Is my PSU Ok ?

Dicehunter
Just opened up Corsair link and after watching a review my numbers aren't looking right, The numbers the red arrows are pointing to in the pic for the 12, 5 and 3v, Should they not be 12, 5 and 3 ?

Idle -

y4aqrdP.png

Load - 

HYi7nff.png

As you can see even with a full system load the lower 5va never touches 5v and the 3.3va never moves from 1.40 at all.

In an OC3D review video with a 200w load his amp reading were sitting at 5 and 3.3 yet when I have a 400w load or more my amp readings are only at 3.60 and 1.40.

Could it be a fault ? RMA time ? Or is this normal ?

Battle.Net - Dicehunter#2746

Origin - Dicehunter

Steam - Dicehunter

Uplay - Dicehunter

Check them in your bios, the board'll have the correct voltages if the power supply doesn't

-SNIP-

Those look to be bad software readings, the best is to always get a multimeter to probe the connections for an accurate reading. The system would have major issues if that voltage was the case.

Amperage readings are different from voltage.

Edited by W-L

Check them in your bios, the board'll have the correct voltages if the power supply doesn't

The bios only displays the "V" and not the "A" like in the software, I've seen in an OC3D video that the 5VA and 3.3VA readings were both at 5 and 3.3 so I'm just worried my PSU might be borked :(

Origin - Dicehunter

Steam - Dicehunter

Uplay - Dicehunter

The bios only displays the "V" and not the "A" like in the software, I've seen in an OC3D video that the 5VA and 3.3VA readings were both at 5 and 3.3 so I'm just worried my PSU might be borked :(

You know that A is Current (Amps) and V is Volts, right?

I almost broke my face with facepalming then. Your power supply is fine. I just didn't read the image properly with the first post.

You know that A is Current (Amps) and V is Volts, right?

I almost broke my face with facepalming then. Your power supply is fine. I just didn't read the image properly with the first post.

Sorry bud I forgot to mention that in an OC3D review video with a 200w load his amp reading were sitting at 5 and 3.3 yet when I have a 400w load or more my amp readings are only at 3.60 and 1.40.

Origin - Dicehunter

Steam - Dicehunter

Uplay - Dicehunter

Sorry bud I forgot to mention that in an OC3D review video with a 200w load his amp reading were sitting at 5 and 3.3 yet when I have a 400w load or more my amp readings are only at 3.60 and 1.40.

Well, it says that your power supply is outputting 356w

p=iv

26*12=312

3.6*5=18

1.4*3.3= 4.62

Add 'em all up and Voilá.

Ok your missing the difference between amps and voltage. The bottom readings are amps and do not match the voltage, the voltages are fine at 12.00V, 5.00V and 3.30V, current changes due to load and can increase. 

When you multiply current and voltage you get power in watts:

Power (W)= Current(A) x Voltage(V)

For your total load you ahve a wattage of ~342W

Ok your missing the difference between amps and voltage. The bottom readings are amps and do not match the voltage, the voltages are fine at 12.00V, 5.00V and 3.30V, current changed due to load and can increase. 

When you multiply current and voltage you get power in watts:

Power (W)= Current(A) x Voltage(V)

For your total load you ahve a wattage of ~342W

Well, it says that your power supply is outputting 356w

p=iv

26*12=312

3.6*5=18

1.4*3.3= 4.62

Add 'em all up and Voilá.

Thanks peeps, I was just a little confused as in an OC3D review pulling roughly 200w these were his readings - 

YTizwnG.png?1

And me pulling around 200w these are my readings hence my confusion -

AnTFc7H.png?2

Origin - Dicehunter

Steam - Dicehunter

Uplay - Dicehunter

Thanks peeps, I was just a little confused as in an OC3D review pulling roughly 200w these were his readings - 

-PIC-

And me pulling around 200w these are my readings hence my confusion -

You would just multiple the voltage above with the amps below and add all three up to get your total wattage and the amperage will change depending on the system hardware and how it's setup/configured.

Also for the photo below on yours your only drawing about 115W not 200W.

You would just multiple the voltage above with the amps below and add all three up to get your total wattage and the amperage will change depending on the system hardware and how it's setup/configured.

Also for the photo below on yours your only drawing about 115W not 200W.

Thanks for the reply.

Well I just ran unigine heaven and the 3.3 V amp reading at the bottom didn't budge 1 digit which is what is concerning me considering in reviews I've seen that number go up and down.

Origin - Dicehunter

Steam - Dicehunter

Uplay - Dicehunter