Hey guys, I just got a new SSD for my gaming computer. From what I've read online games can shorten the life of SSD's from the constant reading and writing, I escpecially read this alot about Minecraft. So I've moved my Steam library to my 1 TB WD Black. This works perfectly, while my Minecraft refuses to do this. When I try to change the game directory from my ssd to my hard drive, it allows me to, but as soon as I delete the Minecraft files on my SSD thinking that they were moved to my hard drive, it makes me redownload the Minecraft version I am playing. And when I go back to my roaming folder on the SSD the Minecraft files are back. And when I reopen the Minecraft launcher, the game directory has been changed back to the SSD. I really want all my games to be running from my hard drive, not the SSD, so pleaselet me know if yall have any solutions.

Having your minecraft on your SSD would make no difference in it's lifespan. At all.

FX-6300 cooled by Nepton 240M | EVGA GTX 970 SuperClocked | 8GB G.Skill ValueRAM | Cooler Master 690 III | Sharkoon WMP 500 Bronze

Power supplies:

http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/406160-psu-ranking-and-tiers/ My F@h stats: http://fah-web.stanford.edu/cgi-bin/main.py?qtype=userpage&username=zyntaxable Intel vs. FX for gaming: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/401217-more-updated-fx-vs-intel-for-gaming/

Hey guys, I just got a new SSD for my gaming computer. From what I've read online games can shorten the life of SSD's from the constant reading and writing, I escpecially read this alot about Minecraft. So I've moved my Steam library to my 1 TB WD Black. This works perfectly, while my Minecraft refuses to do this. When I try to change the game directory from my ssd to my hard drive, it allows me to, but as soon as I delete the Minecraft files on my SSD thinking that they were moved to my hard drive, it makes me redownload the Minecraft version I am playing. And when I go back to my roaming folder on the SSD the Minecraft files are back. And when I reopen the Minecraft launcher, the game directory has been changed back to the SSD. I really want all my games to be running from my hard drive, not the SSD, so pleaselet me know if yall have any solutions.

uninstall it from ssd then reintall it on HDD if you can't just move it over. but idk why that matter i have all my games on my 1TB SSD the life span should be the same with games on it

Really?? A lot of places that I have read say that the constant reading/writing from games wears them out. I just got this SSD for Christmas, and I'm just trying to learn the best way to prolong its life, don't wanna kill it right away lol

Really?? A lot of places that I have read say that the constant reading/writing from games wears them out. I just got this SSD for Christmas, and I'm just trying to learn the best way to prolong its life, don't wanna kill it right away lol

Define "a lot"

And who are this peoples, I'm curious because i have games on a ssd and so far notice nothing, then again it's Been tops 1 year since I got it...

Honestly, I just searched again online, and I can't find any links saying that now. Would yall suggest running it on the SSD? It is Samsung 850 EVO 250GB. Right now I only have the OS and a few programs on it, then all my games are on a 1TB WD Black, and I plan on putting my Documents, Pictures, etc on my 1TB WD Blue. Let me know what yall suggest. The post I thought I read may have been talking about older SSDs as well, they may have changed in current SSDs. Let me know.

I did finally find a person that said games will wear SSDs out faster due to constant read and write, but another guy replied after him saying that modern SSDs have improved greatly on read/write lifespan as long as you are getting good quality SSDs.

It won't wear out as fast as some people describe it, 50GB a day for 10years is what I've been hearing.

But Minecraft is a very save heavy game, one of the most IMO, I single player it saves once every 3seconds last time I checked.

I could be wrong, but it'll be fine if as long as you dont run a server off it.

Cool, thanks very much. I may have to get a 1TB SSD when prices go down quite a bit. 250GB is no where near enough space for games, I bought it for my os and a few programs.