CPU for r9 390

pyr0

I am just wondering what the best cpu is that won't bottleneck a r9 390. I am open to Intel or AMD and will be playing games like

Wolfenstein the new order

DOOM 4 (When it comes out)

CS GO

Crysis 1

COD black ops 3

and perhaps fallout 4

Thanks in advance

budget?

RIG #14670k @4.4 / 1.25v vcore. @ 4.5 / 1.3v vcore/ 1.95v vccin. MSI GAMING 4G GTX 970 @1540/3700 1.275v BIOS MOD. 16GB Kingston HyperX Savage RAM 2400mhz. MSI GAMING 5 Z97 MOBOFractal Design Define S. Dark Rock Pro 3. 850 EVO 250GB Seasonic M12II 620w
RIG #2: 4790k @ 4.6 / 1.25v vcore. EVGA SC ACX 2.0 980 SLI16GB Corsair Vengeance Pro 2400mhz. Asus MAXIMUS VII Hero Z97. Fractal Design Define R5. NH D15. 850 EVO 250GB AX 860

-snip-

What are you looking to spend?

You could go i5 6600K, Z170, DDR4 or if that is too expensive you can go for i5 4460, H97, DDR3.

"We're all in this together, might as well be friends" Tom, Toonami.

mini eLiXiVy: my open source 65% mechanical PCB, a build log, PCB anatomy and discussing open source licenses: https://linustechtips.com/topic/1366493-elixivy-a-65-mechanical-keyboard-build-log-pcb-anatomy-and-how-i-open-sourced-this-project/

mini_cardboard: a 4% keyboard build log and how keyboards workhttps://linustechtips.com/topic/1328547-mini_cardboard-a-4-keyboard-build-log-and-how-keyboards-work/

I5-4460-i5-6600k

(anything in between)

i7-6700k  Cooling: Deepcool Captain 240EX White GPU: GTX 1080Ti EVGA FTW3 Mobo: AsRock Z170 Extreme4 Case: Phanteks P400s TG Special Black/White PSU: EVGA 850w GQ Ram: 64GB (3200Mhz 16x4 Corsair Vengeance RGB) Storage 1x 1TB Seagate Barracuda 240GBSandisk SSDPlus, 480GB OCZ Trion 150, 1TB Crucial NVMe
(Rest of Specs on Profile)

Fallout 4 is likely to be the only game that's CPU intensive. As long as it's less than 2 years old and quadcore you're probably fine. 

Fallout 4 is likely to be the only game that's CPU intensive. As long as it's less than 2 years old and quadcore you're probably fine. 

CS:GO is also quite CPU intensive, even more so than Fallout 4. 

mini eLiXiVy: my open source 65% mechanical PCB, a build log, PCB anatomy and discussing open source licenses: https://linustechtips.com/topic/1366493-elixivy-a-65-mechanical-keyboard-build-log-pcb-anatomy-and-how-i-open-sourced-this-project/

mini_cardboard: a 4% keyboard build log and how keyboards workhttps://linustechtips.com/topic/1328547-mini_cardboard-a-4-keyboard-build-log-and-how-keyboards-work/

How... how???

Well.. Just to be honest: the game doesn't look amazing. Not saying it looks bad, but the textures are just not really intensive, causing it to be a not so GPU heavy game, but a CPU heavy game

As far as amd goes, should I stay away or are there any good boards?

As far as amd goes, should I stay away or are there any good boards?

The 390, I had one and it was garbage. I much prefer my 290.

If anyone asks you never saw me.

Well.. Just to be honest: the game doesn't look amazing. Not saying it looks bad, but the textures are just not really intensive, causing it to be a not so GPU heavy game, but a CPU heavy game

Really? because my pc is really old with a dual core intel cpu, its called dual core so probably 7-8 years old and it pushes it at 30fps easily and the gpu is a quadro from about 7-8 years also as the pc itself

Selling a MSI GTX 550ti in stockholm sweden or looking for free pc parts in Stockholm sweden

The 390, I had one and it was garbage. I much prefer my 290.

Wut its better thn the 290 you know that right?

Selling a MSI GTX 550ti in stockholm sweden or looking for free pc parts in Stockholm sweden

Wut its better thn the 290 you know that right?

Do you have both? I did. Ran them in crossfire and against each other. The 290 is stronger. And that's a Vaporx 290 vs a Nitro 390.

Oh... You mean relative to GPU usage. That's fair. I thought you meant it was CPU intensive as in, would be more stressful than Fallout 4.

Do you have both? I did. Ran them in crossfire and against each other. The 290 is stronger. And that's a Vaporx 290 vs a Nitro 390.

Oh i dont have neither i was talking based of specs alone my bad then

EDIT: And benchmarks

Oh i dont have neither i was talking based of specs alone my bad then

EDIT: And benchmarks

The problem with benchmarks is they only give you part of the story. They only list fps. Stuttering, fps drops, imagine quality, and other aspects of gaming are often left out.

Buuuullll Shhhhhiiiittt LOL!!! Fallout 4 is this generation's Crysis.

Except crysis looks way better and can run at 144FPS without the physics engine exploding.

Desktop: Intel i9-10850K (R9 3900X died 😢 )| MSI Z490 Tomahawk | RTX 2080 (borrowed from work) - MSI GTX 1080 | 64GB 3600MHz CL16 memory | Corsair H100i (NF-F12 fans) | Samsung 970 EVO 512GB | Intel 665p 2TB | Samsung 830 256GB| 3TB HDD | Corsair 450D | Corsair RM550x | MG279Q

Laptop: Surface Pro 7 (i5, 16GB RAM, 256GB SSD)

Console: PlayStation 4 Pro

Except crysis looks way better and can run at 144FPS without the physics engine exploding.

I say it's this generations Crysis as almost no one can run it at a constant 60fps lol. Of course Crysis looks better, it's not open world.

The problem with benchmarks is they only give you part of the story. They only list fps. Stuttering, fps drops, imagine quality, and other aspects of gaming are often left out.

Ahhhh ok now i know that.

I say it's this generations Crysis as almost no one can run it at a constant 60fps lol. Of course Crysis looks better, it's not open world.

Not being an open world game is not an excuse to look that bad.

Both GTA V and The Witcher 3 look better and are openworld too.

Im sorry but Bethesda games are just ugly and buggy but they seem to be getting away with it.

Desktop: Intel i9-10850K (R9 3900X died 😢 )| MSI Z490 Tomahawk | RTX 2080 (borrowed from work) - MSI GTX 1080 | 64GB 3600MHz CL16 memory | Corsair H100i (NF-F12 fans) | Samsung 970 EVO 512GB | Intel 665p 2TB | Samsung 830 256GB| 3TB HDD | Corsair 450D | Corsair RM550x | MG279Q

Not being an open world game is not an excuse to look that bad.

Both GTA V and The Witcher 3 look better and are openworld too.

Im sorry but Bethesda games are just ugly and buggy but they seem to be getting away with it.

We're playing different games then.

Oh wait, we are because I mod my games MUAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!

Peasants...

Buuuullll Shhhhhiiiittt LOL!!! Fallout 4 is this generation's Crysis.

It's retarded how true this is considering how Fallout 4 looks

"If you ain't first, you're last"

We're playing different games then.

Oh wait, we are because I mod my games MUAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!

Peasants...

I did and my horse still went flying in Skyrim because no mods can fix broken engine.