SSD Help

SmilesRising

so im have now cloned my HDD to my SSD but everytime i try to boot up using my SSD it wont work. ive changed in the BIOS so the SSD is the boot drive but it doesnt work.. Help?

Watches and computers                    

so im have now cloned my HDD to my SSD but everytime i try to boot up using my SSD it wont work. ive changed in the BIOS so the SSD is the boot drive but it doesnt work.. Help?

How so does it not work? Does the BIOS say there is no boot device or does Windows does not work?

"We're all in this together, might as well be friends" Tom, Toonami.

mini eLiXiVy: my open source 65% mechanical PCB, a build log, PCB anatomy and discussing open source licenses: https://linustechtips.com/topic/1366493-elixivy-a-65-mechanical-keyboard-build-log-pcb-anatomy-and-how-i-open-sourced-this-project/

mini_cardboard: a 4% keyboard build log and how keyboards workhttps://linustechtips.com/topic/1328547-mini_cardboard-a-4-keyboard-build-log-and-how-keyboards-work/

do a proper clean install

NEW PC build: Blank Heaven   minimalist white and black PC     Old S340 build log "White Heaven"        The "LIGHTCANON" flashlight build log        Project AntiRoll (prototype)        Custom speaker project

Spoiler

Ryzen 3950X | AMD Vega Frontier Edition | ASUS X570 Pro WS | Corsair Vengeance LPX 64GB | NZXT H500 | Seasonic Prime Fanless TX-700 | Custom loop | Coolermaster SK630 White | Logitech MX Master 2S | Samsung 980 Pro 1TB + 970 Pro 512GB | Samsung 58" 4k TV | Scarlett 2i4 | 2x AT2020

How so does it not work? Does the BIOS say there is no boot device or does Windows does not work?

it says please insert boot drive or something like that, 

Watches and computers                    

do a proper clean install

i cant... i dont have a windows CD or whatever you need...

Watches and computers                    

it says please insert boot drive or something like that,

And your BIOS does actually see the SSD?

(Maybe you shoukd just do a clean install anyways)

"We're all in this together, might as well be friends" Tom, Toonami.

mini eLiXiVy: my open source 65% mechanical PCB, a build log, PCB anatomy and discussing open source licenses: https://linustechtips.com/topic/1366493-elixivy-a-65-mechanical-keyboard-build-log-pcb-anatomy-and-how-i-open-sourced-this-project/

mini_cardboard: a 4% keyboard build log and how keyboards workhttps://linustechtips.com/topic/1328547-mini_cardboard-a-4-keyboard-build-log-and-how-keyboards-work/

And your BIOS does actually see the SSD?

(Maybe you shoukd just do a clean install anyways)

in the bios i can find my kingston SSD but it doesnt work, and i cant do a clean install cause then i would need a windows installation disk, right?

Watches and computers                    

i cant... i dont have a windows CD or whatever you need...

do you seriously not have a USB drive??

that's all you need...

NEW PC build: Blank Heaven   minimalist white and black PC     Old S340 build log "White Heaven"        The "LIGHTCANON" flashlight build log        Project AntiRoll (prototype)        Custom speaker project

Spoiler

Ryzen 3950X | AMD Vega Frontier Edition | ASUS X570 Pro WS | Corsair Vengeance LPX 64GB | NZXT H500 | Seasonic Prime Fanless TX-700 | Custom loop | Coolermaster SK630 White | Logitech MX Master 2S | Samsung 980 Pro 1TB + 970 Pro 512GB | Samsung 58" 4k TV | Scarlett 2i4 | 2x AT2020

do you seriously not have a USB drive??

that's all you need...

oh... how do i get windows on it then?

Watches and computers                    

oh... how do i get windows on it then?

if youre using windows 10 you just make installation media

tutorial here:http://www.howtogeek.com/224342/how-to-clean-install-windows-10/

if youre using older than windows 10 you just need to get your key with a keyfinder and download the windows ISO from microsoft

Spoiler

if youre using windows 10 you just make installation media

tutorial here:http://www.howtogeek.com/224342/how-to-clean-install-windows-10/

if youre using older than windows 10 you just need to get your key with a keyfinder and download the windows ISO from microsoft

i have windows 10  but how big USB do i need? i have a 16gb

Watches and computers                    

i have windows 10  but how big USB do i need? i have a 16gb

4GB at least

Spoiler

4GB at least

after i downloaded windows to my USB do i just go into bios and boot from it?

Watches and computers                    

after i downloaded windows to my USB do i just go into bios and boot from it?

did you read the instructions in the link?

Spoiler

did you read the instructions in the link?

theres quite a lot of text.. i downloaded the windows thing on my usb.

Watches and computers                    

theres quite a lot of text.. i downloaded the windows thing on my usb.

yes

text is something that you read

no reading = no learning

no learning = you screw up and do stuff wrong

if you really dont want to read, just look up tutorials of "how to clean install windows 10" on youtube

maybe visual learning is better for you

Spoiler

yes

text is something that you read

no reading = no learning

no learning = you screw up and do stuff wrong

if you really dont want to read, just look up tutorials of "how to clean install windows 10" on youtube

maybe visual learning is better for you

when the USB finished it said something about if i wanted to install it again i would need a windows key??

Watches and computers                    

when the USB finished it said something about if i wanted to install it again i would need a windows key??

no, windows 10 will activate itself after installing as long as you havent changed your motherboard

Spoiler

no, windows 10 will activate itself after installing as long as you havent changed your motherboard

on that website they say so much about different windows and methods and all.. its confusing i dont really know what to do or what to read..

Watches and computers                    

i dont really know what to do or how to do it.

Watches and computers