is this going to bottle neck

No sir, no bottleneck in sight for another light year. 

Intel Core i7-5820K (4.4 GHz) | Gigabyte GTX 970 G1 Gaming | Corsair Vengeance LPX 16GB  | 2x 360mm Custom Loop (Noctua iPPC) | ASRock X99 Extreme6 | Samsung 840 EVO 250GB | Fractal Design Define S | Corsair HX750 | Windows 10 | Corsair M65 RGB PRO | Corsair K70 RGB LUX (CherryMX Brown) | Beyerdynamic Custom One Pro & Creative Sound Blaster Z | Nexus 6P (32GB Aluminium) | Check out my setup: Project Kalte Here!

No shouldn't.

New: PCPartPicker part list

Old:Intel® Core2 Quad CPU Q8400 @ 2.66GHz, GIGABYTE GA-EP43T-UD3L, 4 GB Elixir PC3 ddr3-1333,  ASUS RADEON R7 260X, Thermaltake M9, 1TB HDD, GreatWall GW550SEL 550 WATT, BENQ GW2255, Hyper T4, Samson SR950 Headphones, fiio ek10.

You can probably do better than that kingston SSD.  Other than that, it's a very high end CPU.  Only concern would be single threaded performance in non-multi-threaded cpu-intense games.

Solve your own audio issues  |  First Steps with RPi 3  |  Humidity & Condensation  |  Sleep & Hibernation  |  Overclocking RAM  |  Making Backups  |  Displays  |  4K / 8K / 16K / etc.  |  Do I need 80+ Platinum?

If you can read this you're using the wrong theme.  You can change it at the bottom.

I'm really confused as to why you chose two 970s.

because when i bought the first one the 980ti wasnt a thing, and i bought the second about 2 months after i got the first.

Its a Championship not a Belt!

You can probably do better than that kingston SSD.  Other than that, it's a very high end CPU.  Only concern would be single threaded performance in non-multi-threaded cpu-intense games.

it dosent preform poorly,and it still works so i see no reason to change it. and im  doing the upgrade to x99 to  get a fix for my upgrade syndrome as some of the parts im not going to be using anymore will be going to my other pc.  im debating an x99 upgrade or upgrading my processor to a 4790k on my pc and sli 980ti.

it dosent preform poorly,and it still works so i see no reason to change it. and im  doing the upgrade to x99 to  get a fix for my upgrade syndrome as some of the parts im not going to be using anymore will be going to my other pc.

like I said, it's a very high end system so you shouldn't have any bottlenecking issues, generally speaking.  Especially if you can overclock that CPU to like 3.9 GHz or higher, it will crush anything else you can buy

Solve your own audio issues  |  First Steps with RPi 3  |  Humidity & Condensation  |  Sleep & Hibernation  |  Overclocking RAM  |  Making Backups  |  Displays  |  4K / 8K / 16K / etc.  |  Do I need 80+ Platinum?

If you can read this you're using the wrong theme.  You can change it at the bottom.

because when i bought the first one the 980ti wasnt a thing, and i bought the second about 2 months after i got the first.

At this point wait on Pascal though two 970s isn't really a slouch. You won't start to bottleneck until you have like 3 980Ti with that chip. In about 6 months though you have a better chip coming out for the same price on the same platform, the 6960X, something you should be aware of in case you want to wait. 

it dosent preform poorly,and it still works so i see no reason to change it. and im  doing the upgrade to x99 to  get a fix for my upgrade syndrome as some of the parts im not going to be using anymore will be going to my other pc.  im debating an x99 upgrade or upgrading my processor to a 4790k on my pc and sli 980ti.

eh

good enough :P

Check out my guide on how to scan cover art here!

Local asshole and 6th generation console enthusiast.

At this point wait on Pascal though two 970s isn't really a slouch. You won't start to bottleneck until you have like 3 980Ti with that chip. In about 6 months though you have a better chip coming out for the same price on the same platform, the 6960X, something you should be aware of in case you want to wait. 

waiting isnt a strong point of mine, and this is comming straight from tax return money so it wont last long.

also,  my total budget is about 2.3k USD should i just upgrade to  lower sku x99 and do the 980ti's? instead, im upgrading from a i5-4670k

also,  my total budget is about 2.3k USD should i just upgrade to  lower sku x99 and do the 980ti's? instead, im upgrading from a i5-4670k

What kind of monitor(s) do you have? Id probably go with a nice board and the 5960X get all that right then wait until pascal to think about upgrading the GPUs (also taking into account what monitors are out by then and what you have now). 

