Issues with X99 MSI SLI Plus & Fans

Hello Guys. I need a bit of help and I hope I am posting in the correct section.

I recently built my new watercooling PC and I am having a little bit of an issue with my pump (EK-XRES 140 Revo D5 PWM) & my fan setup with my motherboard.

Below is a list of my PC parts.

CASE: PHANTEKS Enthoo Primo

MOTHERBOARD: MSI X99A SLI Plus

CPU: Intel Core i7 5820K

RAM : Corsair Vengeance LPX schwarz DIMM Kit 16GB, DDR4-2666

GRAPHIC CARD: Gigabyte GTX 980 Ti G1 Gaming 6 GB

1ST SSD: Samsung SSD 950 Pro 256GB, M.2

2ND SDD: Samsung SSD 850 Evo 500GB, SATA

PSU: EVGA SuperNOVA 1000 P2 Power Supply

My problem is the following:  I currently have all 4 of my PWN fans for my 480 radiator plugged into CPUFAN2 (via a 4-way fan splitter).  This leaves me with CPUFAN1 for my PWN Hub and my D5 pump. I want to have my pump running at 100% and I want control over the speed of my other fans in my system. The problem that I am facing is that I can’t seem to figure out how to do this with my current setup given that both the PWN hub and the D5 Pump needs to be plugged into CPUFAN1. I have tried plugging my Pump and PWM Hub into SYSFAN1 (separately), but it doesn’t appear to do anything (i.e. Fans don’t run).

Does anyone have any tips or suggestions that could help me out?  I think I might be missing something, but I am not sure.

Thanks in advance for the help!!

Just plug your pump into your psu and have it 100% and plug your pwm hub into cpu fan. And make sure your hub is plug in into your psu for the fans to work

Just plug your pump into your psu and have it 100% and plug your pwm hub into cpu fan. And make sure your hub is plug in into your psu for the fans to work

That just doesn't work... it only runs at a very low %  (I think about 10%) when plugged directly into the PSU.

How do you have each of the fan headers configured in BIOS?  Are they on smart mode?  I recently replaced the fans in my case with all PWM fans, and initially some would just not start up, or move just a bit but not fully start spinning.  I had to raise the minimum level at which the fans spin via the hardware monitor in BIOS to allow them to start up as they required too much power to initially start up.

How do you have each of the fan headers configured in BIOS?  Are they on smart mode?  I recently replaced the fans in my case with all PWM fans, and initially some would just not start up, or move just a bit but not fully start spinning.  I had to raise the minimum level at which the fans spin via the hardware monitor in BIOS to allow them to start up as they required too much power to initially start up.

The fans headers are set to default at the moment (smart mode).

CPUFAN1 is for the PHANTEKS Enthoo Primo PWM Fan hub.

CPUFAN2 is for my PWM radiator fans.

Ideally I want to leave the fan setup like this (in regards to fan placement), but I am trying to figure out how to get my pump to operate at 100%, given the circumstances.

(i.e. it is PWM controlled and that plugging it directly to the PSU only provides a fraction of it'S power)

I have the x99s Krait motherboard which I'm pretty sure is just about identical in BIOS setup.  You shouldn't really need to change where the fans/pump are plugged into the motherboard since you can change each header's fan curve individually.  Boot into BIOS and go into Hardware Monitor and, for the fans, just raise the first of the 4 movable points higher than it currently is so that it will default to a higher speed.  This is what fixed it for me as the lower setting wasn't enough to kick the fans into gear.  For the header that the pump is plugged into, you could just move the fan curve to where each of the 4 points are all the way up, which should make it so it will run 100% all the time.

Here's a picture from Anandtech that shows what I'm talking about, I had to move the first green box up to a higher default level to get my fans to work, and for the pump header just move all of them to the top.

MSI%20X99S%20BIOS%2033%20-%20Hardware%20

I have the x99s Krait motherboard which I'm pretty sure is just about identical in BIOS setup.  You shouldn't really need to change where the fans/pump are plugged into the motherboard since you can change each header's fan curve individually.  Boot into BIOS and go into Hardware Monitor and, for the fans, just raise the first of the 4 movable points higher than it currently is so that it will default to a higher speed.  This is what fixed it for me as the lower setting wasn't enough to kick the fans into gear.  For the header that the pump is plugged into, you could just move the fan curve to where each of the 4 points are all the way up, which should make it so it will run 100% all the time.

Here's a picture from Anandtech that shows what I'm talking about, I had to move the first green box up to a higher default level to get my fans to work, and for the pump header just move all of them to the top.

Thanks for the info, but the problem that I have is that I only have 2 CPU fan headers and both are in use. I need to find a way to power the pump at 100% and that is where I am having issues. When I have the pump only being powered by the PSU, it is running at around 60%. 

One soluation that I thought of tonight and which I'll have to test tomorrow is that I can remove the Fans (which are 3-pin) from the PWM hub and use Y-splitters and plug them into the SYSFAN headers on the motherboard (which are 4-pin headers). I have 3 SYSFAN headers so I think I can use 3 Y-spilters for the 5 fans that I have in my system and use the MSI Fan controller software (as you posted) for controlling the system fan speeds and plug the PWM Pump into CPUFAN1.