How to combine C: D: drives into one?

IsaacDaGrazin

Ive got a 2tb hdd but its seperateed into 2 1tb drives (C: D:) how would i have ONE drive such as a 2tb C: instead of having these two

Ive got Ubuntu 14.04 thanks any help is appreciated .3.

post-294880-0-97978400-1451698337.png

Raid 0.

Spoiler

Prometheus (Main Rig)

CPU-Z Verification

Laptop: 

Spoiler

Intel Core i3-5005U, 8GB RAM, Crucial MX 100 128GB, Touch-Screen, Intel 7260 WiFi/Bluetooth card.

Phone:

Game Consoles:

Spoiler

Softmodded Fat PS2 w/ 80GB HDD, and a Dreamcast.

If you want my attention quote my post, or tag me. If you don't use PCPartPicker I will ignore your build.

Ive got a 2tb hdd but its seperateed into 2 1tb drives (C: D:) how would i have ONE drive such as a 2tb C: instead of having these two

Format the drive as one drive... 

Fine you want the PSU tier list? Have the PSU tier list: https://linustechtips.com/main/topic/1116640-psu-tier-list-40-rev-103/

Stille (Desktop)

Ryzen 9 3900XT@4.5Ghz - Cryorig H7 Ultimate - 16GB Vengeance LPX 3000Mhz- MSI RTX 3080 Ti Ventus 3x OC - SanDisk Plus 480GB - Crucial MX500 500GB - Intel 660P 1TB SSD - (2x) WD Red 2TB - EVGA G3 650w - Corsair 760T

Evoo Gaming 15"
i7-9750H - 16GB DDR4 - GTX 1660Ti - 480GB SSD M.2 - 1TB 2.5" BX500 SSD 

VM + NAS Server (ProxMox 6.3)

1x Xeon E5-2690 v2  - 92GB ECC DDR3 - Quadro 4000 - Dell H310 HBA (Flashed with IT firmware) -500GB Crucial MX500 (Proxmox Host) Kingston 128GB SSD (FreeNAS dev/ID passthrough) - 8x4TB Toshiba N300 HDD

Toys: Ender 3 Pro, Oculus Rift CV1, Oculus Quest 2, about half a dozen raspberry Pis (2b to 4), Arduino Uno, Arduino Mega, Arduino nano (x3), Arduino nano pro, Atomic Pi. 

Raid 0.

That works too. Though if its the same HDD, running RAID 0 on a single drive won't do much.

Fine you want the PSU tier list? Have the PSU tier list: https://linustechtips.com/main/topic/1116640-psu-tier-list-40-rev-103/

Stille (Desktop)

Ryzen 9 3900XT@4.5Ghz - Cryorig H7 Ultimate - 16GB Vengeance LPX 3000Mhz- MSI RTX 3080 Ti Ventus 3x OC - SanDisk Plus 480GB - Crucial MX500 500GB - Intel 660P 1TB SSD - (2x) WD Red 2TB - EVGA G3 650w - Corsair 760T

Evoo Gaming 15"
i7-9750H - 16GB DDR4 - GTX 1660Ti - 480GB SSD M.2 - 1TB 2.5" BX500 SSD 

VM + NAS Server (ProxMox 6.3)

1x Xeon E5-2690 v2  - 92GB ECC DDR3 - Quadro 4000 - Dell H310 HBA (Flashed with IT firmware) -500GB Crucial MX500 (Proxmox Host) Kingston 128GB SSD (FreeNAS dev/ID passthrough) - 8x4TB Toshiba N300 HDD

Toys: Ender 3 Pro, Oculus Rift CV1, Oculus Quest 2, about half a dozen raspberry Pis (2b to 4), Arduino Uno, Arduino Mega, Arduino nano (x3), Arduino nano pro, Atomic Pi. 

That works too. Though if its the same HDD, running RAID 0 on a single drive won't do much.

Read the post wrong. OP use GParted to delete the second partition then expand it.

Spoiler

Prometheus (Main Rig)

CPU-Z Verification

Laptop: 

Spoiler

Intel Core i3-5005U, 8GB RAM, Crucial MX 100 128GB, Touch-Screen, Intel 7260 WiFi/Bluetooth card.

