I7 6700k +asus b150 pro gaming overclock

Hello! I try to overclock my i7 6700k on asus b150 pro gaming mobo but after i set the multiplier to 45 for example and voltage to either 1,25 or 1,325 even with turbo mode off cpuz shows a maximum of 4000mhz with (8-45) near. I've tried to run firestrike and also the max cpu frec was 4ghz not 4,5 as intended. Please if you have any advice, maybe the mobo is not good but it offers oc options same as the z170 models.

The problem is that you have a B150 mobo, not a Z170. It's not going to overclock regardless of what OC options it has.

'Fanboyism is stupid' - someone on this forum.

Be nice to each other boys and girls. And don't cheap out on a power supply.

Spoiler

CPU: Intel Core i7 4790K - 4.5 GHz | Motherboard: ASUS MAXIMUS VII HERO | RAM: 32GB Corsair Vengeance Pro DDR3 | SSD: Samsung 850 EVO - 500GB | GPU: MSI GTX 980 Ti Gaming 6GB | PSU: EVGA SuperNOVA 650 G2 | Case: NZXT Phantom 530 | Cooling: CRYORIG R1 Ultimate | Monitor: ASUS ROG Swift PG279Q | Peripherals: Corsair Vengeance K70 and Razer DeathAdder

I do indeed have a z170 + 6700K combo so I might be able to help, in cpu-z keep it running and do some aida-64 or ROG realbench stress tests and see if the core speed changes. Are you looking at the "Specification" Bar in CPU-z?

You should look at the "Clocks (Core #0)" Bar instead, you should see your core speed jumping around until you start a game or overclock, then it would ramp up to your overclocked frequencies for example mine jumps up to 4500Mhz as I specified.

Hope this helps.

EDIT: If what HKZeroFive says is true then "It's not going to overclock regardless."

Sorry mate

Spoiler

CPU: i7-6700K 4.7GHz GPU: GTX 980 STRIX 1337MHz CPU Cooler: H110i GTX AIO |

Motherboard: Asus Z170-AR | Case: NZXT H440 White PSU: CS750W |

PCPartPicker Link: http://au.pcpartpicker.com/p/43BkVn 

If so is asus z170 p d3 model going to handle overclock? I can still change my mobo and i want to keep ddr3 ram modules because ddr4 isn't worth money yet