Linus Media Group sponsor for Robotics Competition?

afyeung

Hello fellow Linus fans,

I'm in a team of 10 students from Thomas Jefferson High School for Science and Technology and we're going to participate in a robotics competition on January 30th. The robotics competition is part of First Tech Challenge (FTC). FIRST(For Inspiration and Recognition of Science and Technology) is an organization that promotes STEM for middle and high school students http://www.firstinspires.org/. Our goal was to build and program a specialized robot to cross rough terrain(including the ability to climb) and also to pick up debris/objects. However, FTC is not just about building/programming. We also have to engage in community service and communicate with sponsors. I know that there are many other teams, but I feel that we have a great shot at the competition and our robot is awesome. I am a PC aficionado at heart but robotics definitely has similarities so this was really fun to participate in. I'm a huge fan of LTT, and although LTT has its shenanigans, they also try to promote education in tech. It would be a huge honor if LMG could sponsor my team(basic site: https://www.facebook.com/FTC10869/). Any sort of donation or help would be amazing. Even something as simple as LED strips to put on the robot would help.

I know what you're thinking, what would LMG get out of this? When we compete, the LMG logo will be on the robot. There's also stuff about tax breaks and such, but I don't know if that would apply since we are in US.

If anybody could help me contact Linus, Slick, or somebody on the LMG team, that would be amazing. My team would really like to pursue our passions in STEM, and if LMG could help out a bit, that would be incredible.

Current PC: Origin Millennium- i7 5820K @4.0GHz | GTX 980Ti SLI | X99 Deluxe 

PM Linus

or slick

I PM'ed Linus and Slick. Here's hoping

hey fellow First member

im in FRC (first robotics competition)

id love support from people like linus, but you honestly have to get your name out there. 

im from team 5624 and last year was our rookie year and we made it to Lehigh Valley for MAR championships, so we put our name out there very well. this year we have quite a few sponsors, so what is key is going out there and getting them. try to find local businesses willing to support you is key. provide things such as advertisements on team T shirts and on the robot for sponsors.

our town had what is known as a business association  where all community businesses met and discussed plans. we went there, gave our presentation on the team in rookie year, and walked out with like 3K. so just try to get your name out there 

Rigs I've Built

The Striker i5 4590 @ 3.7 ||  MSI GTX 980 Armor X2 || Corsair RMX 750 || Team Elite Plus 8 GB || Define S || MSI Z97S SLI Krait

The Office PC i3 4160 @ 3.6 || Intel 4600 || EVGA 500B || G.Skill 8 GB || Cooler Master N200 || ASRock H97M Pro4

The Friend PC G3258 @ 4.3 || Sapphire R9 280X Tri-X || EVGA 600B || 8 GB Dell Ram || Cooler Master N200 || ASRock H97M- iTX/ac

The Mom Gaming PC A10-7890K @ 4.4 || iGPU + ASUS R7 250 ||  8 GB Klevv DDR3-2800 Mhz

Hello fellow Linus fans,

I'm in a team of 10 students from Thomas Jefferson High School for Science and Technology and we're going to participate in a robotics competition on January 30th. The robotics competition is part of First Tech Challenge (FTC). FIRST(For Inspiration and Recognition of Science and Technology) is an organization that promotes STEM for middle and high school students 

http://www.firstinspires.org/. Our goal was to build and program a specialized robot to cross rough terrain(including the ability to climb) and also to pick up debris/objects. However, FTC is not just about building/programming. We also have to engage in community service and communicate with sponsors. I know that there are many other teams, but I feel that we have a great shot at the competition and our robot is awesome. I am a PC aficionado at heart but robotics definitely has similarities so this was really fun to participate in. I'm a huge fan of LTT, and although LTT has its shenanigans, they also try to promote education in tech. It would be a huge honor if LMG could sponsor my team(basic site: https://www.facebook.com/FTC10869/). Any sort of donation or help would be amazing. Even something as simple as LED strips to put on the robot would help.

I know what you're thinking, what would LMG get out of this? When we compete, the LMG logo will be on the robot. There's also stuff about tax breaks and such, but I don't know if that would apply since we are in US.

If anybody could help me contact Linus, Slick, or somebody on the LMG team, that would be amazing. My team would really like to pursue our passions in STEM, and if LMG could help out a bit, that would be incredible.

Try one of the email addresses on their website: http://www.linusmediagroup.com/contact/

Intel i7 5820K (4.5 GHz) | MSI X99A MPower | 32 GB Kingston HyperX Fury 2666MHz | Asus RoG STRIX GTX 1080ti OC | Samsung 951 m.2 nVME 512GB | Crucial MX200 1000GB | Western Digital Caviar Black 2000GB | Noctua NH-D15 | Fractal Define R5 | Seasonic 860 Platinum | Logitech G910 | Sennheiser 599 | Blue Yeti | Logitech G502

Nikon D500 | Nikon 300mm f/4 PF  | Nikon 200-500 f/5.6 | Nikon 50mm f/1.8 | Tamron 70-210 f/4 VCII | Sigma 10-20 f/3.5 | Nikon 17-55 f/2.8 | Tamron 90mm F2.8 SP Di VC USD Macro | Neewer 750II

Nice tips! I'll look around and see if my area has local business meetings. I have a relative who is fairly senior at Google so I'll try there.

I'd said @nicklmg is your best bet. you can probably tweet at him or maybe Colton since they Handle sales and social media

CPU: AMD FX-6300 @3.8 GHz     |     Cooling: Cooler Master Hyper Evo 212     |     RAM: G.Skill NS Series 4x4GB      |       Motherboard: GIGABYTE 990FXA     |     Case: Antec One     |     Video Card: MSI Radeon R9 270x HAWK    |    PSU: EVGA SuperNova 750 G2    |     HDD: 1 WD Black (Programs Files), 1 WD Caviar Blue (Boot)     |     KB & M: Cooler Master Storm Devastator Blue     |     Speakers: Logitech Z506     |     UPS:  CyberPower 1500w     |

Every time you use comic sans, one programmer dies.

Now i am curious as to how many people on this forum participate in First. I am programming/electrical/mechanical mentor for an frc team.

CPU: Intel i7 - 5820k @ 4.5GHz, Cooler: Corsair H80i, Motherboard: MSI X99S Gaming 7, RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX 32GB DDR4 2666MHz CL16,

GPU: ASUS GTX 980 Strix, Case: Corsair 900D, PSU: Corsair AX860i 860W, Keyboard: Logitech G19, Mouse: Corsair M95, Storage: Intel 730 Series 480GB SSD, WD 1.5TB Black

Display: BenQ XL2730Z 2560x1440 144Hz

Nick Light would be your best bet. But I doubt they will be sponsoring A Team. Or sponsoring at all. They might do featured video from competition. But thats all. For company that much relies on sponsorship from other companies, redirecting that to something else than personal projects, doubtful.

Anyway, you best bet to getting any kind of reply is Nick Light (@nicklmg here). He handles public relations like sponsors.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv

Nick Light would be your best bet. But I doubt they will be sponsoring A Team. Or sponsoring at all. They might do featured video from competition. But thats all. For company that much relies on sponsorship from other companies, redirecting that to something else than personal projects, doubtful.

Anyway, you best bet to getting any kind of reply is Nick Light (@nicklmg here). He handles public relations like sponsors.

Yeah. I'll try contacting Nick. Any support from LMG would be really cool.