I think she's stable.

kels

I was trying to point out they kept saying it isn't for high end builds but here I am with a high end build and using the cx750m with no issues or complaints.

Quad titan SLI or no balls. 

[spoiler=Current Rig] N/A

As I noted in my above post, is my system not a high end one? Was when the parts were new. I'm waiting for you or pcman to actually provide a source or proof of your statement that the cx750m is bad. I'm not saying it is an amazing psu what I AM saying is that it works great for what it is and you can't just say a product is terrible with out backing your statement up.

Didn't say your system wasn't high end, at all. What I said was that the PSU is not meant to be used for high-end PCs. Quoting Corsair's website:

"CX PSUs are an excellent for basic system builds and desktop PC upgrades."

Some more points on why the CX series is not for higher-end builds:

- The thing is only rated for operation at 30 degrees or below. That is abysmal. A high-end, overclocked system can easily reach that temperature, meaning that you are placing it out of it's rated operation temperature and thus it is more likely to die.

- The capacitor quality is shoddy.

- It has pretty high amounts of ripple, which can shorten the lifespan of components significantly.

They won't burn down your PC or anything, but they are not meant for high-end builds. Corsair themselves say so. There are plenty of options for similar prices that are much higher quality, such as the XFX TS, Seasonic S12 or Antec High Current Gamer. Just because your works does not mean they are good PSUs for high-end systems like yours.

Project White Lightning (My ITX Gaming PC): Core i5-4690K | CRYORIG H5 Ultimate | ASUS Maximus VII Impact | HyperX Savage 2x8GB DDR3 | Samsung 850 EVO 250GB | WD Black 1TB | Sapphire RX 480 8GB NITRO+ OC | Phanteks Enthoo EVOLV ITX | Corsair AX760 | LG 29UM67 | CM Storm Quickfire Ultimate | Logitech G502 Proteus Spectrum | HyperX Cloud II | Logitech Z333

Benchmark Results: 3DMark Firestrike: 10,528 | SteamVR VR Ready (avg. quality 7.1) | VRMark 7,004 (VR Ready)

Other systems I've built:

Core i3-6100 | CM Hyper 212 EVO | MSI H110M ECO | Corsair Vengeance LPX 1x8GB DDR4  | ADATA SP550 120GB | Seagate 500GB | EVGA ACX 2.0 GTX 1050 Ti | Fractal Design Core 1500 | Corsair CX450M

Core i5-4590 | Intel Stock Cooler | Gigabyte GA-H97N-WIFI | HyperX Savage 2x4GB DDR3 | Seagate 500GB | Intel Integrated HD Graphics | Fractal Design Arc Mini R2 | be quiet! Pure Power L8 350W

I am not a professional. I am not an expert. I am just a smartass. Don't try and blame me if you break something when acting upon my advice.

...why are you still reading this?

Snip

Thank you that is what I was looking for, although some links to like jonnyguru would have been nice. Honestly the reason my 750 has done as well as it has even with the insane uptime I've put it through is because my system has never drawn more that 500w even at it's most power hungry setup. The 250w+ headroom I've left it has allowed it to stay way under what it has been built to perform at.

Thinking back to when I mined with my 7950 though I'm so surprised that didn't kill it. I mean it ran in an extremely poor ventilated case (old Antec p180 with 1 working 120mm fan) and my 7950 sitting in the mid 80's for what is close to 1000 hours straight is crazy.

Sky Pollution | i5 3570k @4.8Ghz | MSi z77a g45 | MSi GTX 770 Gaming 2gb | Samsung 840 Evo 250gb, Samsung OEM 500gb HDD | Corsair CX750m | Corsair 760t White Edition |
Corsair M95 | SuperLux 668b's | Logitech C615 | ViewSonic VX2250wm | Random OEM keyboard until I rage break it and grab another random OEM keyboard from my pile.
Build Log: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/186413-sky-pollution-my-white-760t-build-rebuildupgrade/

Thank you that is what I was looking for, although some links to like jonnyguru would have been nice. Honestly the reason my 750 has done as well as it has even with the insane uptime I've put it through is because my system has never drawn more that 500w even at it's most power hungry setup. The 250w+ headroom I've left it has allowed it to stay way under what it has been built to perform at.

Thinking back to when I mined with my 7950 though I'm so surprised that didn't kill it. I mean it ran in an extremely poor ventilated case (old Antec p180 with 1 working 120mm fan) and my 7950 sitting in the mid 80's for what is close to 1000 hours straight is crazy.

You're welcome. They're not good PSUs for anything but basic builds. Some have been known to work well, but that's the thing: some.

Sorry if I sounded rude at all, btw.

Project White Lightning (My ITX Gaming PC): Core i5-4690K | CRYORIG H5 Ultimate | ASUS Maximus VII Impact | HyperX Savage 2x8GB DDR3 | Samsung 850 EVO 250GB | WD Black 1TB | Sapphire RX 480 8GB NITRO+ OC | Phanteks Enthoo EVOLV ITX | Corsair AX760 | LG 29UM67 | CM Storm Quickfire Ultimate | Logitech G502 Proteus Spectrum | HyperX Cloud II | Logitech Z333

Benchmark Results: 3DMark Firestrike: 10,528 | SteamVR VR Ready (avg. quality 7.1) | VRMark 7,004 (VR Ready)

Core i3-6100 | CM Hyper 212 EVO | MSI H110M ECO | Corsair Vengeance LPX 1x8GB DDR4  | ADATA SP550 120GB | Seagate 500GB | EVGA ACX 2.0 GTX 1050 Ti | Fractal Design Core 1500 | Corsair CX450M

Core i5-4590 | Intel Stock Cooler | Gigabyte GA-H97N-WIFI | HyperX Savage 2x4GB DDR3 | Seagate 500GB | Intel Integrated HD Graphics | Fractal Design Arc Mini R2 | be quiet! Pure Power L8 350W

I am not a professional. I am not an expert. I am just a smartass. Don't try and blame me if you break something when acting upon my advice.

I have been to his place and seen it boot on 5ghz but that was when it was way cooler here in Australia 

australia is never cool enough for overclocking :)

Definitely not the best for overclocking and replacement is recommended but it won't burn his house down or anything.

Hey , i got both my gpu and cpu pretty far considering my i7 3770k is at 4.7ghz and gpu is at 1150.

AMD Ryzen R7 1700 (3.8ghz) w/ NH-D14, EVGA RTX 2080 XC (stock), 4*4GB DDR4 3000MT/s RAM, Gigabyte AB350-Gaming-3 MB, CX750M PSU, 1.5TB SDD + 7TB HDD, Phanteks enthoo pro case

Hey , i got both my gpu and cpu pretty far considering my i7 3770k is at 4.7ghz and gpu is at 1150.

Didn't say your system wasn't high end, at all. What I said was that the PSU is not meant to be used for high-end PCs. Quoting Corsair's website:

"CX PSUs are an excellent for basic system builds and desktop PC upgrades."

Some more points on why the CX series is not for higher-end builds:

- The thing is only rated for operation at 30 degrees or below. That is abysmal. A high-end, overclocked system can easily reach that temperature, meaning that you are placing it out of it's rated operation temperature and thus it is more likely to die.

- The capacitor quality is shoddy.

- It has pretty high amounts of ripple, which can shorten the lifespan of components significantly.

They won't burn down your PC or anything, but they are not meant for high-end builds. Corsair themselves say so. There are plenty of options for similar prices that are much higher quality, such as the XFX TS, Seasonic S12 or Antec High Current Gamer. Just because your works does not mean they are good PSUs for high-end systems like yours.