Alienware X51 - USB Ports

Hey guys,

Sorry its a long post, but it does reduce potential questions :)

A few months ago I won an X51 at a local LAN/Competition - Didn't buy, don't judge ;)

Anyways, been using the PC mostly for downloading and streaming every now and then on my living room tv. Everything on the PC ran smoothly, I added a solid state to the X51 and installed my OS onto it. Used it for a month or two after that with no problems at all. I decided yesterday to move the PC to my bedroom as I can just use it for the same reasons there. I set it up pretty much exactly the same, except this time I plugged in a USB hub (externally powered) so that I can get my wireless mouse and keyboard better connectivity so this was the only difference between it being downstairs and in my room. 

And then I powered it on... 

I turned the PC on and walked away, to pack an HDMI cable away. I came back 5 seconds later and the screen was artifacting so I thought I might have not plugged the monitor in correctly. Turned everything off and made sure all the connections were in correctly. Turned it back on and that fixed it. Then I started to smell a burning smell, coming out of the X51. I turned it off immediately not wanting to cause a fire etc. I then turned it on 5 minutes later as I was not 100% sure if it was the PC or not. The PC seems to work, but an error pops up saying "error: no usb kb input device. Strike the F1 key to continue, F2 to run the setup utility." Having tried a wireless and wired keyboard/mouse both do not pickup, and I know they all do work. 

My thoughts are I killed my USB ports but I have no idea. I can confirm that the burning smell was coming out of the X51.

If anyone knows what I should do please let me know!

Cheers.

I think if anything you burned out a USB port. I take it you've unplugged the USB hub since, correct? 

NCASE M1 i5-9600k  GTX 1080 FE Z370N-WIFI SF600 NH-U9S LPX 32GB 960EVO

I'm a self-identifying Corsair Nvidia Fanboy; Get over it.

I think if anything you burned out a USB port. I take it you've unplugged the USB hub since, correct? 

I did try other USB ports and they didn't seem to work either (on the actual mobo, and on the front USB ports). 

Yes have used the USB hub before with no problems, haven't used it since yesterday as I am scared it might stuff up some thing else.