MSI or Sapphire ?

Ethre

I am going to order a new graphics card soon, but I can't choose which 380 I should get.

The Sapphire Nitro 380 4GB Backplate version is priced at 241€ with a 2 year warranty.

The MSI one is priced at 254€ with a 3 year warranty. I also have an MSI motherboard which would look really nice.

But I am honestly not sure which one should I get. Any suggestions?

Sapphire is good.

But if you feel MSI, go for it. They're good too!

Intel Core i3 2100 @ 3.10GHz - Intel Stock Cooler - Zotac Geforce GT 610 2GB Synergy Edition

Intel DH61WW - Corsair® Value Select 4GBx1 DDR3 1600 MHz - Antec BP-300P PSU

WD Green 1TB - Seagate 2.5" HDD 1TB - Seagate Barracuda 500GB - Antec X1 E.

Sapphire is the king of AMD Gpus. Go with the Sapphire

Yeah but they provide 2 year warranty though. Isn't it worth paying a bit more to get a 3 year warranty?

Either would be great. both are some of the top AMD resellers (sapphire has the slightly better cooler, MSI (probably) has better support, and colour matching)

Aftermarket 980Ti >= Fury X >= Reference 980Ti > Fury > 980 > 390X > 390 >= 970 380X > 380 >= 960 > 950 >= 370 > 750Ti = 360

"The Orange Box" || CPU: i5 4690k || RAM: Kingston Hyper X Fury 16GB || Case: Aerocool DS200 (Orange) || Cooler: Cryorig R1 Ultimate || Storage: Kingston SSDNow V300 240GB + WD Black 1TB || PSU: Corsair RM750 || Mobo: ASUS Z97-A || GPU: EVGA GTX 970 FTW+

"Unnamed Form Factor Switch" || CPU: i7 6700K || RAM: Kingston HyperX Fury 16GB || Case: Phanteks Enthoo Evolv Mini ITX (White) || Cooler: Cryorig R1 Ultimate (Green Cover) || Storage: Samsung 850 Evo 1TB || PSU: XFX XTR 550W || Mobo: ASUS Z170I Pro Gaming || GPU: EVGA GTX 970 FTW+

Yeah but they provide 2 year warranty though. Isn't it worth paying a bit more to get a 3 year warranty?

Not really no, your paying more for a worse product just because it has a longer warranty. As long as you don't mistreat it the Sapphire will last a long time

I am going to order a new graphics card soon, but I can't choose which 380 I should get.

The Sapphire Nitro 380 4GB Backplate version is priced at 241€ with a 2 year warranty.

The MSI one is priced at 254€ with a 3 year warranty. I also have an MSI motherboard which would look really nice.

But I am honestly not sure which one should I get. Any suggestions?

Sapphire is very long make sure it fits in your case. I had to take out the HDD cages in my H440 to fit mine in. Also because it's so big it tends to sag abit. If you are scared it'll break your PCI-E slot then I might be weary. I've had mine in for a few weeks now and it's not broken anything (It has dipped about 3-5mm ish tho), but if you have a cheap mobo that feels like it's gonna break any moment I wouldn't put my $$$ on it.

Not really no, your paying more for a worse product just because it has a longer warranty. As long as you don't mistreat it the Sapphire will last a long time

I'm trying to think why Sapphire is making their cards look simple with their design, when if they made them look better like they used to do before they could sell them way better

Sapphire is very long make sure it fits in your case. I had to take out the HDD cages in my H440 to fit mine in. Also because it's so big it tends to sag abit. If you are scared it'll break your PCI-E slot then I might be weary. I've had mine in for a few weeks now and it's not broken anything (It has dipped about 3-5mm ish tho), but if you have a cheap mobo that feels like it's gonna break any moment I wouldn't put my $$$ on it.

I have a Zalman Z3+ case, so if sagging became an issue, I could screw in the GPU handle and it would be fine. It should definately fit in my case, but I am going to check it just in case. And I might order the sapphire one tommorrow :)

Still wanting to order the MSI one so bad, but I think the sapphire will do just fine.

What I don't understand is that it's saying  that the card is 237.35 x 126.15 x 37 Dimension /mm on the website,  and for some reason NZXT H440 is saying that their GPU Clearance With HDD Cage: 294mm .

For me Sapphire is the way to go with AMD, just like it is EVGA on the nVidia side. Two amazing companies.

Intel i7 7820X (delidded) @ 4.9GHz - MSI X299 M7 ACK + EKWB Fullcover Block - G.Skill Trident Z 32GB @ 3466MHz - nVidia Titan Xp + EKWB Fullcover Block @ 2.1GHz - Samsung 960Pro 2x - WDD Blue 2TB - Seasonic 750W Platinum - modded Corsair 600C - Hardtubed Custom Watercooling

What I don't understand is that it's saying  that the card is 237.35 x 126.15 x 37 Dimension /mm on the website,  and for some reason NZXT H440 is saying that their GPU Clearance With HDD Cage: 294mm .

here is some picture of my card and case.

gpu with end space in h440, no HDD cages

m9dbU8r.jpg

GPU in case

fAhrRH9.jpg

comparison with a water bottle

onfCrE0.jpg

10/10 image quality, was take in the dark with my phones flash, please no hate.

gpu with end space in h440, no HDD cages

m9dbU8r.jpg

GPU in case

fAhrRH9.jpg

comparison with a water bottle

onfCrE0.jpg

10/10 image quality, was take in the dark with my phones flash, please no hate.

wow that's long. 

yeah i'll probably order that one but the backplate version.

it seriously looks LONG though. holy fucking shit

i know for sure that the 380 will fit in my case because i previously had an msi r9 270x inside it and it fitted just fine. the 270x was a bit longer.

thank you for the effort

wait, is that a R9 390?

wait, is that a R9 390?

