post your most annoying ebay experiences here

coder-guy22296

The other day I had my listing getting close to the end time and this guy bought the item, but did not pay for it. later, he asked me if it was in working order, to that that I replied yes. he replied "thank you". the next morning I get the following message from him:

"Dear it-guy22296,

I don't want this item no more

- kimmy1800"(ebay)

post your experiences

Energy can not be created nor destroyed, just converted to a different Type of energy.
My blog: T3Krant.blogspot.com

My friend bought pax tickets because he was an Enforcer and was asked to bid a crazy amount with a fake account. They found his email and then he was screwed lol.

Desk: monitors 3x Asus VE248h(eyefinity), Keyboard Cm Strom Trigger(mx red), Mouse Corsair m65, Headset Audio Technica ATH-M50

Black Friday 2013 Build: i7 4770k, Gigabyte Z87X UD5H, 16gb Corsair, Msi R9 290, Corsair Axi 760, Corsair 750D, 2x intel 530 240gb ssd, 2x Seagate 400gb

Older Machine amd x640, msi 760g mobo, 8gb gskillz, Sapphire 6870, Corsair hx650, Cooler master haf 922, ocz agility 3 120gb ssd || HTPC: i7 3770k, shuttle xpc z77, 16gb gskillz, Asus GTX 650 ti, intel 120gb msata ssd

an Enforcer?

Energy can not be created nor destroyed, just converted to a different Type of energy.
My blog: T3Krant.blogspot.com

an Enforcer?

was wondering the same thing..

I am a happy wuffy

Recently I sold a set of RAM but the guy never paid so i re-listed it but when I re-listed it I put a typo in the title and i went to change it. When it changed it ended up listing the item again instead of fixing the old listing. So the RAM sell and I ship it out the next day. A few hours later I get an email that I received payment and to ship the RAM now. So by chance the guy that originally didn't pay bought the RAM in the duped post. So it was a complete shit show and he said refunding his payment to him was illegal, like WTF!@? So basically the 10 message argument ended at me saying " Yes, I fucked up double listing it but you also never paid originally". He tried to blame him not paying on me because his computer died but that didn't work.

My friend bought pax tickets because he was an Enforcer and was asked to bid a crazy amount with a fake account. They found his email and then he was screwed lol.

So your friend was the scammer, or was your friend scammed?

So your friend was the scammer, or was your friend scammed?

Or were you both scammers?

I am a happy wuffy

"lol"...not really, nope.  not that funny.

Bought a dead athlon x2 4400+ back in a day, wasted 70$

AMD FX 8350, ASUS GTX 770 DirectCUII, ASUS SABERTOOTH 990FX R2.0, CORSAIR TX 750, CORSAIR VEANGENCE BLACK 8GB'S 1600Mhz, Hyper 212 evo, Aerocool Strike-X GT, Crucial M4 128GB SSD, Seagate Baracuda 2TB, Asus CrapReader 

I really don't like using eBay anymore. I've stopped using it. Plus eBay is full of scammers and people who sell fake goods, (yes, some are genuine sellers) - and if you unfortunate enough to be scammed, eBay doesn't do much at all to help you.

I used to sell a lot on eBay until X mas 2011, when eBay did me over...

Long story short I was a Top rated, gold power seller, I got attacked with a competitor buying my items from mutable accounts and leaving bad feedback and opening cases against me, right towards the end of the evaluation period for power seller and top rated status, due to the open cases I lost both and even though eBay did fix the problem, they said they cant reinstate my Top rated seller status until the next evaluation period.

So lost the all discount you get in listing and final evaluation fees, which was a lot of money, eBay did not care, I just closed the eBay shop and have never used them since for buying or selling....

Lian Li PC-V359WRX Micro-ATX Case | Intel 5960X Extreme 3.00GHz | ASRock Fatal1ty X99M KILLER | Crucial 32 GB 2666 DDR4 | Thermaltake NiC C5 | EVGA Supernova 1200W P2 | 2x 240GB OCZ Radeon R7 | 2x 256 GB Samsung 840 Series Pro | 2 X 120GB Samsung 840 EVO | 6x NF-F12’s | Place Holder GPU R9 290X |

Links Current 5960X Old FX9590

ive never used ebay is something wrong with me im just scared

Nothing is wrong with you.

"It pays to keep an open mind, but not so open your brain falls out." - Carl Sagan.

"I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you" - Edward I. Koch

I sold a 560 Ti on eBay and I shipped it out before getting full payment. The guy couldn't pay for it all and claimed he would ship it back to me. I haven't gotten it back yet and it's been like 3-4 months.

"It pays to keep an open mind, but not so open your brain falls out." - Carl Sagan.

The issue with eBay is they protect the buyer to no end but the sellers get screwed.  Like I pay 5 dollars +10% of my sales to eBay and 3% PayPal fee's.  Also I put insurance on everything, but I am expected to refund the seller and hope they file the claim for me?  That's completely stupid.  I cannot help it if FedEx/UPS destroys the package that's why I insure it.  Sure if the customer refuses to receive it and it gets sent back to me I will be glad to file the claim and refund him!!

