Are voltage OK if PC doesn't blue screen?

Hi!

I have overclocked my i5 750 to 3.2Ghz

Have been running it for at day now without any blue screen.

Does that mean the voltage doesn't have to be changed and everything is good?

yeah, if you get no system instabilities then you're fine.

Early 2020 Build : Intel i7 8700k // MSI Krait Z370 // Corsair LPX 8x2 16GB // Aorus 5700 XT // NZXT H500 

Early 2019 Build : Ryzen 2600X // Asus Tuff X470 // G.Skill Trident Z RGB 8x2 16GB // MSI RTX 2070 // NZXT H500 

Late 2017 Build : Intel i7 8700k // Asus Prime Z370-A // G.Skill Trident Z 8x2 16GB // EVGA GTX 1080 Ti  // NZXT S320 Elite 

Late 2015 Build : Intel i7 6700k // Asus Maximus VI Gene Z170 //  Corsair LPX 8x2 16GB // Gigabyte GTX 970 // Corsair Air 240

Run a stress test to see if your OC is stable

Edited by Godlygamer23
Clean up

Hi!

I have overclocked my i5 750 to 3.2Ghz

Have been running it for at day now without any blue screen.

Does that mean the voltage doesn't have to be changed and everything is good?

3.2 GHz is the i5-750's max turboboost frequency at stock, so that's a very modest overclock. It's probable that it requires no added voltage to remain at 3.2 GHz 24/7. I used and overclocked an i5-750 for several years, and I don't think mine needed any added voltage until about 3.4–3.5 GHz, though obviously every chip is different.

It's entirely possible to go far longer than a day and still get a BSoD eventually, but I personally think it's very unlikely you'll have any trouble at 3.2 GHz. If you do get that bluescreen, you'll know the first thing to try. :)

Run a stress test to see if your OC is stable

I've done a few stresstests already without any errors :)

3.2 GHz is the i5-750's max turboboost frequency at stock, so that's a very modest overclock. It's probable that it requires no added voltage to remain at 3.2 GHz 24/7. I used and overclocked an i5-750 for several years, and I don't think mine needed any added voltage until about 3.4–3.5 GHz, though obviously every chip is different.

It's entirely possible to go far longer than a day and still get a BSoD eventually, but I personally think it's very unlikely you'll have any trouble at 3.2 GHz. If you do get that bluescreen, you'll know the first thing to try. :)

O well maybe that explains it. I am thinking about taking it a bit higher but me temperature is about 45-50 in idle and 60 at full load already with 3.2 and I don't really want more heat :/

I've done a few stresstests already without any errors :)

O well maybe that explains it. I am thinking about taking it a bit higher but me temperature is about 45-50 in idle and 60 at full load already with 3.2 and I don't really want more heat :/

60 under load is also somewhat conservative, assuming that's a stress test temperature, but I can understand that. I tend to aim for 65-ish myself, though up into the 70's should be fine.

60 under load is also somewhat conservative, assuming that's a stress test temperature, but I can understand that. I tend to aim for 65-ish myself, though up into the 70's should be fine.

I mean stresstest yes :)

Is 50C idle OK? Seems a bit high. I just cleaned my computer and changed the paste on my Hyper 212 and got it from 60C idle to 45-50C idle (yes i know i shud have cleaned it 2 years ago)

I mean stresstest yes :)

Is 50C idle OK? Seems a bit high. I just cleaned my computer and changed the paste on my Hyper 212 and got it from 60C idle to 45-50C idle (yes i know i shud have cleaned it 2 years ago)

Oops, I missed that… it's hitting 45–50°C idle, but only going up to 60°C in a stress test? That's a pretty narrow margin. What stress test are you using, and how are you measuring the temperature?

Idle temperatures of 45–50°C aren't a problem in themselves, but normally they would suggest it's going to be quite hot under load.

By the way, I don't think you actually mentioned what your core voltage was. What's the number?

Oops, I missed that… it's hitting 45–50°C idle, but only going up to 60°C in a stress test? That's a pretty narrow margin. What stress test are you using, and how are you measuring the temperature?

Idle temperatures of 45–50°C aren't a problem in themselves, but normally they would suggest it's going to be quite hot under load.

By the way, I don't think you actually mentioned what your core voltage was. What's the number?

I use HeavyLoad to stress the CPU to 100% and let it run for for about 3 min.

I see temps with HWMonitor

Here is pictures of voltage and settings