What kind of monitor(s) do you have? Id probably go with a nice board and the 5960X get all that right then wait until pascal to think about upgrading the GPUs (also taking into account what monitors are out by then and what you have now). 

right now 2 1080p  27inch montiors which will change in june when my family get me a predator x34, because with my eye i cant see  above 1440p resolution so 4k is worhtless to me, and im not going to get pascal, too many bad experiences with amd

and im not going to get pascal, too many bad experiences with amd

wait, so you're just going intel graphics?

@skullrebell

Do you really need a 5960x? If you really need all 8 cores then maybe. But you could save a lot of money, and still not bottleneck if you go with the 5930k if you can survive with 6 cores. Also, there are rumors that a new lga 2011 x99 class cpu will be coming out soon, so if you can wait then those should bring skylake features and stuff.

-reconninja33

right now 2 1080p  27inch montiors which will change in june when my family get me a predator x34, because with my eye i cant see  above 1440p resolution so 4k is worhtless to me, and im not going to get pascal, too many bad experiences with amd

That'll be Nvidias new line with HBM2. Nice monitor. Id stick with the 970s and see if the framerates are acceptable... thats like... 16,000ish Firestrike scores I think??? You'll just have to wait and see. Id go with that, build the rest, get the monitors, update GPUs in a year or so if the framerates aren't acceptable after Pascal has launched. 

The 5820k would be fine for the current card setup any day of the week. Keep that in mind too. Save some of that cash for the 6960X if you want it later on. 

wait, so you're just going intel graphics?

nvidia....

@skullrebell

Do you really need a 5960x? If you really need all 8 cores then maybe. But you could save a lot of money, and still not bottleneck if you go with the 5930k if you can survive with 6 cores. Also, there are rumors that a new lga 2011 x99 class cpu will be coming out soon, so if you can wait then those should bring skylake features and stuff.

-reconninja33

That'll be Nvidias new line with HBM2. Nice monitor. Id stick with the 970s and see if the framerates are acceptable... thats like... 16,000ish Firestrike scores I think??? You'll just have to wait and see. Id go with that, build the rest, get the monitors, update GPUs in a year or so if the framerates aren't acceptable after Pascal has launched. 

The 5820k would be fine for the current card setup any day of the week. Keep that in mind too. Save some of that cash for the 6960X if you want it later on. 

http://pcpartpicker.com/p/pTwLMp ehhh what about this?

http://pcpartpicker.com/p/pTwLMp ehhh what about this?

The 5820K is what you should get if you don't get the 5960X, the 5930K isn't worth the extra money. Id also get Gigabyte G1 980Ti over the MSI cards. G1 is a heck of a nice card (the one with the LEDs and backplate) its also black so matches any color scheme, change the ram to match the rest of the build. Right now you have yellow on the motherboard, blue ram, and red on the graphics card. That'll look like captain planet. Yeah, cheaper cpu, G1 cards which are freaking awesome and solid black, ram to match the rest of the build, black maybe or yellow to match the MB.    

captain_planet.jpg

nvidia....

oh, just current nvidia... ok, it was just worded weird :)

It will bottleneck, but not on the CPU or GPU. The 3.5 GB of VRAM on those dual GTX 970s will be your limiting factor. For stuff demanding enough to use that kind of hardware, that VRAM is going to be a problem, unless this is a pure editing/rendering rig and the GPUs are solely for CUDA acceleration.

The 5820K is what you should get if you don't get the 5960X, the 5930K isn't worth the extra money. Id also get Gigabyte G1 980Ti over the MSI cards. G1 is a heck of a nice card (the one with the LEDs and backplate) its also black so matches any color scheme, change the ram to match the rest of the build. Right now you have yellow on the motherboard, blue ram, and red on the graphics card. That'll look like captain planet. Yeah, cheaper cpu, G1 cards which are freaking awesome and solid black, ram to match the rest of the build, black maybe or yellow to match the MB.    

http://pcpartpicker.com/p/W2RrZL ? i mean these gps are a little long im not sure if they will fit with the top hdd cage which i need for my ssd's and hdd.

http://pcpartpicker.com/p/W2RrZL ? i mean these gps are a little long im not sure if they will fit with the top hdd cage which i need for my ssd's and hdd.

Thats a nice looking build. They should fit... I think. They'll stick about an inch and a half wider than the motherboard. You'll have to look at your case and see if that looks like it will work.