How does Coolant works?

Go to solution Solved by JebKerman,

All I've to do is go to my near market & buy distilled water ?

Pretty much, just get the concentration right/near enough. I think 1 L would be enough but  more than you need is better than less.

I've ordered all my parts . all i need is tube & coolant.

I'm just not sure how does mixing all of this works help?

So i'm planning on buying 

3/8 5/8 clear tubing,primochill

I want a white mix of coolant.

Idc if I've to change it every year.

So if i where to get

http://www.performance-pcs.com/xspc-ecx-ultra-concentrate-coolant-100ml-white.html#Additional-Information

Like will i need more then 1lt for 360+240, & d5 140res?

Pretty much, just get the concentration right/near enough. I think 1 L would be enough but  more than you need is better than less.

Aftermarket 980Ti >= Fury X >= Reference 980Ti > Fury > 980 > 390X > 390 >= 970 380X > 380 >= 960 > 950 >= 370 > 750Ti = 360

"The Orange Box" || CPU: i5 4690k || RAM: Kingston Hyper X Fury 16GB || Case: Aerocool DS200 (Orange) || Cooler: Cryorig R1 Ultimate || Storage: Kingston SSDNow V300 240GB + WD Black 1TB || PSU: Corsair RM750 || Mobo: ASUS Z97-A || GPU: EVGA GTX 970 FTW+

"Unnamed Form Factor Switch" || CPU: i7 6700K || RAM: Kingston HyperX Fury 16GB || Case: Phanteks Enthoo Evolv Mini ITX (White) || Cooler: Cryorig R1 Ultimate (Green Cover) || Storage: Samsung 850 Evo 1TB || PSU: XFX XTR 550W || Mobo: ASUS Z170I Pro Gaming || GPU: EVGA GTX 970 FTW+

Well, I'd also stick to the simple distilled water, it's cheap and safe.

As for me, all of these coolants changed colours over quite short time, especially pastel.

I'd just use distilled water :P

coolants come with anti-corrosives and anti-bacterial agents the later is always something you really should always add (though biocide or silver), the former is more a safeguard.

Aftermarket 980Ti >= Fury X >= Reference 980Ti > Fury > 980 > 390X > 390 >= 970 380X > 380 >= 960 > 950 >= 370 > 750Ti = 360

"The Orange Box" || CPU: i5 4690k || RAM: Kingston Hyper X Fury 16GB || Case: Aerocool DS200 (Orange) || Cooler: Cryorig R1 Ultimate || Storage: Kingston SSDNow V300 240GB + WD Black 1TB || PSU: Corsair RM750 || Mobo: ASUS Z97-A || GPU: EVGA GTX 970 FTW+

"Unnamed Form Factor Switch" || CPU: i7 6700K || RAM: Kingston HyperX Fury 16GB || Case: Phanteks Enthoo Evolv Mini ITX (White) || Cooler: Cryorig R1 Ultimate (Green Cover) || Storage: Samsung 850 Evo 1TB || PSU: XFX XTR 550W || Mobo: ASUS Z170I Pro Gaming || GPU: EVGA GTX 970 FTW+

Ok thanks good to know.

use mayhems coolants only, they are the best for coloured stuff

NEW PC build: Blank Heaven   minimalist white and black PC     Old S340 build log "White Heaven"        The "LIGHTCANON" flashlight build log        Project AntiRoll (prototype)        Custom speaker project

Spoiler

Ryzen 3950X | AMD Vega Frontier Edition | ASUS X570 Pro WS | Corsair Vengeance LPX 64GB | NZXT H500 | Seasonic Prime Fanless TX-700 | Custom loop | Coolermaster SK630 White | Logitech MX Master 2S | Samsung 980 Pro 1TB + 970 Pro 512GB | Samsung 58" 4k TV | Scarlett 2i4 | 2x AT2020

use mayhems coolants only, they are the best for coloured stuff

i want to try this one out In the future i'll just buy Ice dragon since my build is all white.

I'll change the coolant every 8-10 months 

+  I heard with ice dragon I don't have to change it .

i want to try this one out In the future i'll just buy Ice dragon since my build is all white.

Well this is the stuff mayhems went in collaboration with to make pastel.

Well this is the stuff mayhems went in collaboration with to make pastel.

after jayz video, don't really want to mess around with mayhems.

you always have to change any fluid every year or two

and mayhems is the best because it looks good for the longest time without clogging up your waterblocks

NEW PC build: Blank Heaven   minimalist white and black PC     Old S340 build log "White Heaven"        The "LIGHTCANON" flashlight build log        Project AntiRoll (prototype)        Custom speaker project

Spoiler

Ryzen 3950X | AMD Vega Frontier Edition | ASUS X570 Pro WS | Corsair Vengeance LPX 64GB | NZXT H500 | Seasonic Prime Fanless TX-700 | Custom loop | Coolermaster SK630 White | Logitech MX Master 2S | Samsung 980 Pro 1TB + 970 Pro 512GB | Samsung 58" 4k TV | Scarlett 2i4 | 2x AT2020

Thank's all i'll just buy Ice dragon it's done.

Not really. Recently J2C and many other people have had theirs loose colour/go brown, and the owner of the company was being an idiot.

Then what do you use? Im going to stick to mayhem no matter what Jay says.

Just be prepared for a possible colour change. 

Im using premix and well its a little more transparent than i wish it was but also its been like that since the beginning.

Another alternative is Aqua computer coolant http://shop.aquacomputer.de/product_info.php?products_id=2467

Its not mayhem because the company is english and this is made in germany.

Then what do you use? Im going to stick to mayhem no matter what Jay says.

I don't know the guy that owns mayhem's kinda looked like an ass on twitter... I don't even like marginally bad customer service, so I will never buy mayhem's. Like I'm all for peoples own opinions, but as soon as someone starts attacking people personally, because what they think or said. Then that's to far. I mean they were insulting jays water cooling skills saying he should stick to air, but he has been doing Liquid cooling for 7+ years, so I think he knows a thing or two...

after jayz video, don't really want to mess around with mayhems.

Its not part of mayhem. They just collaborated to make pastel.

All the coloured liquids split and change colour, its the nature of the mixing in little particles into your loop that will start to lay down in low flow or restricted places. You will definitely be cleaning it out after a year along with desperately trying to clean out all your components too.

There is another way, distilled water and biocide. The biocide stops the algae growth and with nothing else in there it doesn't drop stuff in your loop. I have had distilled water loops run for 2 years without a change and no issues, because well there are no particles to cause issues. I used Thermochills coloured premix before I learnt that lesson (and the more experienced watercoolers were telling me that liquid split and I ignored them because Thermochill said they had cracked the problem!!!).

I know its going to fall on deaf ears, it has been ever since the Mayhems thing with Jayz happened and people are still recommending coloured loops. I have been watercooling my PC for 10 years, you really do ignore this advice at your own peril because I have seen every friggin scandal on these premixed liquids come and go like 5 times now. Nobody seems to learn the lesson.

There is another way, distilled water and biocide.

For me that is not a option i want style.

For me that is not a option i want style.

56327183.jpg