PLEASE HELP SODA ON PC NIGHTMARE

Huboi

Basically, yeah. What I'd personally probably do is try to clean off as much of the soda as I can with alcohol (for things which don't have a battery such as GPUs, you could probably also use water to be honest, but for the motherboard I think I'd stick with alcohol unless you take out the battery, although I'm not actually sure how conductive or non-conductive that is, maybe it doesn't even matter, can't say for certain), then let the stuff dry for about a day, depending on air humidity. Keep in mind though that this isn't exactly a hard science. Best of luck! :)

Aw thx :3

That was probably it, if you're lucky maybe the GPU is recoverable but the first thing you should remember is that you shouldn't rush. Your pc might/most likely still has life. Personally i'd take your gpu apart carefully, and clean it with alcohol and place the PCB into a bag of rice for a few days. Do the same with your motherboard, taking the CPU out and taking the VRM heatsinks etc. off if you can. I'd also try to remove the heat spreaders from your RAM. Place everything inside the bag of rice, let it sit for a week if you can wait that long. If your PSU fan faces down, it's probably fine. But if the fan faces up I would let it sit for a day and then try to power it on, shorting out the two specific cables on the 24-pin connector. 

But this is being SUPER SAFE, if you can't see any visible spills right now then I'd just let it air dry for a couple of days

So after im done with all the cleaning and drying, how would i go about assembling the desktop. Like if im scared of destroying or frying the other components. I also changed the thermal paste at both the cpu, and gpu (not like it's actually making a difference but you know). Should i start by booting up with mobo, cpu and a stick of ram? Or what else perhaps?

So after im done with all the cleaning and drying, how would i go about assembling the desktop. Like if im scared of destroying or frying the other components. I also changed the thermal paste at both the cpu, and gpu (not like it's actually making a difference but you know). Should i start by booting up with mobo, cpu and a stick of ram? Or what else perhaps?

Yeah, I would start with as few components as you can, see if the thing POSTs, then go from there.

BUILD LOGS: HELIOS - Latest Update: 2015-SEP-06 ::: ZEUS - BOTW 2013-JUN-28 ::: APOLLO - Complete: 2014-MAY-10
OTHER STUFF: Cable Lacing Tutorial ::: What Is ZFS? ::: mincss Primer ::: LSI RAID Card Flashing Tutorial
FORUM INFO: Community Standards ::: The Moderating Team ::: 10TB+ Storage Showoff Topic

Okay so i have just tried to reboot the pc and connect everything one at the time, but when i got to the sata connectors, i booted up to a bluescreen with windows that had the sad face ): xD but is this because i have connected the hdd/ssd to different connectors and it is trying to boot up on the wrong disk?

EDIT:

slow captured the bluescreen before it rebooted, and i got the error code SYSTEM_THREAD_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED

WHY ARE SO MANY THREADS HAVING CAPITALIZED TITLES?

BECAUSE IT'S A PC NIGHTMARE!!!!!!!

---

You've probably got a lengthy bill coming your way. Ah well, we all learn the hard way because we try to push things too far.

Eien nante naito iikitte shimattar  /  Amarinimo sabishikute setsunai deshou
Dare mo ga hontou wa shinjitai kedo  /  Uragirarere ba fukaku kizu tsuite shimau mono

Ooh damn, good luck man! Please update us

Okay so i have just tried to reboot the pc and connect everything one at the time, but when i got to the sata connectors, i booted up to a bluescreen with windows that had the sad face ): xD but is this because i have connected the hdd/ssd to different connectors and it is trying to boot up on the wrong disk?

EDIT:

slow captured the bluescreen before it rebooted, and i got the error code SYSTEM_THREAD_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED and it just reboots instantly.

Nevermind. The ram was in the wrong slot. Thank you guys for all the help. 

PS: posting this from my so called "dead" computer

PS: posting this from my so called "dead" computer

Nice! thumb.gif

I'd maybe try to run some stress tests to make sure you're fine. Just to be on the safe side.

BUILD LOGS: HELIOS - Latest Update: 2015-SEP-06 ::: ZEUS - BOTW 2013-JUN-28 ::: APOLLO - Complete: 2014-MAY-10
OTHER STUFF: Cable Lacing Tutorial ::: What Is ZFS? ::: mincss Primer ::: LSI RAID Card Flashing Tutorial
FORUM INFO: Community Standards ::: The Moderating Team ::: 10TB+ Storage Showoff Topic

Nice! thumb.gif

I'd maybe try to run some stress tests to make sure you're fine. Just to be on the safe side.

Not really used any of those before. Recommendations?

Btw it wasn't ram in wrong slot. One of the ram sticks must have been damaged by me :)(

Not really used any of those before. Recommendations?

Not really my area of expertise to be honest, at least not on Windows. But I'm sure somebody else will have some reasonable suggestions.

Not really my area of expertise to be honest, at least not on Windows. But I'm sure somebody else will have some reasonable suggestions.

Well anyways, thanks for the help!