Building a gaming/video editing pc

madskristiansen

Hello, i am about to build my very first gaming pc, but i dont know which parts will be good for my needs.

Im searching for a pc, that is able to do some video-editing and play games such as gta v and farcry 4 on high settings. 

The case have to be good looking and since i am a newbie in pc-building, it also needs to be easy to work in.

My current thoughts are this: 

Nzxt H440 New Edition white - nice looks, quiet and the white colour matches my room rather good

Evga SuperNova 750w fully modular 80+ gold - i have heard a lot of positive thoughts on this psu

Msi z97s Krait - i dont have the needs for a z170a build and this motherboard is good in price and is also good looking as well as it has all connection options, that i need

I54690k - good performance and it is available to overclock when i need it in a few years

Hyperx 8gb ddr3 white - good looking and cheap

SSD: 120gb Sandisk - had it lying around anyways

HDD: Have different harddrives already

GPU: Have an old gtx 760 reference lying around. Considering the white msi gtx 960 sometimes in the future

Looking forward to some suggestions :)

get a XEON E3 1231v3. Miles better for video editing.

or if you need to "budget" get a FX 8350. The FX wont be AS good as the 4690k in gaming, but it will be notably better in video editing.

get a XEON E3 1231v3. Miles better for video editing.

or if you need to "budget" get a FX 8350. The FX wont be AS good as the 4690k in gaming, but it will be notably better in video editing.

Can i run my pc without a gpu, if i choose AMD? They dont have integrated graphics..

Can i run my pc without a gpu, if i choose AMD? They dont have integrated graphics..

what?

AMD FX line doesn't have intergrated graphics, if u really want that then i would recommend using the AMD A8 or A10.

and Prysin is right, get a Xeon and slap a mid end gpu on it then you are all settled:)

What Supernova 750 watt? There's the NEX/G1 which is mediocre, the G2, the GQ, and the GS, which are really good.

It is a G2 model