R9 390. Good decision? or Best Decision?

Tomasu

Sorry if I came off a bit rude lol. But literally every time a youtuber or somebody gets 3 way Titan X's or something of the sort, people are always like "vram doesn't stack anyways". And then another group is like "vram will stack in dx12. So usually when I hear the term vram stacking, it has to do with multi- gpu's. But of course like you said, it also means stacking the vram dies on top of each other. 

Current PC: Origin Millennium- i7 5820K @4.0GHz | GTX 980Ti SLI | X99 Deluxe 

Sorry if I came off a bit rude lol. But literally every time a youtuber or somebody gets 3 way Titan X's or something of the sort, people are always like "vram doesn't stack anyways". And then another group is like "vram will stack in dx12. So usually when I hear the term vram stacking, it has to do with multi- gpu's. But of course like you said, it also means stacking the vram dies on top of each other. 

No prob :) I was never a gamer or super enthusiast, or pay much attention to youtube chat. :D

No prob :) I was never a gamer or super enthusiast, or pay much attention to youtube chat. :D

Good choice with the MSI 390 though. Just make sure you have enough room and decent airflow so the load core temps stay in the low 70s.

Good choice with the MSI 390 though. Just make sure you have enough room and decent airflow so the load core temps stay in the low 70s.

That's something I realized I forget to check a day or two ago, if my case has enough room. hah. I'm sure It'll be fine though, its a Corsair 550D. The bottom two drive cages are removable if I need to. Tons of room in there, even with my massive HSF. I'm a bit of a stickler when it comes to noise, so I have some noctua's in there, two big ones on the HSF, one or two on the front, one on the back, and a couple on top. I have all the air flow. Ever. ;)

I need to dust in there again though. So dusty here. Ugh. 

temps should be great. have fun with whatever you plan to use the 390 for! :lol:

temps should be great. have fun with whatever you plan to use the 390 for! :lol:

I asked over at r/linux_gaming and they seem to generally agree with a couple people here, that while I won't get top speed in linux, it won't be horrible :D

Finally got my 390 in today. So excited. Everything boots up and runs. Feels smooth, and is absolutely silent, even when I started up Fallout 4 on ultra. Talk about slick. 

I want to do some testing and OCing, anyone have some suggestions on what I should do first?

It's really nice not to be able to hear my desktop over ambient noise again. I went to some trouble to get it quiet, massive tower heatsink, big quiet fans, etc. It's quiet and I even have the side panel off, so the sound dampening foam in the side panel isn't helping too much. haha.