Battle net frequent disconnects?

xnoobftw

Hello! 

Okay so my brother has been having this issues with battlenet...

He gets randomly disconnected from battlenet nowadays...

The only things that have changed since then was that he started playing heros of the storm, me building a new PC from scratch for my parents and me getting starcraft 2 LotV.

However, coincidentally or not, he seems to be getting disconnects when im on my PC (like when im off the chair doing something else where with my PC on he doesnt get disconnected, but once i touch the PC some voodoo magic happens and i hear him stomp out from his room ready to rape me)

Anyone has any ideas? It seems to happen to him for diablo3, Hearthstone and heros of the storm

The BBQ: i7-4770 / 212x / Tri-X R9 290x 1075/1400 / MSI H87-G43 GAMING / EVGA G2 850W / Corsair Spec 03 / Samsung 840 EVO 250gb SSD / Toshiba 2TB HDD / 8gb Kingston DDR3 1600mhz

Peripherals: G710+ / G502 / Bose Companion 2 Series III / Audio Technica ATH-M40x / Sound Magic E50

Monitors: Dell U2414H 

1, How is your network setup.

2, Is network prioritization on.

3, is their an IP conflict.

4, do you have packet loss issues on his PC? (use www.pingtest.net only works with IE like 11? Requires java) 

5, what is your internet bandwidth (as in speed)

1, How is your network setup.

2, Is network prioritization on.

3, is their an IP conflict.

4, do you have packet loss issues on his PC? (use www.pingtest.net only works with IE like 11? Requires java) 

5, what is your internet bandwidth (as in speed)

1.  im on cat 6 while he is on powerline

2. No idea

3. We do get disconnected when we play bf4 so maybe? 

4. I'll have to try it out

5. 10mbps connection (abt 1.1~1.2 megabytes per sec)

The BBQ: i7-4770 / 212x / Tri-X R9 290x 1075/1400 / MSI H87-G43 GAMING / EVGA G2 850W / Corsair Spec 03 / Samsung 840 EVO 250gb SSD / Toshiba 2TB HDD / 8gb Kingston DDR3 1600mhz

Peripherals: G710+ / G502 / Bose Companion 2 Series III / Audio Technica ATH-M40x / Sound Magic E50

1.  im on cat 6 while he is on powerline

2. No idea

3. We do get disconnected when we play bf4 so maybe? 

4. I'll have to try it out

5. 10mbps connection (abt 1.1~1.2 megabytes per sec)

what router? what modem?

If you need remote help fixing something on your computer

I can help over Teamviewer if you wish

just msg me on my profile

what router? what modem?

Stock router and stock modem from ISP. Problem is that only he disconnects (the entire PC cant use internet) while i still can...

Stock router and stock modem from ISP. Problem is that only he disconnects (the entire PC cant use internet) while i still can...

hard reset both..modem and router

you didn't say the brand or model number

If you need remote help fixing something on your computer

I can help over Teamviewer if you wish

just msg me on my profile

If you had IP conflict then the PCs sharing the same IP address and assuming you are using windows, you would have seen a popup mentioning the IP conflict (unless suppressed).

If all the hardware is setup correctly then you need to check the cabling next (if its a wired network) or check the WiFi channel used. I had issues where due to a different channel selection I could not log on the network and could not the internet.

If he is on powerline (that's ethernet through power outlet?) then try putting him cable or wifi and see if his internet still gets cut off if not then my guess is when you start using your PC it draws so much power from the wall it literally deteriorates the signal being sent to your brothers PC VIA powerline to the point of it not being usable. This is kinda sorta a common problem with that kind of tech that no one really talks about...

hard reset both..modem and router

you didn't say the brand or model number

How? 

I dont know the brand or model number at all xD

If you had IP conflict then the PCs sharing the same IP address and assuming you are using windows, you would have seen a popup mentioning the IP conflict (unless suppressed).

If all the hardware is setup correctly then you need to check the cabling next (if its a wired network) or check the WiFi channel used. I had issues where due to a different channel selection I could not log on the network and could not the internet.

His problem only arises when my PC is on so far tho...

If he is on powerline (that's ethernet through power outlet?) then try putting him cable or wifi and see if his internet still gets cut off if not then my guess is when you start using your PC it draws so much power from the wall it literally deteriorates the signal being sent to your brothers PC VIA powerline to the point of it not being usable. This is kinda sorta a common problem with that kind of tech that no one really talks about...

This might sound legit.... Because whenever my PC is on he gets this issue of being disconnected entirely

Alright, we'll try plugging him into the network either with wifi or an ethernet cable. If both PC's work then it's the powerline adapter thing that is causing the issue.. Also, select best answer when problem is solved.