Removing the feet of a Define R4

minimoose

So I want to move my computer under my desk, but it's ever so slightly too tall but if I remove the feet it would fit. It's a Define R4. I'm thinking this could cause problems for the power supply and dust intake, it's on a wood floor. Any ideas/suggestions?

So I want to move my computer under my desk, but it's ever so slightly too tall but if I remove the feet it would fit. It's a Define R4. I'm thinking this could cause problems for the power supply and dust intake, it's on a wood floor. Any ideas/suggestions?

IIRC they are just screwed in from the bottom but if your PSU is face down do not do this cause it will basically block off airflow to the PSU, not to mention the case will sit on the dust filters.

Flip the PSU so it draws air from inside the case instead of under it. And you should still put feet under the case, even if they are small ones. That way the dust filters and what not don't get mushed under the case and it still sits evenly. You can get some rubber adhesive ones from probably WalMart or Amazon. 

These shouldn't be too much taller than no feet at all: http://www.amazon.com/StarTech-4-Inch-Self-Adhesive-Rubber-RUBBERFEET/dp/B00032Q30Q/ref=sr_1_11?ie=UTF8&qid=1450856499&sr=8-11&keywords=rubber+feet

Flip the PSU so it draws air from inside the case instead of under it. And you should still put feet under the case, even if they are small ones. That way the dust filters and what not don't get mushed under the case and it still sits evenly. You can get some rubber adhesive ones from probably WalMart or Amazon. 

These shouldn't be too much taller than no feet at all: http://www.amazon.com/StarTech-4-Inch-Self-Adhesive-Rubber-RUBBERFEET/dp/B00032Q30Q/ref=sr_1_11?ie=UTF8&qid=1450856499&sr=8-11&keywords=rubber+feet

That's a good idea, thanks!