It's Finished!

byalexandr

Edit:

Hey guys! Just an update!

I got a gold medal for my piece! Not the Best of Show piece, but right behind. Thanks for all of the complements and kind words  :)

Just gotta fill out some paperwork and my piece can move on to the auction (where I hope it will sell).

I just wanted to share my completed entry to the Houston Livestock Show and Rodeo. It's for school, as you can probably tell. Let me know what you think, feel free to ask any questions!

Time it took: Honestly couldn't tell you, but well over the course of a couple months (an hour or more a day).

Media: 100% PrismaColor Premier Colored Pencils (nothing else)

Original Photo:

Excuse the blurry photo...

post-2597-0-01967000-1452222061_thumb.jp

My Art Piece:

post-2597-0-95051600-1452222093_thumb.jp

This was my first time using PrismaColor Premier pencils for artwork, and my first year in Art class. Compliments and constructive criticism are always welcome! Thanks!

dude... before I read down I thought the pic was an old photo. Nicely done!

edit: from one artist to another, I think youve really mastered your medium.

Don't do drugs. Do hugs!

dude... before I read down I thought the pic was an old photo. Nicely done!

Haha thanks!

The goal is usually to be photorealistic, I aimed for what I could while adding some touches.

You...you..drew that? Holy shit that's insane.

Intel Core i7-5820K (4.4 GHz) | Gigabyte GTX 970 G1 Gaming | Corsair Vengeance LPX 16GB  | 2x 360mm Custom Loop (Noctua iPPC) | ASRock X99 Extreme6 | Samsung 840 EVO 250GB | Fractal Design Define S | Corsair HX750 | Windows 10 | Corsair M65 RGB PRO | Corsair K70 RGB LUX (CherryMX Brown) | Beyerdynamic Custom One Pro & Creative Sound Blaster Z | Nexus 6P (32GB Aluminium) | Check out my setup: Project Kalte Here!

W

Thats that. If you need to get in touch chances are you can find someone that knows me that can get in touch.

W

Oh whoops, ignore that, I was picking out colors...

You...you..drew that? Holy shit that's insane.

:)

xD awesome work, but derpy horse legs tho.

Derpy? I don't seem to get it lol...

the horse looks amazing tbh

~New~  BoomBerryPi project !  ~New~

new build log : http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/533392-build-log-the-scrap-simulator-x/?p=7078757 (5 screen flight sim for 620$ CAD)LTT Web Challenge is back ! go here  :  http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/448184-ltt-web-challenge-3-v21/#entry601004

Holy shit

Holy shit that's insane

Please

Spare some talent.

Holy shit

Sally: l Intel i5 4690k | | Corsair H55 | | Zalman z12 plus | | Hitachi 2TB HDD | | Samsung 840 Pro 128 GB | | ASRock Fatal1ty z97 Killer | | Corsair Vengeance 16 GB | | EVGA SuperNova 750 watt | | MSI 390 | | Windows 10| 

The shading on the trousers and horse is just so masterfully done. It looks almost impossible to do with pencils. Well done! Lighting effects looks better than a lot of games. Especially the ambient occlusion on the horse and its shadow on the grass.

Current PC: Origin Millennium- i7 5820K @4.0GHz | GTX 980Ti SLI | X99 Deluxe 

Oh whoops, ignore that, I was picking out colors...

:)

Derpy? I don't seem to get it lol...

The rear right leg seems as though the horse lifted it's leg off, but the muscles in fact show the leg being rigid and cramped. :o

But it might just be POV so.

The shading on the trousers and horse is just so masterfully done. It looks almost impossible to do with pencils. Well done! Lighting effects looks better than a lot of games. Especially the ambient occlusion on the horse and its shadow on the grass.

lmao

Thanks for taking a look! I hope my piece moves on to the auction, that would be awesome!

lmao

Thanks for taking a look! I hope my piece moves on to the auction, that would be awesome!

Dude if I had money I'd fuckin bid on that shit

Sally: l Intel i5 4690k | | Corsair H55 | | Zalman z12 plus | | Hitachi 2TB HDD | | Samsung 840 Pro 128 GB | | ASRock Fatal1ty z97 Killer | | Corsair Vengeance 16 GB | | EVGA SuperNova 750 watt | | MSI 390 | | Windows 10| 

The rear right leg seems as though the horse lifted it's leg off, but the muscles in fact show the leg being rigid and cramped. :o

But it might just be POV so.

