible unless you stick your ear in the case but the CX750M seems to be very loud. If for some reason you can recommend me a PSU for 100$ or less that can do about 60 amps on the +12 that would be great. i would also like to know about that coil whine issue and if it was fixed or not.

Thanks in advance.

Coil whine can happen to any psu. 

I haven't heard of any fixes yet.

If you ever need help with a build, read the following before posting: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/3061-build-plan-thread-recommendations-please-read-before-posting/
Also, make sure to quote a post or tag a member when replying or else they won't get a notification that you replied to them.

Can confirm there has been coil whine on every CX PSU I've ever encountered.  It's why I don't recommend them.  If you're going 750W I assume you want to put two GPUs on it... which I would not do on a lower-grade power supply like the CX series.

Can confirm there has been coil whine on every CX PSU I've ever encountered.  It's why I don't recommend them.  If you're going 750W I assume you want to put two GPUs on it... which I would not do on a lower-grade power supply like the CX series.

So its a very real problem... well that sucks.

CX is the bottom of the bottom tier , don't expect anything good ( well it is kinda stable but that's it )

Interested in Business and Technology

CX is the bottom of the bottom tier , don't expect anything good ( well it is kinda stable but that's it )

Any recommendations? I need tons of +12 power and my budget is 100$ or less but I don't want to skimp on quality.

I own the cx750m and it handles my overclocked i5 and 7950 just fine, the only time I can hear coil whine is when I scroll and that is when there is no other noise going on, like if I have my headphones plugged in or listening to music at any volume I can't hear it.

My friend's CX650 exploded; he got a cheap logisys that works just fine.

System Specs - CPU: i7 4770K - RAM: 8GB(2x4GB) Vengeance Pro - Motherboard: Maximus VI Gene - Case: Modded PowerMac G5 - CPU Cooler: H100i - PSU: AX860i - SSD: Samsung 840 Series 120GB and Kingston V300 120GB - HDD: Seagate Barracuda 1TB - Graphics Card: 2x GTX 780 - Case Fans: SP120s and Spectre 140s - Headphones: HD700, Alpha Dog, SE215

Sony A7R w/ Zeiss 55mm F1.8

My friend's CX650 exploded; he got a cheap logisys that works just fine.

I have an older RaidMax one that is near dead and I need to get rid of it before my damn house catches fire.

I have an older RaidMax one that is near dead and I need to get rid of it before my damn house catches fire.

I heard HX was good. 

Andres "Bluejay" Alejandro Montefusco - The Forums Favorite Bird!!!

Top Clock: 7.889 Ghz Cooled by: Liquid Helium   

#ChocolateRAM #OatmealFans #ScratchItHarder #WorstcardBestoverclocker #CrazySexStories #SchnitzelQuest TS3 SERVER

Coolermaster V Series , 80+ Gold , Silent , no coilwhine whatsoever , expandability get the V700 it's like 105 dollars

Interested in Business and Technology

Coolermaster V Series , 80+ Gold , Silent , no coilwhine whatsoever , expandability get the V700 it's like 105 dollars

It's developed by Seasonic which is a plus!

Andres "Bluejay" Alejandro Montefusco - The Forums Favorite Bird!!!

Top Clock: 7.889 Ghz Cooled by: Liquid Helium   

#ChocolateRAM #OatmealFans #ScratchItHarder #WorstcardBestoverclocker #CrazySexStories #SchnitzelQuest TS3 SERVER

I'm running a CX750 this very moment as my AX860i is in RMA, and I have no problems what so ever with it. No whining at all. Remember coil whine can happen to any PSU / in general any component, although some are more prone to it than other. For one thing I don't know of a single 1st gen AX1200 that doesn't coil whine like crazy (including my own).

I'm running a CX750 this very moment as my AX860i is in RMA, and I have no problems what so ever with it. No whining at all. Remember coil whine can happen to any PSU / in general any component, although some are more prone to it than other. For one thing I don't know of a single 1st gen AX1200 that doesn't coil whine like crazy (including my own).

I know any PSU can coil whine and stuff but it seems to be a real issue for CX750M users.

I know any PSU can coil whine and stuff but it seems to be a real issue for CX750M users.

Oh, I'm running the non-modular version.

Oh, I'm running the non-modular version.

I see but I don't think that makes a difference all that is really changed is the wires have a connection in the middle.

Any recommendations? I need tons of +12 power and my budget is 100$ or less but I don't want to skimp on quality.

What are you powering?

If you ever need help with a build, read the following before posting: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/3061-build-plan-thread-recommendations-please-read-before-posting/
Also, make sure to quote a post or tag a member when replying or else they won't get a notification that you replied to them.

I herd the V series is actually platinum grade but market as gold because its hardly platinum.

What are you powering?

Just a 3570K and a GTX 460 but Im using about 30 amps and i want the ability to upgrade to a higher end GPU in the future and do some serious overclocking but right now im very limited. Either way i want as much amps as I can get.

I see but I don't think that makes a difference all that is really changed is the wires have a connection in the middle.

They may very well be. Their higher end PSU's like my AX860i which should supposedly be a Flextronics design, while others in the range are Seasonics etc etc.

They may very well be. Their higher end PSU's like my AX860i which should supposedly be a Flextronics design, while others in the range are Seasonics etc etc.

Isn't seasonic good? thats what i hear.