Help acquiring new motherboard

Battlebirtie

Hey guys - recently starting to plan new university build. Aiming to build quite a powerhouse but a stable one. Value is key though as i'm a British student. 

I found the xeon e5 series for the LGA 2011 platform to be amazing value on ebay. Plus I have a p9x79-Ws at home which can test this whilst i'm still here for the next couple of weeks.

But I can't find an lga-2011 motherboard for good value whatsoever - I looked all over ebay and amazon unfortunately was no help either. 

I have found a couple of candidates on Alibaba - but is Alibaba safe to buy from for C612/ X79 motherboards? If not does anyone have any suggestions or is willing to sell for a reasonable price?

In the worst case does anyone have any place I could find a cheap 2011-3 cpu because I can get hold of an x99 motherboard on the cheap.

Thank you so much for reading this, sorry for the diatribe. 

Hey guys - recently starting to plan new university build. Aiming to build quite a powerhouse but a stable one. Value is key though as i'm a British student.

High end and Cheap generally don't go well together, for X99 you're going to want the 5820K

I edit my posts a lot, Twitter is @LordStreetguru just don't ask PC questions there mostly...

Spoiler

What is your budget/country for your new PC?

what monitor resolution/refresh rate?

What games or other software do you need to run?

High end and Cheap generally don't go well together, for X99 you're going to want the 5820K

X99 is a backup choice and the board is sorted. Just in the worst case wondering if anyone is aware of where I could find a 5820k for more £200~