CPU for r9 390

pyr0

I did and my horse still went flying in Skyrim because no mods can fix broken engine.

That's called a feature.

"If you ain't first, you're last"

I did and my horse still went flying in Skyrim because no mods can fix broken engine.

Did you just say that out loud? Of course you can fix the engine with a mod, there's already physics mods for Fallout 4...

If anyone asks you never saw me.

Did you just say that out loud? Of course you can fix the engine with a mod, there's already physics mods for Fallout 4...

There is no mod for fixing that the physics engine is coupled to the framerate.

And im not gonna play an ugly game at 60fps because the devs can program.

Desktop: Intel i9-10850K聽(R9 3900X died聽馃槩)| MSI Z490 Tomahawk | RTX 2080 (borrowed from work) -聽MSI GTX 1080聽| 64GB 3600MHz CL16聽memory聽|聽Corsair H100i (NF-F12 fans) | Samsung 970 EVO 512GB | Intel 665p 2TB | Samsung 830 256GB| 3TB HDD聽|聽Corsair 450D | Corsair RM550x聽| MG279Q

Laptop: Surface Pro 7 (i5, 16GB RAM, 256GB SSD)

Console: PlayStation 4 Pro

There is no mod for fixing that the physics engine is coupled to the framerate.

And im not gonna play an ugly game at 60fps because the devs can program.

Well, Fallout 4 holds the record for being played on Steam and Bethesda games hold the top 5 spots for modded games. So at least you have being right about them being able to program as their success back up your statement.

The 390, I had one and it was garbage. I much prefer my 290.

everybody loves an outdated space heater聽

CPU:聽i5 4690k聽聽(overclocked to 4.3ghz)聽聽聽聽聽聽聽聽聽聽聽聽聽CPU Cooler:聽Cryorig h7 聽聽聽聽聽聽聽聽聽聽聽聽聽聽聽 MOBO:聽聽Msi Z97 pc mate聽聽聽聽聽聽聽聽聽聽聽聽聽RAM:聽8GB HyperX 1600 blue

GPU:聽rx480聽 4gb聽聽聽聽聽聽聽聽聽聽聽聽聽聽聽聽聽聽聽聽聽聽聽聽聽聽聽聽聽聽聽聽聽聽聽聽聽聽聽聽聽聽聽聽聽 聽聽 CASE:聽Corsair Spec-01 red聽聽聽聽聽聽聽聽聽聽聽聽聽聽OS:聽Windows 10

PSU: EVGA聽500聽聽聽watt聽聽聽聽聽聽聽聽聽聽聽聽聽聽聽聽聽聽聽聽聽聽聽聽聽聽聽聽聽聽聽聽聽聽聽聽聽聽 SSD:聽聽聽 v60gb Mushkin ssd聽聽聽聽聽聽聽聽聽聽聽聽聽聽聽 HDD: 1000GB WD BLUE

everybody loves an outdated space heater

Vapor X, so welcome to being wrong ;)

Buuuullll Shhhhhiiiittt LOL!!! Fallout 4 is this generation's Crysis.

Uhhh, no its not. Far from it.

"We also blind small animals with cosmetics.
We do not sell cosmetics. We just blind animals."

"Please don't mistake us for Equifax. Those fuckers are evil"

This PSA brought to you by Equifacks.
PMSL

Uhhh, no its not. Far from it.

Name one other game that makes even enthusiast rigs cry even in 1080p? I'm not saying it's pretty dumb ass, I'm saying it's impossible to run LOL

Name one other game that makes even enthusiast rigs cry even in 1080p? I'm not saying it's pretty dumb ass, I'm saying it's impossible to run LOL

Lol, my GTX 970 has no problems at all at 1080p in FO4. And it looks worse than Crysis and still has the issues found in all other Bethesda games. FO4 doesn't look that much better than FONV.

PMSL

Lol, my GTX 970 has no problems at all at 1080p in FO4. And it looks worse than Crysis and still has the issues found in all other Bethesda games. FO4 doesn't look that much better than FONV.

Wrong, I pick on the game as much as anyone but come on lol. Fallout 4 looks massively better that FONV even in vanilla mode, modded it's beautiful. Using a 970 is cheating and the main reason I want one LOL.

Well.. Just to be honest: the game doesn't look amazing. Not saying it looks bad, but the textures are just not really intensive, causing it to be a not so GPU heavy game, but a CPU heavy game

This.

Source is optimized like fucking trash and can be ran on damn NetBurst Pentium 4s better than any recent AMD CPU.

Check out my guide on how to scan cover art here!

Local asshole and 6th generation console enthusiast.

Wrong, I pick on the game as much as anyone but come on lol. Fallout 4 looks massively better that FONV even in vanilla mode, modded it's beautiful. Using a 970 is cheating and the main reason I want one LOL.

Ok, how is using a GTX 970 cheating? You were saying even enthusiast rigs cry at 1080p with FO4, and straight up at its price point and with its performance the GTX 970 is not what you'd find inside an enthusiast gaming rig. And Skyrim is beautiful with mods as well, and could be called last generations Crysis because of that. However FO4 needs mods to look as good as Crysis, so it can not be this generations Crysis. That would be SWBF-despite its lack of content.

PMSL

Ok, how is using a GTX 970 cheating? You were saying even enthusiast rigs cry at 1080p with FO4, and straight up at its price point and with its performance the GTX 970 is not what you'd find inside an enthusiast gaming rig. And Skyrim is beautiful with mods as well, and could be called last generations Crysis because of that. However FO4 needs mods to look as good as Crysis, so it can not be this generations Crysis. That would be SWBF-despite its lack of content.

I was mostly joking, a 970 still needs a i7 to keep from losing fps too but the 970, i7, 1080p combo is King in Fallout 4. But even then I know guys with 970s and Xeons having issues. The game blows chunks.