My PC: CPU: I7-2600K CPU Cooler: Cooler Master Evo, Mother Board: MSI Z77 Mpower, Ram: 4x4GB DDR3 1600MHz CL9 Corsair Vengeance (Black), Case: HAF 932, PSU: CM GX 650 (Upgrading to RM750 soon), SSD: Samsung 840 Pro 120GB SSD, HD:  750GB Seagate 7200 RPM, Optical: Samsung Blu-ray burner, GPU: MSI GTX 560 TI Twin Frozr (Upgrading to an HD R9-290X on launch)

I sold a 560 Ti on eBay and I shipped it out before getting full payment. The guy couldn't pay for it all and claimed he would ship it back to me. I haven't gotten it back yet and it's been like 3-4 months.

Thats a pain :/

I am a happy wuffy

Thats a pain :/

Yes. Now I wait for the person to pay up fully before shipping it out so that doesn't happen again.

To make a long story short, Good luck filing insurance claim if something arrives broken. Even if you paid extra for insurance.

One can not simply buy Mail Order Brides on eBay. :P

Seriously though, so much of the simple stuff like cables and adapters I've bought work great, but it's always been the big purchases I have problems with. Case in point: I bought a 6th Gen iPod Nano (the square one with the belt clip for running) off BestBuy's AS-IS seller account, with the AS-IS portion being the power button doesn't click. I know that's a common issue with those units, and the number one reason they get returned or RMA'd. Luckily, there are many people who also know exactly how to fix the problem, so score for me on the $30 price tag. Or so I thought.

I had only been using it in my car with a charger for three days, so turning it on and off was as simple as re-plugging the 30-pin power adapter. Unfortunately, before I even started to work on it, the screen froze solid white, and stayed there. Computer wouldn't detect anymore, unit was done. Luckily, the seller said no problem and even emailed a prepaid shipping waybill. The annoying part was they kept sending me a waybill good for the anywhere in the states, even though they KNEW from my address I was in Canada. Eventually it got resolved, but not before I emailed them a Google Maps link to my house.

Desktop: KiRaShi-Intel-2022 (i5-12600K, RTX2060) Mobile: OnePlus 5T | Koodo - 75GB Data + Data Rollover for $45/month
Laptop: Dell XPS 15 9560 (the real 15" MacBook Pro that Apple didn't make) Tablet: iPad Mini 5 | Lenovo IdeaPad Duet 10.1
Camera: Canon M6 Mark II | Canon Rebel T1i (500D) | Canon SX280 | Panasonic TS20D Music: Spotify Premium (CIRCA '08)

I gave up selling on Ebay because of the morons trying to score stuff that's already dirt cheap for free by claiming it was never delivered.

The last one before I called it quits was a copy of SIMS and the women who bought it claimed it was never received

but she went on a SIMS addon buying frenzy on Ebay and leaving reviews of the game all linking back to her

including forum posts saying she bought it from me on Ebay.......  Then of course he signature for the package.

Craiglist isn't much better unless you take a hard line with buyers.

- Don't post your phone number, require they send you theirs and best time to call.

- Deal with people who send you cell phone numbers before people with landline numbers.

- Do not deliver unless it's a few blocks away and a $100 or more item.

- Do not travel more then a couple blocks from home, make them come to you.

- Insist on a set time to meet the same day. 

- Post lots of information about the item including Youtube reviews...etc.   

- Don't waste time with anyone who asks 50 million questions.

- Don't waste time with people who insist on TEXTING everything, if they are too lazy to speak, chances are they are a time waster.

Ever since I follow these rules, I rarely have any problems, time wasters and lowballers hate a seller who doesn't screw around.

Not on ebay, but recently sold my rs account for 200 $, well at first I had it listed at 225$, literally 6 people tried to scam me via skype, and other methods, then 2 people actually bought it, waited for the confirmation thing and cancelled just before in hopes I'd give them the details once I saw they'd paid for it and just had to wait for the processing..  So sad what this world has come to :/

I lowered it to 200 and someone bought it right away and was actually very nice :D

Stuff:  i7 7700k @ (dat nibba succ) | ASRock Z170M OC Formula | G.Skill TridentZ 3600 c16 | EKWB 1080 @ 2100 mhz  |  Acer X34 Predator | R4 | EVGA 1000 P2 | 1080mm Radiator Custom Loop | HD800 + Audio-GD NFB-11 | 850 Evo 1TB | 840 Pro 256GB | 3TB WD Blue | 2TB Barracuda

Hwbot: http://hwbot.org/user/lays/ 

FireStrike 980 ti @ 1800 Mhz http://hwbot.org/submission/3183338 http://www.3dmark.com/3dm/11574089

cause of all the reasons in above posts, I use Amazon over eBay.. sucks that they don't take Paypal, but, they are competitors.

ive never used ebay is something wrong with me im just scared

I've never bought from eBay either as I simply don't trust it.

GW2: Vettexl.9726