What would you use a two motherboard setup for?

Gaming pc + NAS

Spoiler

CPU: i7-5820k @ 4.4GHz Motherboard: Asus X99 Strix  Graphics Card: Gigabyte 980Ti G1 Gaming Memory: Kingston HyperX Fury 24GB (3x 8GB) Hard Drive: 1TB WD Green SSD: Samsung 950 Pro 250GB CPU Cooling: Corsair H100i Power Supply: EVGA G2 850W Case: Corsair 400c Mouse: Logitech G502 Keyboard: Asus Strix (mx reds)  Monitor: BenQ XL2730Z 1440p@144hz OS: Windows 10 Professional 64-Bit Laptops: Lenovo Y50-70: i7-4720HQ - 16GB RAM - 256GB SSD - GTX 960m 4GB - MacBook Pro (Early 2016) 2,0GHz i5 - 8GB Ram - 256GB SSD Phone: iPhone 7+

balls to the walls System and low power for like NAS or something or browssing the web since that balls to the walls System Drains too much energy

CPU: Xeon 1230v3 - GPU: GTX 770  - SSD: 120GB 840 Evo - HDD: WD Blue 1TB - RAM: Ballistix 8GB - Case: CM N400 - PSU: CX 600M - Cooling: Cooler Master 212 Evo

Update Plans: Mini ITX this bitch

any setup that'd require two physical machines that have to be next to each other either way.

theres plenty to pick from:

- livestreaming setups (theres people that stream with up to 4 computers)

- company servers that need a new servers, but also need an old, legacy system, and have limited space

- home server and desktop in one box

Multitasking on a second monitor while gaming fullscreen on the other. There are KVM switches that swap inputs with keyboard shortcuts. The other monitor could support touch for that matter. Most games these days can handle going back and forth just fine but by no means not all of them, this is where my dual-mobo rig would get handy.

How would it work? Would it restart your computer to get the other mobo working or do they work at the same time? Also is it worth doing?