Need opinion on a laptop

I'm going to start off by saying I'm not sure this is the right forum to ask for tips on a laptop (I'm not even sure this is the place to asking for laptop tips at all), but when I was building my PC I got some much needed help from the people here, so this seemed the best place to ask (and yes, I also have a desktop that I built)

My current laptop is an old 2008 white plastic Macbook, that while it has worked well enough over these past 8 years, it is getting to a point where it just can't do much of anything. Luckily I was able to build my PC that I use more prevalently, or else I was worried I was going to kill it just by playing League on low settings.

I was planning on using money earned working this break to buy some part upgrades for my PC (that aren't needed, I just wanted to), until I cam across this in a Newegg email ad:http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16834315131 And while I know this laptop isn't going to be breaking benchmarks (it is only listed at $500 after all), but it does seem to offer good specs for the price, most notably, the GPU and monitor, and it seems that it will run what games I have (I think my most intensive is Tera) and function well as a college/personal laptop

Now to the overall question of this post: is this a good laptop (for what I need)? And/or does anyone have any suggestions on one that is better with similar or better specs for around the same price? (and I mean $500 or less)

I'm going to start off by saying I'm not sure this is the right forum to ask for tips on a laptop (I'm not even sure this is the place to asking for laptop tips at all), but when I was building my PC I got some much needed help from the people here, so this seemed the best place to ask (and yes, I also have a desktop that I built)

My current laptop is an old 2008 white plastic Macbook, that while it has worked well enough over these past 8 years, it is getting to a point where it just can't do much of anything. Luckily I was able to build my PC that I use more prevalently, or else I was worried I was going to kill it just by playing League on low settings.

I was planning on using money earned working this break to buy some part upgrades for my PC (that aren't needed, I just wanted to), until I cam across this in a Newegg email ad:http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16834315131 And while I know this laptop isn't going to be breaking benchmarks (it is only listed at $500 after all), but it does seem to offer good specs for the price, most notably, the GPU and monitor, and it seems that it will run what games I have (I think my most intensive is Tera) and function well as a college/personal laptop

Now to the overall question of this post: is this a good laptop (for what I need)? And/or does anyone have any suggestions on one that is better with similar or better specs for around the same price? (and I mean $500 or less)

for the price it aint bad..but its a really crappy acer..they don't usually last very long...very low quality

if you don't mind it maybe dying on you within 3 years..then yea...go ahead

If you need remote help fixing something on your computer

I can help over Teamviewer if you wish

just msg me on my profile

Just don't get acer.

Before you buy amp and dac.  My thoughts on the M50x  Ultimate Ears Reference monitor review I might have a thing for audio...

My main Headphones and IEMs:  K612 pro, HD 25 and Ultimate Ears Reference Monitor, HD 580 with HD 600 grills

DAC and AMP: RME ADI 2 DAC

Speakers: Genelec 8040, System Audio SA205

Receiver: Denon AVR-1612

Desktop: R7 1700, GTX 1080  RX 580 8GB and other stuff

Laptop: ThinkPad P50: i7 6820HQ, M2000M. ThinkPad T420s: i7 2640M, NVS 4200M

Feel free to pm me if you have a question for me or quote me. If you want to hear what I have to say about something just tag me.