Anyone have the Acer XF270HU or ASUS MG279Q?

Jedicake

It's come down to these two, and I'm indecisive on which one to get. I'm sure they're not much different for IPS visuals, so I suppose I should ask what the level of backlight bleed or glow you have on yours.

Enthoo Primo - ASUS Maximus Formula VII - 4790k 4.8ghz 1.28v - EK Supremacy Evo Clean - 16GB Crucial Ballistix Tactical - 1000w EVGA Supernova Gold - 2x Alphacool Monsta Rads in push/pull - 2x Galaxy 780 HoF with EK waterblock

Build Log http://imgur.com/a/UV6Wh Just want to warn everyone, my build log is pretty mediocre.

I have the Gsync variant of the Acer one. XB270HU. Very pleased with it, have no issues with noticeable backlight bleed or glow. Generally quite even.

Case: Meatbag, humanoid - APU: Human Brain version 1.53 (stock clock) - Storage: 100TB SND (Squishy Neuron Drive) - PSU: a combined 500W of Mitochondrial cells - Optical Drives: 2 Oculi, with corrective lenses.

I have the Gsync variant of the Acer one. XB270HU. Very pleased with it, have no issues with noticeable backlight bleed or glow. Generally quite even.

Was actually leaning towards the Acer. I've bought plenty of ASUS hardware in the past, but some reason I keep hearing anecdotes of people with really bad bleed or glow. Very poor quality control.

Enthoo Primo - ASUS Maximus Formula VII - 4790k 4.8ghz 1.28v - EK Supremacy Evo Clean - 16GB Crucial Ballistix Tactical - 1000w EVGA Supernova Gold - 2x Alphacool Monsta Rads in push/pull - 2x Galaxy 780 HoF with EK waterblock

Build Log http://imgur.com/a/UV6Wh Just want to warn everyone, my build log is pretty mediocre.

You need the xb270hu not xf270hu. I use the xb270hu and its a damn good Monitor.

CPU i7 6700k MB  MSI Z170A Pro Carbon GPU Zotac GTX980Ti amp!extreme RAM 16GB DDR4 Corsair Vengeance 3k CASE Corsair 760T PSU Corsair RM750i MOUSE Logitech G9x KB Logitech G910 HS Sennheiser GSP 500 SC Asus Xonar 7.1 MONITOR Acer Predator xb270hu Storage 1x1TB + 2x500GB Samsung 7200U/m - 2x500GB SSD Samsung 850EVO

You need the xb270hu not xf270hu. I use the xb270hu and its a damn good Monitor.

Well if he has an AMD card he really should NOT buy a Gsync monitor.

Case: Meatbag, humanoid - APU: Human Brain version 1.53 (stock clock) - Storage: 100TB SND (Squishy Neuron Drive) - PSU: a combined 500W of Mitochondrial cells - Optical Drives: 2 Oculi, with corrective lenses.

Well if he has an AMD card he really should NOT buy a Gsync monitor.

His sig say Nvidia.

CPU i7 6700k MB  MSI Z170A Pro Carbon GPU Zotac GTX980Ti amp!extreme RAM 16GB DDR4 Corsair Vengeance 3k CASE Corsair 760T PSU Corsair RM750i MOUSE Logitech G9x KB Logitech G910 HS Sennheiser GSP 500 SC Asus Xonar 7.1 MONITOR Acer Predator xb270hu Storage 1x1TB + 2x500GB Samsung 7200U/m - 2x500GB SSD Samsung 850EVO

His sig say Nvidia.

So it does :P

@Praesi @SirRoderick

Appreciate you looking out for me. Few months I'm also going to upgrade to an R9 Fury. Think I'm done with nvidia for a while.

@Praesi @SirRoderick

Appreciate you looking out for me. Few months I'm also going to upgrade to an R9 Fury. Think I'm done with nvidia for a while.

Weird choice. You should wait with a Display till you know what you want. Possible new GPUs are available than.