390x

390x

yeah i'll be getting the 380 which only has 2 fans :D can't afford that man

yeah i'll be getting the 380 which only has 2 fans :D can't afford that man

If it's just the 2 fans, then i would personally go with the MSi if it's the same price. Sapphire is known for their Tri-X cooler and not 2 fan. While MSI has always been 2 fans and been know for it's cooling.

If it's just the 2 fans, then i would personally go with the MSi if it's the same price. Sapphire is known for their Tri-X cooler and not 2 fan. While MSI has always been 2 fans and been know for it's cooling.

Yeah I'm still thinking. A lot of people is saying that I should definately go with the sapphire one, but I never owned a Sapphire card and MSI is a trustable brand for me. Plus it got the looks you know

The Tri-X is their newer, larger cooler design.

The dual fan coolers are still just as good -- it is the older cooler found on the early R-200 series, HD 7000 and (6000 series?) GPU's.

I have three cards that uses the two-fan cooler, and they work fantastic

• HD 7970 GHz Edition Vapor-X
  • HD 7970 Dual-X
  • HD 7950 Boost Edition Vapor-X

(yeah...Dual-X for two fans, Tri-X for three fans...)

Intel Z390 Rig ( *NEW* Primary )

Intel X99 Rig (Officially Decommissioned, Dead CPU returned to Intel)

• i7-8086K @ 5.1 GHz
  • Gigabyte Z390 Aorus Master
  • Sapphire NITRO+ RX 6800 XT S.E + EKwb Quantum Vector Full Cover Waterblock
  • 32GB G.Skill TridentZ DDR4-3000 CL14 @ DDR-3400 custom CL15 timings
  • SanDisk 480 GB SSD + 1TB Samsung 860 EVO +  500GB Samsung 980 + 1TB WD SN750
  • EVGA SuperNOVA 850W P2 + Red/White CableMod Cables
  • Lian-Li O11 Dynamic EVO XL
  • Ekwb Custom loop + 2x EKwb Quantum Surface P360M Radiators
  • Logitech G502 Proteus Spectrum + Corsair K70 (Red LED, anodized black, Cheery MX Browns)

AMD Ryzen Rig

• AMD R7-5800X
  • Gigabyte B550 Aorus Pro AC
  • 32GB (16GB X 2) Crucial Ballistix RGB DDR4-3600
  • Gigabyte Vision RTX 3060 Ti OC
  • EKwb D-RGB 360mm AIO
  • Intel 660p NVMe 1TB + Crucial MX500 1TB + WD Black 1TB HDD
  • EVGA P2 850W + White CableMod cables
  • Lian-Li LanCool II Mesh - White

Intel Z97 Rig (Decomissioned)

• Intel i5-4690K 4.8 GHz
  • ASUS ROG Maximus VII Hero Z97
  • Sapphire Vapor-X HD 7950 EVGA GTX 1070 SC Black Edition ACX 3.0
  • 20 GB (8GB X 2 + 4GB X 1) Corsair Vengeance DDR3 1600 MHz
  • Corsair A50 air cooler  NZXT X61
  • Crucial MX500 1TB SSD + SanDisk Ultra II 240GB SSD + WD Caviar Black 1TB HDD + Kingston V300 120GB SSD [non-gimped version]
  • Antec New TruePower 550W EVGA G2 650W + White CableMod cables
  • Cooler Master HAF 912 White NZXT S340 Elite w/ white LED stips

AMD 990FX Rig (Decommissioned)

• FX-8350 @ 4.8 / 4.9 GHz (given up on the 5.0 / 5.1 GHz attempt)
  • ASUS ROG Crosshair V Formula 990FX
  • 12 GB (4 GB X 3) G.Skill RipJawsX DDR3 @ 1866 MHz
  • Sapphire Vapor-X HD 7970 + Sapphire Dual-X HD 7970 in Crossfire  Sapphire NITRO R9-Fury in Crossfire *NONE*
  • Thermaltake Frio w/ Cooler Master JetFlo's in push-pull
  • Samsung 850 EVO 500GB SSD + Kingston V300 120GB SSD + WD Caviar Black 1TB HDD
  • Corsair TX850 (ver.1)
  • Cooler Master HAF 932

<> Electrical Engineer , B.Eng <>

<> Electronics & Computer Engineering Technologist (Diploma + Advanced Diploma) <>

<> Electronics Engineering Technician for the Canadian Department of National Defence <>