Lga1150 my choice

I have a 4790k and looking to change out my motherboard to ether a asus maximus vii formula or msi gaming 9 ac. Is there a major difference between the two?

One has good customer support the other doesnt

both are very good and overpriced boards

Thats that. If you need to get in touch chances are you can find someone that knows me that can get in touch.

Don't change your motherboard for no reason  :D Also, as @thekeemo said, MSI has good CS and Asus has nonexistent customer service. Both boards are overpriced and only good for show PC's.

I have a 4790k and looking to change out my motherboard to ether a asus maximus vii formula or msi gaming 9 ac. Is there a major difference between the two?

What motherboard do you have currently?

LIBERATOR: Core i5 6400 @ 2.7GHz | GeForce GTX 670 2 GB | HyperX Fury 8GB DDR4 @ 2133 MHz | 250 GB Samsung 850 Evo SSD
My new build; Liberator, Check it out

The more friendly we are, the more helpful we are!

MY OLD BUILD (AKA PREBUILT MONSTROSITY)
INSANITY: AMD Athlon II X2 @ 3.0 GHz | Geforce GT 720 2 GB | 4 GB DDR3 @ 1333 MHz | 120 GB Silicon Power SSD | 500 GB Hitachi HDD

What motherboard do you have currently?

His profile says Z97 Mark 1 Sabertooth 

Asus sabertooth z97. One of my graphics cards stoped working about a week ago. The 2nd pci e slot stoped working. Going to give this motherboard to my parents since they don't need the slot

Don't change your motherboard for no reason :D Also, as @thekeemo said, MSI has good CS and Asus has nonexistent customer service. Both boards are overpriced and only good for show PC's.

My pc normally gets seen by quite a few people, so I like to keep it nice lookingpost-242202-14518751350159_thumb.jpg

My pc normally gets seen by quite a few people, so I like to keep it nice lookingattachicon.gif20150814_005253.jpg

IT IS NICE LOOKING LMAO

If you're gonna drop $300 on a board for no reason, get a new monitor. Btw you would have to change your fluid and case monitor if you got either of those boards.

My pc normally gets seen by quite a few people, so I like to keep it nice looking

but but but but but but CAN I FUCKING HAZ

for reference this is what my PC looks like

https://goo.gl/photos/tpZgYe9hVr8274q96

Thats that. If you need to get in touch chances are you can find someone that knows me that can get in touch.

Didn't you have an MSI Krait?

What? No.

I was considering it but decided to save $30.

IT IS NICE LOOKING LMAO

If you're gonna drop $300 on a board for no reason, get a new monitor. Btw you would have to change your fluid and case monitor if you got either of those boards.

Its not for no reason, one pcie slot is not working anymore, so I'm changing the board. Just going to paint my rads and other parts to match. I already ordered a new monitor. That Samsung was just something I had around so I could put more into the pc.

Its not for no reason, one pcie slot is not working anymore, so I'm changing the board. Just going to paint my rads and other parts to match. I already ordered a new monitor. That Samsung was just something I had around so I could put more into the pc.

You could just RMA the damn thing...

but but but but but but CAN I FUCKING HAZ

for reference this is what my PC looks like

https://goo.gl/photos/tpZgYe9hVr8274q96

Lol sorry but it's going to my parents, they are to broke to by a new one and I have a spare i3 I'm going to slap in it for them

Lol sorry but it's going to my parents, they are to broke to by a new one and I have a spare i3 I'm going to slap in it for them

Ill send them my system 4790k MSI Z87 G45 H440 all black on tuesday

You could just RMA the damn thing...

Its probably from the fluid that got leaked onto when I was filling it, probably why that slot ended up dying. I'm getting a bigger case and adding more rads anyways so changing my board was. Something I desided to do while upgrading my case

Its probably from the fluid that got leaked onto when I was filling it, probably why that slot ended up dying. I'm getting a bigger case and adding more rads anyways so changing my board was. Something I desided to do while upgrading my case

Get the MSI then, you can spend your money how you choose. 

What? No.

I was considering it but decided to save $30.

It was in one of your 690 pictures

It was in one of your 690 pictures

look again

Get the MSI then, you can spend your money how you choose.

Msi it is then! Guess I should start planing out what mods to do to the case while I wait for it. (eBay not offering any fast shipping [emoji22] ) thanks for the input

look again

the eBay listing bro

the eBay listing bro

friends system

13 days later it was dead