How long did it take you to become "decent-good" at Cs go ?

nhatduy1611

Just got cs go for myself 5 day ago due to the sales and i'm slowy improving bit by bit. I just won my first competitive match today and it was a really nice comeback on dust 2 even though we were down 4-11 after the first half. I want to know how long did it take for you to reach the ranked that are considered to be "decent-good" at the game like MG1+ ?

Mainboard:ROG-STRIX-B360-G-GAMING/Cpu:I5 8400 /Gpu: Galax RTX 2070 /Ram: Corsair Vengeance 16 GB DDR4/ Storage:1TB HDD 2 Corsair SSD PSU : Corsair 550W/Cooling: Silverstone Air Cooler/ / Case : Corsair/Keyboard:Razer Chroma TKL/Mouse:Mionix Castor+Steelseries Qck Mass/Headphone:V Moda M100 

Quote me if you when me to reply to something. 

I dont consider myself decent good, and I was supreme.

How come ? Smfc is a really high rank already 

Mainboard:ROG-STRIX-B360-G-GAMING/Cpu:I5 8400 /Gpu: Galax RTX 2070 /Ram: Corsair Vengeance 16 GB DDR4/ Storage:1TB HDD 2 Corsair SSD PSU : Corsair 550W/Cooling: Silverstone Air Cooler/ / Case : Corsair/Keyboard:Razer Chroma TKL/Mouse:Mionix Castor+Steelseries Qck Mass/Headphone:V Moda M100 

Quote me if you when me to reply to something. 

Longer than a year.

MG1 is not a decent rank, it's only one step above the majority of all player base.

Eagle and above is a decent rank.

Location: Kaunas, Lithuania, Europe, Earth, Solar System, Local Interstellar Cloud, Local Bubble, Gould Belt, Orion Arm, Milky Way, Milky Way subgroup, Local Group, Virgo Supercluster, Laniakea, Pisces–Cetus Supercluster Complex, Observable universe, Universe.

Spoiler

12700, B660M Mortar DDR4, 32GB 3200C16 Viper Steel, 2TB SN570, EVGA Supernova G6 850W, be quiet! 500FX, EVGA 3070Ti FTW3 Ultra.

I got mg1 after the 10 comp wins, I would say I got my aiming and reflexes skills from my earlier battlefield days

Longboarders/ skaters message me!

Maybe about 200 hours? But now, seriously, the Valve MM sucks, I just play FaceIt, till they fix some of the things and start banning the right people.

I can say I don't consider myself "good" and I've reached supreme as highest. But say DMG can be considered "decent" by many (I'm not one of them since I aim to be the best in most things...even though in CS I wont get best obviosly) but it took me around 300-400 hours reach DMG (It was before all the VAC waves and such because now its a lot easier, helped my brother to MGE in a few days. 

FX-8350 GTX760 16GB RAM 250GB SSD + 1TB HDD

"How many roads must a man walk down?" "42"

Define "Decent-good"? I hardly ever play competitive matches and have been playing for less than a month, but in most casual deathmatches I'm always around the middle of the leader board, so I'm not terrible.

I'd played an awful lot of Bioshock Infinite and Borderlands 2 prior to CS:GO, so... In terms of FPS games I'm not the worst in the world, but I'm by no means the Awesome Deathgrip Overlord.

I'll tell you when I get there.

i7-7700 | Asrock H270M-ITX | Fractal Design Core 500 | 16GB Corsair Vengeance LPX | EVGA GTX 1080 Ti | 850 EVO 500GB | 850 EVO 250GB | WD CavGreen 2TB

EVGA SuperNOVA 550W | Steel Series Elite Prism | Final mouse 2015 | WASD Keyboards V2 (MX Blue) | Acer Predator 1440p 144Hz

5 hours. When I first got on, I played pretty well, but my friends showed me what to do, and after playing with them I consider myself moderately good.

Star Citizen referral codes, to help support your fellow comrades!
UOLTT Discord server, come on over and chat!

i7 4790k/ Bequiet Pure Rock/Asrock h97 PRO4/ 8 GB Crucial TT/ Corsair RM 750/ H-440 Custom/  PNY GT 610

Damn you're like a modular human being. -ThatCoolBlueKidd

The second time I went from pretty good to competition grade was about 2 years of nightly training. You can train reasonable accuracy in a few hundreds of hours but match grade accuracy takes considerably longer. I would estimate with COD European championships I was putting in about 3000 hours before I got selected to run a team and then another 3000 hours in practice and playing the competition itself. I started from a baseline pretty average FPS player but i put in a lot of hours to continuously improve.

So I would estimate for me it was about 1 year of CS, 2 years of COD for a total of 9-10k hours. After I won the match I quit playing and returned to gaming a few years later and found myself pretty average again!

Still getting there, in Global it's insane how good people can get. I have 2,000 hours and there are people still way way better then me. (Global Here)

Intel Core i7 7770K | 32 GB's Ram 3000MHz | GTX 1080 Ti | 250GB SSD | 3TB 7400 RPM | Sound Blaster Z | ASUS ROG MG278Q | Razer Blackwidow Chroma | Final Mouse 2015 | Blue Yeti | Seinheiser HD 600's | Beyerdynamic DT 990 Pro | Aune T1 MK2

Depends on your natural Skill. Some People will never reach the Top, no matter how long they play.

