X-Box 360 1080p not working!

Yoo Song Won

I've been trying to get my X-Box 360 to play 1080p HD but the option is grey and unelectable. My X-Box is the first one so doesn't come with a HDMI slot so that's not an option. I'm using an HD AV cable with it turned on to HD but for some reason it still doesn't let me select to change the resolution... Please Help!!!

Because it simply doesnt support the output unless you are using hdmi 

Main PC |CPU - i7-6700k|GPU - R9 290x tri-x 4gb|RAM - 16gb ddr4|MOBO - MSI z170 - A PRO|HDD - WD 1TB/240gb Sandisk |PSU - 700w Raidmax

Laptop |CPU - i7 4720hq|GPU - 960m 2gb|Ram - 8gb 2x4|Model - y50-70 Touch|SSD - 240gb Patriot drive|Display - 1920x1080 IPS touch

I've been trying to get my X-Box 360 to play 1080p HD but the option is grey and unelectable. My X-Box is the first one so doesn't come with a HDMI slot so that's not an option. I'm using an HD AV cable with it turned on to HD but for some reason it still doesn't let me select to change the resolution... Please Help!!!

Just because the cable is an HD cable, it might not support 1080p HD. It might only support up to 720p which is also considered HD.

Just because the cable is an HD cable, it might not support 1080p HD. It might only support up to 720p which is also considered HD.

Is there an HDMI adapter I can buy then?

Component goes up to 1080i.

"It pays to keep an open mind, but not so open your brain falls out." - Carl Sagan.

"I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you" - Edward I. Koch

Is there an HDMI adapter I can buy then?

The adapter only lets you plug it into an hdmi slot, its a different signal 

Main PC |CPU - i7-6700k|GPU - R9 290x tri-x 4gb|RAM - 16gb ddr4|MOBO - MSI z170 - A PRO|HDD - WD 1TB/240gb Sandisk |PSU - 700w Raidmax

Laptop |CPU - i7 4720hq|GPU - 960m 2gb|Ram - 8gb 2x4|Model - y50-70 Touch|SSD - 240gb Patriot drive|Display - 1920x1080 IPS touch

Component goes up to 1080i.

Cool. Did not know that. And 1080i is considered lower than 1080p as far as like a scale would go?

Cool. Did not know that. And 1080i is considered lower than 1080p as far as like a scale would go?

Same resolution. Just displayed differently. Progressive is usually superior to Interlaced, which is what the "i" and "p" stand for, respectively.

"It pays to keep an open mind, but not so open your brain falls out." - Carl Sagan.

"I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you" - Edward I. Koch

Same resolution. Just displayed differently. Progressive is usually superior to Interlaced, which is what the "i" and "p" stand for, respectively.

Right, I knew that P was Progressive and I is Interlaced, but I never really understood the full difference between the 2, I just know that 1080i died off and 1080p stayed around so it must be better for most.

interlacing causes sharper more unnatural edges where progressive is softer and more natural

CPU: Intel Core i7 Extreme Edition 3960X | Motherboard: Intel DX79SR "Stormville" | RAM: 32GB G.SKILL Ripjaws Z Series DDR3 PC3-12800 (4x 8GB) Quad-Channel | GPU: 2x EVGA GTX 970 FTW 4GB in SLI (I have Many other builds plus 100+ Macs (don't judge me)... Many specs are listed on my profile)

[PC#1] Log: [Link] [PC#2] Log: [Link] F@H stats: [Link]

interlacing causes sharper more unnatural edges where progressive is softer and more natural

Got it. Would you also happen to know what the different modes mean for emulators? Like Sawtooth and weave interlacing and stuff like that?

Got it. Would you also happen to know what the different modes mean for emulators? Like Sawtooth and weave interlacing and stuff like that?

Types of deinterlacing for interlaced games/video so it can be shown on progressive screens, each type of deinterlacing has pros and cons, I don't know a whole lot about it though

CPU: Intel Core i7 Extreme Edition 3960X | Motherboard: Intel DX79SR "Stormville" | RAM: 32GB G.SKILL Ripjaws Z Series DDR3 PC3-12800 (4x 8GB) Quad-Channel | GPU: 2x EVGA GTX 970 FTW 4GB in SLI (I have Many other builds plus 100+ Macs (don't judge me)... Many specs are listed on my profile)

[PC#1] Log: [Link] [PC#2] Log: [Link] F@H stats: [Link]