Windows folder questions

Mao_Zedong

So I am trying to organize all the pictures on my computer, and I want to know how to do some things, or if they are even possible. The reason I can't do these manually is that i have around 2000 pictures, so it would take way too long. First off, is there a way to merge two folders, but only keep the pictures that are in both? Also, is there a way to automatically delete photos with different names, but the same picture? Thanks.

So I am trying to organize all the pictures on my computer, and I want to know how to do some things, or if they are even possible. The reason I can't do these manually is that i have around 2000 pictures, so it would take way too long. First off, is there a way to merge two folders, but only keep the pictures that are in both? Also, is there a way to automatically delete photos with different names, but the same picture? Thanks.

You can cut and paste the pictures from one folder to the other, and wait for it to detect duplicates via file name.

LIBERATOR: Core i5 6400 @ 2.7GHz | GeForce GTX 670 2 GB | HyperX Fury 8GB DDR4 @ 2133 MHz | 250 GB Samsung 850 Evo SSD
My new build; Liberator, Check it out

The more friendly we are, the more helpful we are!

MY OLD BUILD (AKA PREBUILT MONSTROSITY)
INSANITY: AMD Athlon II X2 @ 3.0 GHz | Geforce GT 720 2 GB | 4 GB DDR3 @ 1333 MHz | 120 GB Silicon Power SSD | 500 GB Hitachi HDD

You can cut and paste the pictures from one folder to the other, and wait for it to detect duplicates via file name.

Yeah, i guess that works I didn't think of that.

I haven't done this yet. I use free version of Zoner Photo Studio which is same kind with Adobe Lightroom. For pure file comparison I can recommend FreeFileSync.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv

I personally recommend Toucan (http://portableapps.com/apps/utilities/toucan). I used to use this to sync my local code with my USB thumdrive (back when Git wasn't a thing and I didn't know about SVN). It has a diff function which lets you either mirror two folders (copy files in two directions so that both have exactly the same files). You can probably mirror your folders and delete one.