China cloud storage provider 115.com offer unlimited cloud storage

snowComet

It seems there is a cloud storage war in China. Since Tencent offered 10tb cloud storage, another cloud storage provider in China, 115.com, decided to push the competition by offering unlimited cloud storage.

When a user registered, he will automatically receive a 115gb cloud storage, Then by default, every user will receive an upgrade of 1tb every year, and they claim there is no limit of how much u can get. If you are a vip user, you can have a 3-5tb upgrade every year, depends on what kind of VIP user you are.

http://115.com/tnt/ (in Chinese)

Update : it seems this promotion is intended for people who speak/read Chinese. I registered both accounts from the Chinese and English registration pages, and both got 115gb after registration. You will see the ad that link to the webpage about the unlimited offer only when the language of yr cloud drive (after registration) was set as Trad.Chinese or Simplified Chinese.

Everyone brace yourself I feel a storm of @snowComet news postings ahead! :P

=,=......... i don't know what i should say....

actually i'm heading out now, so no "storm of news postings"....

I tried signing up and it said 15GB of storage but it didn't like my phone number so I couldn't get any further also google translate kind of brakes it. 

=,=......... i don't know what i should say....

actually i'm heading out now, so no "storm of news postings"....

Quickly, registration tut.

Error: 410

Hmm I wonder whether cloud storage is even backed up. I mean is it even running RAID1 or something similar or is it just a regular HDD? If its just a regular HDD, then better place only useless stuff in cloud storage or BACK IT UP! (which sort of defeats the purpose of cloud storage.... )

I tried signing up and it said 15GB of storage but it didn't like my phone number so I couldn't get any further also google translate kind of brakes it. 

Sorry for confusing you. There is a page for English user to register. http://www.115.com/?lang=en

But it seems this promotion is intended for people who speak/read Chinese. I registered both accounts from the Chinese and English registration pages,and both got 115gb after registration. You will see the ad that link to the webpage about the unlimited offer only when the language of yr cloud drive (after registration) was set as Trad.Chinese or Simplified Chinese.

It seems pretty reasonable to me... I mean, I get offered 5 GB for free from lots of places, and I've never filled up any of them. If one service can offer "unlimited" due to the fact that they know most users will still use less than 5GB, they'll still get bigger market share because "just in case".

I don't know how they'd make money off it though.

i wouldn't want any of my stuff in the hands of the chinese. They don't respect intellectual property of any kind.

2017 Macbook Pro 15 inch