That's what it's doing, lifting it's leg off of the ground and pulling it forward. Horses have very defined muscle tone, I see a lot of them in real life (I live in Texas) so I just drew what I'd normally see, as well as what the photo tells me.

Sorry if you don't like it... :/

I'll try harder next time, as this was my first time using these kind of colored pencils.

HOLY MOTHER OF HORSE YOU DREW THAT??!!??!?!?!?!

Are you new? Please read CoC  Before posting! PLEASE SELECT 'AUTOMATIC' FOR FONT COLOR FOR US DARK THEME USERS (Only for dark shades)If you can read this, it means you need to change to NIGHT THEME (bottom left above LMG logo) Please follow your threads and Quote people when replying to them. Mark your problem as solved if answered. Don't spam, nobody likes a spammer. DO NOT QUOTE IMAGES! BE NICE!

That's what it's doing, lifting it's leg off of the ground and pulling it forward. Horses have very defined muscle tone, I see a lot of them in real life (I live in Texas) so I just drew what I'd normally see, as well as what the photo tells me.

Sorry if you don't like it... :/

I'll try harder next time, as this was my first time using these kind of colored pencils.

xD no way, i love the colour and realistic shading.

Derpy gives the image flavour too you know :>.

I just wanted to share my completed entry to the Houston Livestock Show and Rodeo. It's for school, as you can probably tell. Let me know what you think, feel free to ask any questions!

Time it took: Honestly couldn't tell you, but well over the course of a couple months (an hour or more a day).

Media: 100% PrismaColor Premier Colored Pencils (nothing else)

Original Photo:

Excuse the blurry photo...

attachicon.gifDSC_1026.JPG

My Art Piece:

attachicon.gifDSC_1025.JPG

This was my first time using PrismaColor Premier pencils for artwork, and my first year in Art class. Compliments and constructive criticism are always welcome! Thanks!

perfect dude. I love it.

TX10 Build Log: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/456229-tx10-build-log/

Case: TX10-D   Proccessor: i7-5820k   MotherBoard: Asrockx99 Extreme4   Ram: Crucial Ballistix Sport 16GB (DDR4-2400)   GPU: Asus Strix OC 980ti   Storage: 850pro 500gb, 850pro 500gb, 850pro 256gb, WD black 16tb total, Silicon Power S60 120GB   PSU: Seasonic snow silent 1050   Monitors: Three of Asus VG248QE 144Hz 24.0"

I like it better than the original photo. Wow.

"Epic Voice, Quality Content"

took you long enough

Kidding, amazing job man! 

to be completely honest, your piece looks much more detailed in the mountains than the original! 

and just in general, yours looks so much more detailed!

HOLY MOTHER OF HORSE YOU DREW THAT??!!??!?!?!?!

Yes xD

Thanks for taking a look :)

xD no way, i love the colour and realistic shading.

Derpy gives the image flavour too you know :>.

:D

perfect dude. I love it.

Thanks, I hope the judges do too  :ph34r:

I like it better than the original photo. Wow.

Thanks a ton!

took you long enough

Kidding, amazing job man! 

to be completely honest, your piece looks much more detailed in the mountains than the original! 

and just in general, yours looks so much more detailed!

Just gotta add an artistic touch to it I guess :)

Beautiful. Great work like this takes time and I can see that you took yours. So well done and I wish you luck in the competition! 

Beautiful. Great work like this takes time and I can see that you took yours. So well done and I wish you luck in the competition! 

Thanks so much!

I appreciate all of the nice comments :)

Wow!

You gonna enter the Fort Worth stock show too?

Nope, just Houston, where I live. I don't think it's eligible for the Fort Worth stock show anyhow :/

Looks very good, my mom was an artist, I remember her using Prismacolor pencils, she seemed to like them. I hope you win an award for it. My mom entered a lot of shows with a lot of different mediums, she got quite a few awards of the years. She was really into gourd art just before she died. 

"Science and technology revolutionize our lives, but memory, tradition and myth frame our response."

Arthur M. Schlesinger