The issue is the personal definition of "running the game well", for me that's a constant 60fps at least at ultra settings. None of this "shadow distance to medium" console settings bull shit I see people pull LOL.

Buuuullll Shhhhhiiiittt LOL!!! Fallout 4 is this generation's Crysis.

You're stealing my bullshtick.

G3258 V 860k (Spoiler: G3258 wins)

Spoiler

i7-4790K | MSI R9 390x | Cryorig H5 | MSI Z97 Gaming 7 Motherboard | G.Skill Sniper 8gbx2 1600mhz DDR3 | Corsair 300R | WD Green 2TB 2.5" 5400RPM drive | <p>Corsair RM750 | Logitech G602 | Corsair K95 RGB | Logitech Z313

I was mostly joking, a 970 still needs a i7 to keep from losing fps too but the 970, i7, 1080p combo is King in Fallout 4. But even then I know guys with 970s and Xeons having issues. The game blows chunks.

The issue is the personal definition of "running the game well", for me that's a constant 60fps at least at ultra settings. None of this "shadow distance to medium" console settings bull shit I see people pull LOL.

That's my definition of running the game well too. However I am satisfied with pretty much any graphical quality (with in reason-aka not the BS seen in some Steam greenlight and early access games) as long as it runs at 60fps smoothly, with 45fps being ok in games that aren't FPS (45fps referring to this laptop's Ati MR HD5650/4250).

Edit: Also, if I can resurrect my i5 4440 (I think I undervolted it to death-Haswell/Broadwell FIVR quirk) I'll try it with FO4.

PMSL

Good CPU to go with an R9 390? anything i5 4430/4440/4460 and up :), just depends on your budget. if you don't intend on OCing then a 4460 or 4590 or a Xeon E3 1231V3 would be down your alley :D. if you want to OC then i'd see if you can find a deal on a 4690K if not then get a 6600K :3.

Hey bro i like yo *vomits on you*

SpOOkY聽 - Intel Core i7 4820K - Sapphire Radeon HD 7970GHZ Toxic Edition 6GB - 16GB Corsair Vengeance 1600Mhz - Gigabyte X79-UD3 - EVGA Supernova G2 850W

My GrApHiCs DeSiGn TeAcHeR Is GoInG To bE sO MaD

That's my definition of running the game well too. However I am satisfied with pretty much any graphical quality (with in reason-aka not the BS seen in some Steam greenlight and early access games) as long as it runs at 60fps smoothly, with 45fps being ok in games that aren't FPS (45fps referring to this laptop's Ati MR HD5650/4250).

Edit: Also, if I can resurrect my i5 4440 (I think I undervolted it to death-Haswell/Broadwell FIVR quirk) I'll try it with FO4.

Let me know how it goes please, very interested in the results.

Let me know how it goes please, very interested in the results.

If I do resurrect the i5, I'll also try it with an overclock to 3.3GHz to simulate the i5 4960 (that is if that's its clock speed-I've had that i5 4440 idling at room temps so its TIM is fine).

PMSL

We're playing different games then.

Oh wait, we are because I mod my games MUAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!

Peasants...

On that note-can't use graphical mods for Skyrim with this laptop-1GB vRAM @ 1366X768.

PMSL

On that note-can't use graphical mods for Skyrim with this laptop-1GB vRAM @ 1366X768.

That sucks, Skyrim is made for modders. So far so has Fallout, I hit 35 active mods last night.

That sucks, Skyrim is made for modders. So far so has Fallout, I hit 35 active mods last night.

I did say graphical mods. All other mods (except perhaps CPU intensive-this Phenom II N970 has a significantly lower IPC than a Pentium M 770 and Core Duo T2600-own all 3 and compared them) will be fine, though with this laptop's 100GB HDD, I can pretty much only fit Skyrim+ mods on it, no other games+mods (Windows takes up about 40GB/93GB. I never expect miracles with laptop dGPU so if games look bad I don't mind-if they look bad on my GTX 970 however, which is far more powerful than MR HD5650, then I get pissed.

PMSL

Vapor X, so welcome to being wrong ;)

by outdated i mean they have been replaced by the 300 series by spaceheater i mean they run at 90+ degrees celsius聽

CPU:聽i5 4690k聽聽(overclocked to 4.3ghz)聽聽聽聽聽聽聽聽聽聽聽聽聽CPU Cooler:聽Cryorig h7 聽聽聽聽聽聽聽聽聽聽聽聽聽聽聽 MOBO:聽聽Msi Z97 pc mate聽聽聽聽聽聽聽聽聽聽聽聽聽RAM:聽8GB HyperX 1600 blue

GPU:聽rx480聽 4gb聽聽聽聽聽聽聽聽聽聽聽聽聽聽聽聽聽聽聽聽聽聽聽聽聽聽聽聽聽聽聽聽聽聽聽聽聽聽聽聽聽聽聽聽聽 聽聽 CASE:聽Corsair Spec-01 red聽聽聽聽聽聽聽聽聽聽聽聽聽聽OS:聽Windows 10

PSU: EVGA聽500聽聽聽watt聽聽聽聽聽聽聽聽聽聽聽聽聽聽聽聽聽聽聽聽聽聽聽聽聽聽聽聽聽聽聽聽聽聽聽聽聽聽 SSD:聽聽聽 v60gb Mushkin ssd聽聽聽聽聽聽聽聽聽聽聽聽聽聽聽 HDD: 1000GB WD BLUE

by outdated i mean they have been replaced by the 300 series by spaceheater i mean they run at 90+ degrees celsius

And by wrong I mean that, well you're wrong lol. My Vaporx never crosses 80c. Even when I do everything I can to push it there overclocking.