CPU i7 6700k MB  MSI Z170A Pro Carbon GPU Zotac GTX980Ti amp!extreme RAM 16GB DDR4 Corsair Vengeance 3k CASE Corsair 760T PSU Corsair RM750i MOUSE Logitech G9x KB Logitech G910 HS Sennheiser GSP 500 SC Asus Xonar 7.1 MONITOR Acer Predator xb270hu Storage 1x1TB + 2x500GB Samsung 7200U/m - 2x500GB SSD Samsung 850EVO

Depends on your natural Skill. Some People will never reach the Top, no matter how long they play.

Very much this.

You can have perfect aim and know all the spam spots/angles in maps and still be just average. The real skill comes when you're under pressure in 1v2+ situations. Do you often win these scenarios? Are you clutch? Can you carry your team if they're under performing?

Reading and outplaying opponents is something very few people master. People call this "meta game". If you can anticipate what the other team is doing then you're well on your way to becoming a pretty damn good player.

Edited by eLucid

i7 7700k @ 4.9ghz | Asus Maximus IX Hero | G.skill 32gb @ 3200 | Gtx 1080 classified | In win 909 | Samsung 960 pro 1tb | WD caviar blue 1tb x3 | Dell u3417w | Corsair H115i | Ducky premier dk9008p (mx reds) | Logitech g900 | Sennheiser hd 800s w/ hdvd 800 | Audioengine a5+ w/ s8

I don't even know if I'm "decent good"

Certainly never topped the scoreboard yet, but I can manage 1.5+ K/D most of the time.

I mean, I don't consider myself a bad FPS player, I easily top the scoreboard in games like Battlefield 3/4 with 3-6 K/D. But god damn, CS:GO is a whole other level of FPS shooter.

As to how long I've played CS:GO, I started playing 1.6 against bots or friends on lan 4 years back. Played a variety of shooters over the past years. Only recently got into CS:GO though.

5 hours. When I first got on, I played pretty well, but my friends showed me what to do, and after playing with them I consider myself moderately good.

What did you play in those 5 hours?

Looking for a dutch gaming clan? http://fapp-crew.nl/

Most people on here claiming to be "good" will never play beyond cevo-im. That's average, period.

i7 7700k @ 4.9ghz | Asus Maximus IX Hero | G.skill 32gb @ 3200 | Gtx 1080 classified | In win 909 | Samsung 960 pro 1tb | WD caviar blue 1tb x3 | Dell u3417w | Corsair H115i | Ducky premier dk9008p (mx reds) | Logitech g900 | Sennheiser hd 800s w/ hdvd 800 | Audioengine a5+ w/ s8

What did you play in those 5 hours?

mainly bomb scenario with only our friends, about six to eight of us. Three of us were newbies and the rest were high ranks (can't remember what)

Star Citizen referral codes, to help support your fellow comrades!
UOLTT Discord server, come on over and chat!

i7 4790k/ Bequiet Pure Rock/Asrock h97 PRO4/ 8 GB Crucial TT/ Corsair RM 750/ H-440 Custom/  PNY GT 610

Damn you're like a modular human being. -ThatCoolBlueKidd

260hours and I'm sadly only a dmg, currently have my main down in nova 3 trying to tune game sense.

ehh. i personally consider supreme decent (the rank ive been at for a while)

and div 2+ are good players

and any players who perform well at lan i could consider great

it took me about a year from when i picked up css til I made nationals to answer OP's question

after owning the game and seeking improvement for 1 month i found my first team, then started to scrim on private servers

if you want to improve, actively try to improve

most people want to have fun, which is probably the best option unless you want to make money in cs

Fractal Design Core 2500 i7 4770k GA-Z87X-UD5H Cooler Master Hyper D92 Kingston HyperX 8GB  Powercolor r9 390 PCS+ Antec HCG-620M 

I have 250+ hours in game. I have been playing for 8 weeks. Everytime I play I learn something new. No matter how good you get there will always be someone better, this is why I love csgo.

So if your having fun keep playing.

Took me around 10 months or so (500 hours) to get to global with no previous cs experience.

It really depends, I have friends who needed 2.000+ hours to reach global.

CPU: Core i5 4690k                                                   Motherboard: Gigabyte Z97M                     RAM: 16GB HyperX Fury Red                             

GPU: RX 580                                                             Storage: Sandisk Ultra II 240GB                  PSU: Seasonic M12II Evo 520W

Case: NZXT S340 red/black                                      Case lighting: NZXT Hue+                          Mouse: Logitech G502

Cooling: Cooler Master Hyper212 Evo                     Operating system: Windows 10 64-bit

Most people on here claiming to be "good" will never play beyond cevo-im. That's average, period.

Well to be honest teams etc are not 'average' those are good players and not just 'average'.

See image of an example what the rank distribution is

jjpchFd.png

mainly bomb scenario with only our friends, about six to eight of us. Three of us were newbies and the rest were high ranks (can't remember what)

So you were playing casual that's usually a easy gamemode but will not show how good someone will do in competitive, and competitive is harder to learn in just '5' hours. 

Looking for a dutch gaming clan? http://fapp-crew.nl/