Phone:

Game Consoles:

Spoiler

If you want my attention quote my post, or tag me. If you don't use PCPartPicker I will ignore your build.

If it's one physical drive, copy everything over to C:\, delete the D:\ partition and expand the C:\

If it's two physical drives, setup JBOD.

Use diskpart to delete the second partition:

http://knowledge.seagate.com/articles/en_US/FAQ/005929en?language=en_US

Raid 0.

Lol is this trolling?

No you make a partition like you simply go to  Disk Management and mess arround i'm not sure i'll post something... 

You can COMBINE easily in Disk Management with some looking and tweaking.

Lol is this trolling?

No you make a partition like you simply go to  Disk Management and mess arround i'm not sure i'll post something... 

Lol did you read any other post in this thread?

Spoiler

Prometheus (Main Rig)

CPU-Z Verification

Laptop: 

Spoiler

Phone:

Game Consoles:

Spoiler

Lol did you read any other post in this thread?

Its a Linux machine LOL!

No how do you setup RAID 0 without deleteing DRIVE 1 (MAIN HDD DRIVE WITHOUT OS?) PLS HELP

If it's one physical drive, copy everything over to C:\, delete the D:\ partition and expand the C:\

If it's two physical drives, setup JBOD.

Its one physical drive split into 1tb for each drive

Lol is this trolling?

I dont see disk managment anywhere?

configure RAID 0 in BIOS

You really need to read the OP... He's using one physical HDD - even if you could RAID0 the two partitions... that... that would not be a good idea.

@IsaacDaGrazin

First, (if you don't already have it installed), install GParted:

http://ubuntuhandbook.org/index.php/2013/09/install-upgrade-gparted-0-16-2-in-ubuntu-13-04-12-04/

Then, delete the 2nd partition:

http://gparted.org/display-doc.php%3Fname%3Dhelp-manual#gparted-delete-partition

Then expand the first partition with the empty space you just created:

http://gparted.org/display-doc.php%3Fname%3Dhelp-manual#gparted-resize-partition

Any questions, feel free to post below. FYI, I'm not a Linux expert though.

For Sale: Meraki Bundle

iPhone Xr 128 GB Product Red - HP Spectre x360 13" (i5 - 8 GB RAM - 256 GB SSD) - HP ZBook 15v G5 15" (i7-8850H - 16 GB RAM - 512 GB SSD - NVIDIA Quadro P600)

You really need to read the OP... He's using one physical HDD - even if you could RAID0 the two partitions... that... that would not be a good idea.

@IsaacDaGrazin

First, (if you don't already have it installed), install GParted:

http://ubuntuhandbook.org/index.php/2013/09/install-upgrade-gparted-0-16-2-in-ubuntu-13-04-12-04/

Then, delete the 2nd partition:

http://gparted.org/display-doc.php%3Fname%3Dhelp-manual#gparted-delete-partition

Then expand the first partition with the empty space you just created:

http://gparted.org/display-doc.php%3Fname%3Dhelp-manual#gparted-resize-partition

Any questions, feel free to post below. FYI, I'm not a Linux expert though.

Would GParted work with 14.04?

Would GParted work with 14.04?

Yes, I have no reason to suspect otherwise. The specific versions of ubuntu listed in any of those links shouldn't matter.

For Sale: Meraki Bundle

iPhone Xr 128 GB Product Red - HP Spectre x360 13" (i5 - 8 GB RAM - 256 GB SSD) - HP ZBook 15v G5 15" (i7-8850H - 16 GB RAM - 512 GB SSD - NVIDIA Quadro P600)

Hi,

I use Ubuntu Linux 14.04 lts, also. If I understand correctly you have a single drive, that has been split into two logical drives.

Back up whatever you need from both partitions, don't forget websites and other control information (like for email servers).

Then download the latest version of Ubuntu Linux 14.04 LTS and install. Tell it to make the drive as ONE partition, during the install question and answer period.

Once you have done the O S install, and the installs of the applications you normally use, and done all the update cycles, then put onto the drive the files you backed up.

Sounds tedious, but that is the good news. Nothing too complicated, just time and process.

Unlike Windows, the Ubuntu install from 'scratch' takes only a couple of hours, including all the updates.

Good luck