Can't seem to get z506 Logitech rear speakers to work with my pc

Go to solution Solved by Aniallation,

Just to make sure, which ports do I plug the 6 ch audio black and orange into on my mobo? line in, rs out, line out ( green cable already in), cs out, ss out?

Green -> Line out (top middle, red)

Black -> CS out (bottom middle)

Orange -> RS out (bottom right)

Hi,

Just installing my new z506 logitech speakers an cant seem to get the rear ones to work.

I'm not sure my if I need a sound card due to my mobo not containing a 6 ch audio port or I'm just not connecting it right. 

MOBO:

MSI z97a Gaming 7

http://www.pcper.com/files/imagecache/article_max_width/review/2014-05-10/04-rear-panel.jpg

Any help would be great.

Cheers.

Are you sure you're connecting it right, and that you're actually playing content that will make use of the rear speakers? Refer to your motherboard manual for where to plug which color connector, and make sure that your system is set up in the sound settings to 5.1 surround as well. It's annoying how motherboard makers don't color code the analog audio connections anymore.

"Rawr XD"

Are you sure you're connecting it right, and that you're actually playing content that will make use of the rear speakers? Refer to your motherboard manual for where to plug which color connector, and make sure that your system is set up in the sound settings to 5.1 surround as well.

Just to make sure, which ports do I plug the 6 ch audio black and orange into on my mobo? line in, rs out, line out ( green cable already in), cs out, ss out?

"Rawr XD"

Ok thanks alot man, just think its a cofig issue with the rear colliding with the subwoofer