PS4 running off external HDD

Tiggzyy

right i know this sounds absolutely mental and its meant as more of an experiment than a legitimate solution. Guitar Hero went and nuked my PS4 last week, and i dont get paid till the end of the month so i cant order myself a new internal for it so as i walking home from work earlier, with no tunes because the iPhone 4 battery life is terrible, i found myself pondering the chances of making this work and im really keen to try it, anyone else tried doing anything this daft in regards to the PS4? Hit me up, i want to see if this is even achievable

-wink wink, nudge nudge, linus please try this with luke ty-   

You will have to connect it thru internal SATA connector tho.. Like extension cable or sumting. You'd better get xbox one cos it supports installing gamez on external one.

I need S340. But more Define S'ish

unless you can take the external hard drive out of the housing and put it inside the ps4 then no, otherwise it will be scanned as external drive....I don't quite understand what happened to your PS4...does it not turn on anymore?

Guitar hero froze, well the live band in the background did but the highway was still going fine with the music, then at the end of the song the highway disappeared and i could hear all the generic noise that happens at the end of songs but the video still hadnt unfroze and i think it got a bit upset when it tried to play the next song and just wouldnt do anything, wouldnt go to home, my dualshock wouldnt even connect, it was just acting like the PS4 was off and when i turned it back on i got the standard code for hard drive failure, threw the SSD into my pc and nada  
And with greatest respects my friend, i have the PS4 for casual gaming on fifa and guitar hero and also to comfortably watch netflix/youtube in bed with my girlfriend, adding an xbox one which would require me to pay £40 a year for a terrible service companied with a shocking console isnt in my interests ;)